• Curse Sites
Help
* * * * - 64 votes

[Build] Sonic Boon - Shout Greatsword

build greatsword shout might fury boon signet of rage survivability heal adrenaline

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
656 replies to this topic

#181 ewat

ewat

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

I played this GS + shout build alot in early dungeon days, but have recently been Axe/Mace in fractals.

Went back to GS build last night to see how it goes in higher level Fractals (15 onwards) and I have to completely agree with KrayZ23...it feels 'weak'. Yes you have potential for great dps and yay you can build big might stacks, but its ‘risky’ dps because you can very rarely stand still and chain your 100b combos at bosses.

Not saying this build doesn’t work in fractals, it does, but I believe there are better options at the moment for the content out there.

(Love your work though strife, would be interested in your opinions on it if you get a chance to do some fractals)

#182 KrayZ33

KrayZ33

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

So best case scenario you have 5+6+6+6 = 23, that's only going to happen less than 50% of the time, you'll be at 5+3+3+3 in the lowest scenario, getting 14 stacks of might, average here being 18 stacks of might, and then subtract one or two because the FGJ might is only 6 stacks 33% of the time rather than 50%.

This is all assuming you use LB Burst over Eviscerate, wasting the Adrenaline reserve trait, and giving you less than optimal damage due to a lack of condition damage. Certainly if you were going to build a spec like this, you would use more boon/might duration, less crit, more condition damage, and different traits.

you have enough adrenaline to use both 3 stack LB burst and 3 stack Axe burst on Cooldown if you really want to
you don't need to have 3 stack for the LB burst though.

on a side note burning still deals around 450 dmg each tick even without any condition dmg on gear, thats still alot and worth using, especially since LB burst can crit which each tick and offers some "passive" (in terms of it lasting even after switching to axe again) healing from bufffood

for the might math I go with 25% boon duration (10 tactics, 2x monk) you can have alot more but we don't need that (30/0/0/10/30)

every 10 seconds we get 6 stacks of might for 25 seconds (battle + area blast) = 15 stacks average
every 25 seconds we get 3 stacks of might for 31 seconds (FGJ) = 4 stacks average
SoR = 4-5 average
1 might on each swap every 5-6 seconds for 13 seconds = 2 stacks

25 stacks average not 15 or 18
of course you will have a certain "build up time" (you need to swap at least 2 times to bow = ~15 seconds)
but once you have them rolling, they keep rolling

now lets consider things won't go as you want them to - its more around 20 stacks and maybe you don't want to switch to LB right away however, add random blast finisher from someone else or any other kind of might buffing from your group, then you are back to near max / max might stacks

and its alot easier to obtain than GS's might stacks (not to meniton that they last longer)

and you don't need to use LB burst over Axe burst, if you really want to, you could just swap right after using Axe burst, and do LB burst, because you just need 1 adrenaline bar for the LB burst - > area might combo

and you get that by traits (even more than 1 bar)

Edited by KrayZ33, 27 November 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#183 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DBVG]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

View PostKrayZ33, on 27 November 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

you have enough adrenaline to use both 3 stack LB burst and 3 stack Axe burst on Cooldown if you really want to
you don't need to have 3 stack for the LB burst though.

on a side note burning still deals around 450 dmg each tick even without any condition dmg on gear, thats still alot and worth using, especially since LB burst can crit which each tick and offers some "passive" (in terms of it lasting even after switching to axe again) healing from bufffood

for the might math I go with 25% boon duration (10 tactics, 2x monk) you can have alot more but we don't need that (30/0/0/10/30)

every 10 seconds we get 6 stacks of might for 25 seconds (battle + area blast) = 15 stacks average
every 25 seconds we get 3 stacks of might for 31 seconds (FGJ) = 4 stacks average
SoR = 4-5 average
1 might on each swap every 5-6 seconds for 13 seconds = 2 stacks

25 stacks average not 15 or 18
of course you will have a certain "build up time" (you need to swap at least 2 times to bow = ~15 seconds)
but once you have them rolling, they keep rolling

now lets consider things won't go as you want them to - its more around 20 stacks and maybe you don't want to switch to LB right away however, add random blast finisher from someone else or any other kind of might buffing from your group, then you are back to near max / max might stacks

and its alot easier to obtain than GS's might stacks (not to meniton that they last longer)

and you don't need to use LB burst ofer Axe burst, if you really want to, you could just swap right after using Axe burst, and do LB burst, because you just need 1 adrenaline bar for the LB burst - > area might combo

and you get that by traits (even more than 1 bar)
I didn't count boon duration for the blast/swap might, so my bad.
However when you make a build like this it would seemingly be a lot more viable to just run hammer and be a tanky blast combo AoE might supporter, you're already putting a lot into it, so why not go the whole way?

