My Skill Ideas:Without Bipod Up:
Skill 1) Vital Shot
- Fire a quick shot to the targets vitals, causing bleeding and cripple.1 second cool down
Skill 2) Aimed Shot
- Move slowly (50% movement speed reduction) as you take aim at your target. Channeled, the longer the skill is held down over 5 seconds of aim time, the more damage done.10 second cool down
Skill 3) Head Shot
- Kneel down in place for 1 second as you aim for your targets head. Causes daze and 4 stacks of confusion.10 second cool down
Skill 4) Over Heat
- Over heat your weapon's barrel, next shot causes burn, or cause burn the area around you when hit in combat.15 second cool down
Skill 5) Explosive Round
- Fire a timed explosive round into your target, goes off after 4 seconds. When it explodes it knocks them back and causes vulnerability.20 second cool downBipod Deployed (With Bipod deployed you are stationary until it is taken down or destroyed, the bipod can be destroyed with AoE attacks, but not directly targeted.):
Skill 1) Sniper's Shot
- You basic aimed shot. Same charging mechanic as Aimed Shot, but charged for up to 10 seconds. The longest ranged shot the sniper has, 1800 (2000 maybe?) range.1 second cool down
Skill 2) Four For One
- Take shot that cannot be blocked (aegis) by your target, it pierces in a strait line through target, causing cripple. Same charging mechanic as Aimed Shot, but can be aimed for up to 10 seconds.5 second cool down
Skill 3) Deadly Bullets
- Fire three quick shots at your target. The first one causes poison, the second one causes bleed, and the third one causes 5 stacks of vulnerability.15 second cool down
Skill 4) Cool Down
- Similar to Over Heat. Take a shot that chills your target, and anyone around it in a 10 meter radius (Sorry, don't know how AoE sizes are measured). Your sniper also cools down, releasing a healing area around it. Heal pulses like the elixir gun 5 skills. Light combo field, healing area lasts for 10 seconds.25 second cool down
Skill 5) Note: I'm still not 100% positive about what this skill should be, this is just a suggestion or place filler until I (or someone else) thinks of something better. Sniper's Den
- Set up base. Place an elixir mine field around you in a 20 meter radius (how ever big the chilling grenade skill is). Anyone that steps on a mine is knocked back, crippled, and receives a third random condition. Along with mines you are ready for anything. When you are attacked while the Den is activated you drink an Elixir S and become invisible for 3 seconds to escape, you also gain 5 seconds of protection. The Sniper's Den remains active only while the bipod is deployed, and lasts for up to 60 seconds before needing to be set up again.10 second setup time (so it isn't used right as someone attacks you.)2 minute cool downBecause this Elite Sniper Kit would be so powerful, the #6 Healing Skill would be turned into the Bipod Setup/Take Down skill, as long as the Sniper Kit is equipped. The Bipod Setup/Take Down skill would have a 10 second setup/take down time, and have a 15 second cool down.
I'm not sure what damage range each skill should have, as most of them are charged up over time. The numbers have to feel powerful, but still can't be as ridiculous as a back stab thief. Something around the warriors rifle adrenaline skill when fully charged.
I hope this still sounds balanced...
Edited by Nimajk, 10 November 2012 - 07:52 PM.