#31 Groggie

Groggie

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RK]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Is anyone else having complete PC crashes in instances (story/dungeon) while running SweetFX? My screen just freezes randomly and then I am forced to restart my PC using the on/off button as nothing responds anymore. The log file shows nothing..

When I turn the SweetFX effect off with scroll lock, I get lags of 10 seconds and a screen turning black instead, but no complete crash.

It doesn't happen in the open world, just in instances, so it's really confusing me. :( I'd really like to continue using SweetFX but it's impossible to be effective in dungeons when crashing 24/7. I'd really like to know what could possibly be causing this.

Edited by Groggie, 03 February 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#32 Baldur The Bold

Baldur The Bold

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ARM]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

Sweet FX to my knowledge has never crashed GW2 for me. In fact GW2 rarely if ever crashes for me at all. You can try to use the default .ini settings for the injector and see how that goes.

Edited by Baldur The Bold, 04 February 2013 - 02:19 AM.

#33 johnnybravo15

johnnybravo15

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

Isnt it interfere on game files? I dont want to be banned because of one graphic mod.

#34 typographie

typographie

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1959 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LAW]

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

View Postjohnnybravo15, on 06 February 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

Isnt it interfere on game files? I dont want to be banned because of one graphic mod.

Hundreds or thousands of people (including me) have been using it for months. If they were getting banned, don't you think we'd see at least one thread on one of the forums complaining about it? I've never even heard a rumor that anyone has ever been banned for this.

No matter how one stretches the definition it doesn't meet any of the points Anet uses to determine whether a mod is ban-worthy, and so they tolerate it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users