#184 Sithicus Dias

Sithicus Dias

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[TAC]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

View PostBrand, on 26 November 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

(Keep in mind, the more people granting might in a dungeon scenario, the less people who are using it effectively)

I don't know, I'd rather not get into a whole debate on my thread if Strife shows up or something, his build is certainly good if you want to use an axe, but I just don't see it out preforming Sonic Boon all in all.

Perhaps if you wanted, you could post a new thread for comparison of the two builds. I would surely post my piece there.

Firstly, your first comment, that isn't really true, it's really unlikely you'll have enough people in a team using Might for it to go to waste.

In addition to this, I think it's a bit gratuitous to just dismiss another build, when technically it's probably still pretty good. I remember you telling me how silly my idea for a Might Duration, Vigorous Shouts Greatsword build was ;)

#185 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostSithicus Dias, on 27 November 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

Firstly, your first comment, that isn't really true, it's really unlikely you'll have enough people in a team using Might for it to go to waste.

In addition to this, I think it's a bit gratuitous to just dismiss another build, when technically it's probably still pretty good. I remember you telling me how silly my idea for a Might Duration, Vigorous Shouts Greatsword build was ;)
WEll if you have 2 boon support guardians, chances are they are a bit gratuitous. Most boon support builds are played defensively, and even if everyone in your group has 25 stacks of might, if 4 of those people are defensive guardians, it isn't really helping a ton.

I'm not dismissing the build, as I said in the post just above, I had a mistake with the Boon duration. The build is very close to the defensive hammer/longbow variant, and the hammer variant would seem to be much better in terms of what the build is capable of.

#186 Sithicus Dias

Sithicus Dias

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostBrand, on 27 November 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

WEll if you have 2 boon support guardians, chances are they are a bit gratuitous. Most boon support builds are played defensively, and even if everyone in your group has 25 stacks of might, if 4 of those people are defensive guardians, it isn't really helping a ton.

That's true, but 4 Boon Guardians would pretty much never happen. Plus, even a more defensive character becomes a relative Powerhouse with 25 stacks of Might.

#187 Incitehavoc

Incitehavoc

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Not sure if everyone has noticed but Healing Surge now also gives ALL 3  bars of adrenaline, see thing this should put more weapon combinations into use such as LB, Axe, Rifle, Sword, or Hammer as their burst abilities are helpful to either the grp's dmg or CC.

You can use a burst ability and then use Healing Surge to regain health and all your adrenaline, though the heal will be less than normal, this way you will not waste the 12% dmg buff with full adrenaline.

#188 Sithicus Dias

Sithicus Dias

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostIncitehavoc, on 27 November 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

Not sure if everyone has noticed but Healing Surge now also gives ALL 3  bars of adrenaline, see thing this should put more weapon combinations into use such as LB, Axe, Rifle, Sword, or Hammer as their burst abilities are helpful to either the grp's dmg or CC.

You can use a burst ability and then use Healing Surge to regain health and all your adrenaline, though the heal will be less than normal, this way you will not waste the 12% dmg buff with full adrenaline.

True, but if you're going for an dual axe spec for example, there's a good chance you'll be speccing into Disc anyway, which has things like Inspiring Shouts which allows you to do a similar thing (3 shouts pretty much fills your adrenaline). But again, this build is tailored for the Greatsword. The runes/Sigils etc are chosen because of Forceful Greatsword and Rending Strikes. Using another weapon is kind of moot (except when you kind of have to use a ranged weapon).

#189 Incitehavoc

Incitehavoc

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostSithicus Dias, on 27 November 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

True, but if you're going for an dual axe spec for example, there's a good chance you'll be speccing into Disc anyway, which has things like Inspiring Shouts which allows you to do a similar thing (3 shouts pretty much fills your adrenaline). But again, this build is tailored for the Greatsword. The runes/Sigils etc are chosen because of Forceful Greatsword and Rending Strikes. Using another weapon is kind of moot (except when you kind of have to use a ranged weapon).

