7 replies to this topic

#1 neyb

neyb

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hello,

I write this topic because I think a serious problem starts happening in GW2 concerning monopolizing (the purpose is not to troll... but it will be hard ^^).

If you look carefully, a lot of items seems to be monopolized (all stock disappears & reappears at +50~100%).

especially monopolozing concerns dusk because it's a hard item to monopolized (due to its high base price). Surely to hard to be monopolized by a single player and probably not mobopolizable by a guild...

Now the point is about (chinese ? not sure...) seller entreprises. They use "illegal" way to make virtual money & sell this virtual money against real money, We all know this...

But now... they need to create the need... they have a lot of gold... => monopolizing some item that are very hard to drop (or craft) seems to be a good Idea...

this way :
  • they create the need for gold (so they sell gold)
  • they get the sold gold back (it's not totally right because they lose few dusk but...)
  • they win gold (due to raise of monopolized prises)
you could say "as long as player a ready to pay 400po why seller should sell it 100 ?" my answer would be : player are ready to buy it so high priced because they don't have the choice ! hte player experience is once again *ed up by the farm entreprises (playing without chinese implies thousands hours of farming... what I totally hate).

just for the troll : I talk about this in my guild... And some people even think that "these chinese" could in fact  be ANET...

if there is no system to avoid that, either ANET is stupid (this is not the first MMO... not THEIR first MMO (stop kidding us with our firewall when server is down...btw)), or they volontary let it because they have an agreement with gold seller & earn more money this way (but this would mean ANET has totally no respect for the player... fortunatly, it cannot happens in carebears world !).

last troll question : why ANET can't bann bot more efficiently ? I mean some servers are 10% bot server...

now maybe I should stop being paranoid / QQing... dunno =)

what is your opinion about that (not my QQing ^^) ? (and sorry for my bad english ^^)
is there a way to fight against monopolize ? (I mean IG, IRL there is the  "competition authority")

#2 NeoSaigon

NeoSaigon

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Why do you have to have 400g in a month?  Legendary weapons are a long-term goal, 3-6 months for the average player.  Making 100g a month is not too difficult.  Doing 3 dungeon paths gets you ~1g in drops + rewards and takes about an hour.  You can leisurely make 30g/month, playing almost the bare minimum of GW2.  Most people would be able to make more than this.  

You are being paranoid thinking that Dusk is monopolized by gold sellers.  It costs ~5g per try at Dusk, (3 exotics destroyed, you get 1 back).  Throw 100 attempts at the mystic forge and there still is a very likely chance that you'll get nothing back for your efforts.  If anything, bots looting Dusk actually pushes the price down.  Not to mention they lower the price of materials to craft 80 exotics.

Now, there may be a handful of people that bought the pre-cursors very early, holding a vast supply of them when they were ~60g.  Sure, these people made a killing off of them, not because they're pushing up the price, but rather because the price was grossly undervalued before.  Most people didn't know what these weapons were for and others just couldn't afford them.  Moreover, exotics were 4g each at the time, making the cost of attempting for one 12g per try.  The price Dusk now is pretty close to how much it would cost to try and make one, maybe even a bit cheaper.

As long as the precursor prices aren't increasing exponentially, at a rate that farming could never keep up with the increase, I don't have a problem with them.  From what I've seen, they're pretty steady at 350g.  Since bots have been banned, prices even increased a little.

Edit:  

last troll question : why ANET can't bann bot more efficiently ? I mean some servers are 10% bot server..

The majority of bots have been recently banned/patched.  Obviously they'll come back, but yeah ANET is doing their best

Edited by NeoSaigon, 08 November 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#3 Scubazombeh

Scubazombeh

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

You're paranoid and probably just complaining and pinning the blame on RMT and botters.

Monopolizing is perfectly fine in this market. It's up to Anet to adjust the supply accordingly. I'm actually considering buying up all the supply of lodestones. Some lodestones have less than 500 supply and I could corner the market and make a huge profit since it's a high demand item among wealthy buyers.

#4 NeoSaigon

NeoSaigon

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Try it and you'll fail.  The majority of lodestone purchases aren't from people crafting weapons.  How many vulcanuses (that word sounds funny lol) have you seen?  Lodestones aren't bought by the rich for pretty skins, they're bought by crafters making runes for profit.  The problem with buying everything out is that you'll be sitting on a large stock of items, as new items are coming in.

#5 Sinnacle

Sinnacle

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GH]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Its really hard to monopolize dusk when Random Randy can go to the forge on his warrior and get the Lover then sell it on the TP.  You can control the supply  of dusk coming into the economy and if you keep sellng them at 450+ people just wont buy them.  Then you will be stuck with 8 dusks all over 450g and everyone else keeps undercutting driving the price down.

#6 Serris

Serris

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

View Postneyb, on 08 November 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

you could say "as long as player a ready to pay 400po why seller should sell it 100 ?" my answer would be : player are ready to buy it so high priced because they don't have the choice ! hte player experience is once again *ed up by the farm entreprises (playing without chinese implies thousands hours of farming... what I totally hate).

you pay a % on selling legendaries. if people start undercutting the monopoly by a small percent, then the groups monopolizing would lose a lot of money on TP fees.

so i very much doubt there's this big "farming enterprise" you seem to think there is.

#7 Allmightybob

Allmightybob

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

There's only six Dusks on the market right now, there's little to monopolize and you run a huge risk of people crafting more of them. A far better strategy is to go after key ingredients that are in a lot of high demand recipes. Certain fine crafting materials and cooking ingredients are great for this.

#8 squalleonahar

squalleonahar

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

simple, Anet can just make items you bought from TP become account bound then all those monopolizided will die.
copy right this idea of mine ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users