10 replies to this topic

#1 Nabuko Darayon

Nabuko Darayon

Creative Quaggan

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

So basically there's a gw2 video for everything, even when you fart... But I couldn't find any cinematic videos that show up while doing dungeons. That'd be nice to see (*gives suggestion to all youtube fanatics out there*)
Usually none of my teammates have the time to wait so we all just skip them, but I see a lot of interesting lore infos there and every path has it's own story.
Pretty please make them :D

#2 MrMastodonFarm

MrMastodonFarm

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostNabuko Darayon, on 08 November 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

So basically there's a gw2 video for everything, even when you fart... But I couldn't find any cinematic videos that show up while doing dungeons. That'd be nice to see (*gives suggestion to all youtube fanatics out there*)
Usually none of my teammates have the time to wait so we all just skip them, but I see a lot of interesting lore infos there and every path has it's own story.
Pretty please make them :D

When I played SWTOR and they had mass amounts of cut scenes and cinematics in the dungeons it ended up slowing progress down a lot. More than that though, half the people would skip the cinematic and then the other half would want to watch it and so the people who skipped would start to get annoyed with the people who didn't.

I agree with you, but it could pave the way to unneccassary kicking in dungeons.

#3 Nabuko Darayon

Nabuko Darayon

Creative Quaggan

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostMrMastodonFarm, on 10 November 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

When I played SWTOR and they had mass amounts of cut scenes and cinematics in the dungeons it ended up slowing progress down a lot. More than that though, half the people would skip the cinematic and then the other half would want to watch it and so the people who skipped would start to get annoyed with the people who didn't.

I agree with you, but it could pave the way to unneccassary kicking in dungeons.

Exactly! Plus a lot of the cuscenes are quite interesting

#4 MFGrady

MFGrady

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

Do you mean the standard "Hi Jane, Hi Bob" cut scenes or the epic ones that play at Character Creation/AC Story/Order Selection?

I was expecting one for each story mode dungeon, but I assume either their budget/time ran out, or they purposely only made the one for AC.

#5 Nabuko Darayon

Nabuko Darayon

Creative Quaggan

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

View PostMFGrady, on 10 November 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

Do you mean the standard "Hi Jane, Hi Bob" cut scenes or the epic ones that play at Character Creation/AC Story/Order Selection?

I was expecting one for each story mode dungeon, but I assume either their budget/time ran out, or they purposely only made the one for AC.

I mean cinematics that show up during our Exploration/Story Mode though the dungeon. I was always interested to see what's going on in Arah paths but since the dungeon is so time consuming anyway I always skipped those cinematics

#6 Wordsworth

Wordsworth

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostNabuko Darayon, on 10 November 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

I mean cinematics that show up during our Exploration/Story Mode though the dungeon. I was always interested to see what's going on in Arah paths but since the dungeon is so time consuming anyway I always skipped those cinematics

Then don't skip them...

#7 Nabuko Darayon

Nabuko Darayon

Creative Quaggan

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

View PostWordsworth, on 11 November 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

Then don't skip them...

It's kinda impossible to do it without teammates raging at you. You can't just decide to be a douchebag and say heck with you guys I'm doing my own thing. It's a team afterall ;)

#8 MrMastodonFarm

MrMastodonFarm

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostNabuko Darayon, on 11 November 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

It's kinda impossible to do it without teammates raging at you. You can't just decide to be a douchebag and say heck with you guys I'm doing my own thing. It's a team afterall ;)

It would be cool if they had a feature similar to your storyline that saved all your lore. So when you completed a dungeon all the cutscenes that were in the dungeon would become available for you to view at a later time when you aren't bogged down by guildies or team mates.

#9 Nabuko Darayon

Nabuko Darayon

Creative Quaggan

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostMrMastodonFarm, on 11 November 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

It would be cool if they had a feature similar to your storyline that saved all your lore. So when you completed a dungeon all the cutscenes that were in the dungeon would become available for you to view at a later time when you aren't bogged down by guildies or team mates.

That's be cool too, or even if ANet relased them cuz they already have them recorded :D

#10 Himei

Himei

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

I would agree to this.  I'm 80 but have only done 1 dungeon so far, AC Story.  It was with a friend and some random people so while I was watching the story, they were off on their way.  I eventually had to skip the rest of the story also or they would leave me behind.  Would love to be able to see the video of the story somewhere so I can also skip to join the rest of my party.

#11 MrMastodonFarm

MrMastodonFarm

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Well I guess for the time being someone will just have to record them and put 'em up on youtube! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users