Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Predictions #4 - week 11/09/12

wvw predictions wild mass guessing

  • Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 Sayura

Sayura

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 218 posts
  • Location:Baltimore
  • Guild Tag:[OPSN]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

View PostHennet, on 09 November 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

Im predicting all green wins this week, its pretty much the same matchups as last week.

Tier 1 needs to push blackgate out so SoS can get in for the following week.

Tier 2 need to step up their game to give SoS competition.

We're pushing BG. :) So hard that a BG player needed to PM me how hurt he was through personal insults.

How happy this makes me. :lol:

#62 Waage83

Waage83

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RK]

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostRicoz, on 09 November 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Sorry man but you need to learn to respect your enemies as well. I have nothing against you personally but the way some of you DEYS and BG talks in forum is so egoistic its hard to imagine how you guys wonder why you are ever 2v1ed. I do not know bout the rest of SBI and JQ but if score is not an issue my friends would rather hit BG then JQ because of how condescending you guys are.

Respect them for what?? I only respect people worthy of respecting. I Respect FIRE for trying and i respect War Machine for there great effort. Why should you get respect. Because your on a Tier 1 server, because your against me or some other arbitrary reason??.

I respect Guilds, Commanders and players that show great strength and power  Who know what to do and do it. Respect is some you earn it is not given. Hell the only reason i am here on this forum is because i wan't more to fight.

Respect is only demanded for those people to soft in the head to earn it them self.

#63 chuckles79

chuckles79

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1685 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FANG]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Side thread of why SoS is an unenviable position now:
I have a bad feeling about the coming week.  After beating SoR and IoJ twice over the last 3 matches, we're not in that good of a position thanks to BG deciding to pull out of their nose dive.
Complacency will be our biggest enemy and IoJ and SoR have a lot of wounded pride to make up for.  Even if we were to prevail like we have the last two weeks; that will bump us up into T1 for Lost Shore Weekend.

All things equal I think we would not embarrass ourselves in tier 1 any other weekend, but we're definitely a PvX server as evidenced by almost losing to SoR in our first match (delicious candy corn distractions).  SBI and JQ are probably more hardcore in their WvW devotion so we'll see results that don't paint a good picture of where things are.

The only thing that would salvage those results would be the nigh unthinkable, SoR pulling ahead of BG.  That would see the bandwagon alliance splinter into a thousand pieces and complete insanity in the transfer games.

#64 Rashy

Rashy

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 449 posts
  • Location:Vancouver, BC
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[STAR]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Topic locked while cleaning up.

Re-opened. Keep the discussion on topic folks, or it really will be locked permanently.

Edited by Rashy, 09 November 2012 - 09:22 PM.


#65 Syphen

Syphen

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SENT]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostPunNyJR, on 08 November 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Geez that SENT guy really talk big a lot and i never seen that guild tag around.


You make me laugh walking around without opening your eyes :-D

#66 Hennet

Hennet

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostSayura, on 09 November 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

We're pushing BG. :) So hard that a BG player needed to PM me how hurt he was through personal insults.

How happy this makes me. :lol:
This.....just makes me /cry.... You go girl!

#67 xSuicide

xSuicide

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 67 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Cond]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

oh man, i don't what is going on anymore (i kinda quit...). could someone answer the following questions in the most unbiased neutral way possible?

1) When did BG became an egotistic server? I thought the reason BG climbed back from T4 was due to our unrelenting spirit and our humble classy wvw player base that caused many guilds to join our cause.

2) What does "tiers" mean? The last time I checked, it was server coverage > server communication > individual guild skill > individual player skill.

3) I honestly don't get what's fun about "just trying to stay within the top 3 servers". Sure, you can say you're part of a "stacked" server, but then again, all you need to do is transfer to the #1 server and say that. I thought WvW was created to let players have fun killing each other, not some type of algorithmic manipulation process.

#68 Meldios

Meldios

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 113 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CoF]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

View PostxSuicide, on 09 November 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

2) What does "tiers" mean? The last time I checked, it was server coverage > server communication > individual guild skill > individual player skill.

Seriously, you show up on Friday afternoon and try to make sense on Guru? GG

:P

#69 ArlanKels

ArlanKels

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Not to be a whiner but i'm wondering how badly ASpenwood is going to smush it's opponents in Tier4 this week?
Yaks is leaving us behind and we get..DH and Henge...and I don't think DH won against Tier5 all that strongly?  Which leads me to think that it's not going to be a fair fight unless Aspenwood phones it in and doesn't even show up to fight.

