5 replies to this topic

#1 Metalgemini

Metalgemini

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Hey all,

I have an 80 Guardian with Armorsmithing and Weaponsmithing.  Started an alt Warrior today and was wondering if there is any reason to do the same crafting discipline on two characters?  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but everything is Soulbound on Use or Accountbound, right?  Any gear I need for leveling can be made on my guardian and banked to the alt.  Even if I switch mains and want to make a legendary for my Warrior, I can still use Gifts crafted on my Guardian?

Thanks!

#2 artemist

artemist

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[IF]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostMetalgemini, on 08 November 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Hey all,

I have an 80 Guardian with Armorsmithing and Weaponsmithing.  Started an alt Warrior today and was wondering if there is any reason to do the same crafting discipline on two characters?  
Lvl up, each discipline give ~10-12 levels.

View PostMetalgemini, on 08 November 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Even if I switch mains and want to make a legendary for my Warrior, I can still use Gifts crafted on my Guardian?

Yes, Gifts are account bound.

Edited by artemist, 09 November 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#3 ThiaTheMuse

ThiaTheMuse

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Slam]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

I would suggest leveling up other Disciplines on your Warrior. There is no reason to have two characters with the same crafting, but crafting gives quite a lot of exp.

#4 Linfang

Linfang

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2362 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

If you have an over saturated amount of supply for one crafting profession it pays off to simply craft to get experience, even if it's a profession you already mastered on another character.

#5 BrettM

BrettM

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FPI]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

No reason to do the same disciplines, and every reason to pick complementary disciplines. Does your guardian ever use staff, scepter, focus, or trident? Then perhaps you need an artificer to make those for him. Will your warrior ever use a bow and your guardian a torch? Then perhaps a huntsman would be a good choice. Both of your characters can make use of jewelry, so perhaps making your warrior a jeweler would be a good idea. Likewise a chef can make consumables for any of your characters or for sale at the TP.

#6 Specialz

Specialz

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

I level multiple recipe if it cheap to level up for my alt as ez exp. I hate leveling from level 30 to 60, so I level up with 3 crafts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users