Yes I understand that, all i wanted to point out was that we can use this to our advantage.

For Example if you had GS/Rifle you could use the GS Burst in between auto-attacks to increase uptime of fury, or use Rifle burst for more dmg.

If you are using GS/LB you can sue the LB Burst skill to get the Combo Field Down.

The main reason I am pointing this out is because LB was looked down upon before this because of the fact that since we couldn't use the Burst skill of LB the overall dmg was significantly lowered, and also by the fact that if we used the Burst we would lose the 12% dmg buff for a considerable amount of time. But now since we can use burst abilities as long as they are timed correctly, the use of the GS/LB weapon combination in this spec becomes more Viable.

The reason I would use this is because even in PvE the ~2 sec root from the rifle burst is dangerous.

#190 KrayZ33

KrayZ33

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

However when you make a build like this it would seemingly be a lot more viable to just run hammer and be a tanky blast combo AoE might supporter, you're already putting a lot into it, so why not go the whole way?

because I'm *not* putting anything into it, I'm 100% dps, hammer won't help there

20/0/0/30/20 however is pretty much your build but with axe/mace + LB

LBs combo finisher alone could offer over 9 stacks of might for the group and anothe 6-9 from FGJ (full might duration runes of course)
Vuln. stacks from axe/mace
CC from mace 5
heal from shouts etc. etc

#191 Zerikin Loukbel

Zerikin Loukbel

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

I've been running a build almost identical to this. For traits I drop rending and pickup furious to build adrenaline quickly. This lets me build enough adrenaline to do a 20 pt burst skill every 10s when not using the GS. I chose knights for armor as well then went with ruby jewelry for more damage. Finally picking up runes of the solider for the amazing condition removal.

#192 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

View PostZerikin Loukbel, on 27 November 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

I've been running a build almost identical to this. For traits I drop rending and pickup furious to build adrenaline quickly. This lets me build enough adrenaline to do a 20 pt burst skill every 10s when not using the GS. I chose knights for armor as well then went with ruby jewelry for more damage. Finally picking up runes of the solider for the amazing condition removal.
So you have a trait that is wasted 50% of the time (And not better than Rending the other 50%), and defensive support runes in an offensive build?

Now, I'm not trying to be rude here or anything, but you've killed two of the major facets of this build :(

Rending Strikes gives us a 33% chance to apply Vulnerability on a Critical Hit. In conjunction with our Autoattack and "On My Mark!", this allows us to stack some crazy Vulnerability (Which benefits the whole team and is a type of support). When you take that trait away, the amount of Vulnerability we are applying goes down considerably, and frankly having a trait that makes building Adrenaline easier is worthless to us. We do not use our adrenaline, and if you do you are sacrificing your 9k heal and 12% damage. It's just not worth it.

As for the Soldier's runes, it's actually gotten really exhausting explaining to people why this isn't optimal D: I put it in the questions section of the build, and comments on the subject are littered throughout this thread. First of all, Soldier's runes are great, but not for us. This build is an offensive support build, when you throw in something like Soldier's runes you are not only hurting your potential, but you are wasting resources and could be hurting your team.

How are you hurting your team? Well it's actually pretty simple. You see, when you run this build, you simply haven't put enough points into support to be "the supporter". Ergo a Guardian or another Warrior might take that role.

When the Guardian comes into play, two things happen:
1) Guardians convert conditions into boons, and then those boons heal their allies. If you are removing 4 conditions every 20 seconds, you are hurting that Guardians potential (As well as your own)
2) You are both removing a ton of conditions. One of you is then going to end up wasting a ton of condition removal.

With a Warrior, only number two happens.

It's a damn good idea to have a serious supporter in your group, and you're not that person. By taking Soldier's runes you are just going to step on the toes of other people in your group who can remove conditions better than you and are built around that fact. It's like using having a Bleed Warrior, and then a Sword/Shield defensive Warrior. Defensive guy is getting as bit more damage by using Sword over mace, but he is wasting his own build's potential and hurting the potential of the Bleed Warrior.

This all isn't even taking into account the fact that the runes in Sonic Boon are needed for the build to function properly. They increase boon and Might duration, allowing us to get a nigh constant 25 stacks of Might. Take these runes away and you will be destroying your damage with this build. When you take those runes away you might as well drop the 30 in Arms and the Greatsword, and pick up Mace/Shield and 30 in Defense. The Monk, Water, and Fire runes are the entire reason why this build works.