I don't know...

#70 G L J

G L J

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 608 posts
  • Location:Texas
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

View PostxSuicide, on 09 November 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

2) What does "tiers" mean? The last time I checked, it was server coverage > server communication > individual guild skill > individual player skill.

Originally the tiers meant whichever ones were rated higher, i.e.: the top servers would be high on the tiers.

Now we just call the tiers whichever position they are, i.e. first game is tier 1 and second game is tier 2

#71 Fannwong

Fannwong

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

Hello xSuicide,

For point 1, looking at the big picture, there are maybe 8-15max BG folks who are posting on the stonemists threads. Statisically wise it's a very small sample of the BG WvW population and definitely not representative of the entire server. It would be unwise to think that BG is an egotistic server.

I do know/hear of folks quitting WvW due to the fact they find it boring or the lag unacceptable.

There is no real way to verify the authenticity of the posters (except the mods) so everything said here has be to taken with a pinch of salt. This post included.

FW

View PostxSuicide, on 09 November 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

oh man, i don't what is going on anymore (i kinda quit...). could someone answer the following questions in the most unbiased neutral way possible?

1) When did BG became an egotistic server? I thought the reason BG climbed back from T4 was due to our unrelenting spirit and our humble classy wvw player base that caused many guilds to join our cause.

Edited by Fannwong, 10 November 2012 - 12:42 AM.


#72 Global_GW2

Global_GW2

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 681 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

View PostFannwong, on 10 November 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

Hello xSuicide,

For point 1, looking at the big picture, there are maybe 8-15max BG folks who are posting on the stonemists threads. Statisically wise it's a very small sample of the BG WvW population and definitely not representative of the entire server. It would be unwise to think that BG is an egotistic server.

I do know/hear of folks quitting WvW due to the fact they find it boring or the lag unacceptable.

There is no real way to verify the authenticity of the posters (except the mods) so everything said here has be to taken with a pinch of salt. This post included.

FW

Very wise words spoken right here. Well said.

#73 Ricoz

Ricoz

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

View PostWaage83, on 09 November 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:


Respect them for what?? I only respect people worthy of respecting. I Respect FIRE for trying and i respect War Machine for there great effort. Why should you get respect. Because your on a Tier 1 server, because your against me or some other arbitrary reason??.

I respect Guilds, Commanders and players that show great strength and power  Who know what to do and do it. Respect is some you earn it is not given. Hell the only reason i am here on this forum is because i wan't more to fight.

Respect is only demanded for those people to soft in the head to earn it them self.

If you dont know how to respect other servers then how do you expect others to respect you and what you say? If respect is given only by how much you have achieved and not because theres is another person just like you behind the character, then by your logic there is no need to respect DEYS alliance because they came out talking big but achieve nothing? Anyway i guess we agree to disagree here.

#74 Nirvii

Nirvii

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THAI]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

yesterday night before the match reset was a blast! we managed to turn all bg bl map to us all. (with less to no resistance though) and then we moved to eternal bg, retook sm and defend it while so many swamp of zergs going in both west and east. we managed to hold it! so epic! thanks for all the fun. (although for some odd reason yet again that both jqq and sbi decided not to attack each other but stomp our sm from both front :P) luckily with eu push few days ago combined with what we been holding the last 4 hours make us still in tier1. sooo next game is on! have fun!

Edited by Nirvii, 10 November 2012 - 08:56 AM.


#75 Waage83

Waage83

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RK]

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

View PostRicoz, on 10 November 2012 - 05:23 AM, said:

If you dont know how to respect other servers then how do you expect others to respect you and what you say? If respect is given only by how much you have achieved and not because theres is another person just like you behind the character, then by your logic there is no need to respect DEYS alliance because they came out talking big but achieve nothing? Anyway i guess we agree to disagree here.

So what have you done that is worthy of respect?? Now i don't care if you like us or not, respect us, hate us and every thing else. DEYS is DEYS. We do our thing and that is it.

So tell me what makes SBI worthy of respect??

#76 Rendon

Rendon

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Sigh, this is what happens when the tier 1 forum war no longer has a thread to take place in. It just spills into all the other threads on the forums.

Back to predictions, I may be a little late on this, but judging by how Tier 1 is going right now, I believe JQ will get an early lead with a decent gap between them and second place over the weekend, and SBI will slowly get the lead back over several nights from superior night-early morning coverage.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wvw, predictions, wild mass guessing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users