Your build works, it just isn't optimal for you or your team. If you want to use Soldier's runes, pick up all your defenses and be your team's supporter. If you don't want to be the official supporter, then use Sonic Boon.

Honestly your build and many like it have been compared to Sonic Boon and they all fall short. The only variation that is acceptable thus far is putting 20 in Strength for Slashing Power, and that is ONLY better if you team has absolutely no bleeds.

Thanks for posting and I hope this shed some light on the subject for you. Please remember that nothing here is said as a personal attack against you, it's just discussion.

#193 zp3dd4

zp3dd4

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

Your discussion definitely has warrant in dungeon runs where you want to maximize damage while providing sufficient support to stay alive. However in WvW it's completely different, in most zerg fights you'll get hit by random conditions and most likely there won't be someone to remove them as a immediate response. This is where soldier runes are incredibly important by providing you 3-4 different ways to remove multiple conditions (incl. mending or mobile strikes) to remove bleeds, immobilizes, poison etc. I have found that by being able to keep as many conditions away I was much more effective. I've posted a skeleton build discussion in the other Warrior PvP section.

#194 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

Considering this is a PvE/Dungeon build, and he said nothing about his post being WvW specific, I assume he meant for PvE (AS many do). I don't play WvW nor does my argument have any merit on the subject.

#195 Sithicus Dias

Sithicus Dias

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostBrand, on 28 November 2012 - 04:40 AM, said:

Considering this is a PvE/Dungeon build, and he said nothing about his post being WvW specific, I assume he meant for PvE (AS many do). I don't play WvW nor does my argument have any merit on the subject.

Exactly. I wonder if it's worth putting a note right at the start of the OP emphasizing the Paradigm of the build, for example, this IS a Greatsword build, and it is tailored for DUNGEONS, broadly speaking. A lot of people keep saying "oh you could switch this trait and use an axe" as an example, which isn't really true, since this build works from very unique traits (there is no equivalent for Forceful Greatsword) and gear combinations (i.e. Runes for Might duration). It's a shame that some of the comments on this post have to be speculative about other weapons, when it's largely pointless to do so.

#196 Zerikin Loukbel

Zerikin Loukbel

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostBrand, on 28 November 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

snip

Running the numbers again on rending vs deep cuts rending is definitely better in a dungeon setting. While solo, deep cuts would give you better DPS assuming the target lives long enough for the bleed to effect it. According to the wiki the duration on rending is 7s, was it buffed at some point I don't remember it being that long in beta? I'll definitely be switch back to rending.

Running the numbers your might runes should give you about 6 more average stacks of might then I get accounting for a DPS increase of about 9% plus a bit more damage on proc bleeds. In the groups I run with I think the solider runes extra condition removal are a good trade. I typically run with another warrior as well and frequently hit 25 stacks of might even without the extra duration.

Regrading your guardian example wouldn't they also typically run their trait to give might to the whole group on crit hitting the stack cap much sooner and making some of your extra duration wasted?

You should consider running empower allies instead of empowered. If you keep 4 boons up empowered is only about 2% less DPS for you but adds about 3% to the entire party. If you can keep it on at least one other person its equal and at 3 its better for group DPS.

#197 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostZerikin Loukbel, on 28 November 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

Running the numbers again on rending vs deep cuts rending is definitely better in a dungeon setting. While solo, deep cuts would give you better DPS assuming the target lives long enough for the bleed to effect it. According to the wiki the duration on rending is 7s, was it buffed at some point I don't remember it being that long in beta? I'll definitely be switch back to rending.

Running the numbers your might runes should give you about 6 more average stacks of might then I get accounting for a DPS increase of about 9% plus a bit more damage on proc bleeds. In the groups I run with I think the solider runes extra condition removal are a good trade. I typically run with another warrior as well and frequently hit 25 stacks of might even without the extra duration.

Regrading your guardian example wouldn't they also typically run their trait to give might to the whole group on crit hitting the stack cap much sooner and making some of your extra duration wasted?

You should consider running empower allies instead of empowered. If you keep 4 boons up empowered is only about 2% less DPS for you but adds about 3% to the entire party. If you can keep it on at least one other person its equal and at 3 its better for group DPS.
The discussion was not Rending Strikes vs Deep Cuts, it was Rending Strikes vs Furious. Rending and Deep Cuts are both exceptionally better than Furious in this build.
I did some quick tests and found I was at 13-15 with boosts of about 20 after a 100B, We'll pretend 100B is 50% uptime (It certainly isnt) to make this easy. Average comes out to be 17, which is 8 less. If you want to get really technical, you only have 20 about a third of the time, maybe less (Because the stacks fall off so quickly) and you'd have even less average stacks.
O.o A support Guardian taking a trait that gives allies Might for 5 seconds when they crit? They would barely have any, if any at all, Precision. The trait would be useless. Other traits in the line are CERTAINLY much much better for a support Guardian.
I'll have to get some tests on this (But seeing as Lilitu said Empowered was better, and he's the champion of +Power, I don't see it being better). You have to remember that Empowered will increase exponentially with your damage, whereas Empower Allies is a static 70 Power that decreases in efficiency the more damage you have. So if I have 25 stacks of might and all this damage, 4.5% (Which is the number we will get solo, using only SoR and FGJ) is a huge boost in damage. 70 power remains the same always and doesn't scale, which decreases it's effectiveness at high power. Not to mention if you have a Support character, the 70 power does almost nothing for them, and the more boons you have (You can get all of them consistently from a Guardian) the more damage you have, up to 22.% extra damage.

#198 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

View PostSithicus Dias, on 28 November 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Exactly. I wonder if it's worth putting a note right at the start of the OP emphasizing the Paradigm of the build, for example, this IS a Greatsword build, and it is tailored for DUNGEONS, broadly speaking. A lot of people keep saying "oh you could switch this trait and use an axe" as an example, which isn't really true, since this build works from very unique traits (there is no equivalent for Forceful Greatsword) and gear combinations (i.e. Runes for Might duration). It's a shame that some of the comments on this post have to be speculative about other weapons, when it's largely pointless to do so.
Well I've already put notes on some things in the questions section and people still ask about them xD
Dunno if I want to dirty up my beautiful build post by putting PVE in huge font at the top. I could put it in the header, but that would be more headache than it's worth, I think. Considering some people are calling the build Sonic Boom instead of Sonic Boon =.= I wonder if all my hard work on those graphics is even appreciated T^T

I also wonder how many people actually read the build rather than just look at the build page and post a comment without really getting to know the build.

Edited by Brand, 28 November 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#199 Sithicus Dias

Sithicus Dias

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostBrand, on 28 November 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

Considering some people are calling the build Sonic Boom instead of Sonic Boon

You MUST have seen that coming ;)

#200 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

View PostSithicus Dias, on 28 November 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

You MUST have seen that coming ;)
I did D: But come on! It's in big flashy letters at the top of the thread! (Big flashy letters that I worked very hard on >.>)

Also, what is your opinion on this Empowered vs EA debate, I've seen your posts in some others but I can't remember how recent those were.
Brb pizza

Whoa! Thread just got hot status :o
Thanks all who use the build and support it! ^^

Edited by Brand, 28 November 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#201 easycompany68

easycompany68

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Hi, i just joined GW2GURU and im new to mmo's...this is my first MMO or PC game ever so its been fun, exciting and overwhelming at times.lol

Ive run warrior since day one..started with "glass connon" then switched to the opposite..all tough vit healing..shoults heal and shouts remove condition..basicaly no damage but really really support build..

its been fun but i think i'll give this a shot to be more balanced.

anyways, to my question.

I noticed you said to put sigil of strenght in GS and bloodlust in rifle.  I had done something like that early on but i realized you can only be stacking one bonus..am i wrong?

so if i kill somthing with the riffle then only the bloodlust sigil will be stacking...if I then kill something with the GS and didn't tag it with the rifle, i get nothing...no stacking.

are you able to stack 2 different sigils bonuses at the same time?

#202 Sithicus Dias

Sithicus Dias

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

View Posteasycompany68, on 28 November 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

I'm afraid not :(

View PostBrand, on 28 November 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

Also, what is your opinion on this Empowered vs EA debate, I've seen your posts in some others but I can't remember how recent those were.

With this, I think it's Empowered > EA, simply because Empowered gives you a Percentage damage boost, and on a very powerful HB, that's a big damage boost. Naturally Empowered comes from each boon, and since this build provides a lot of boons, it's almost self explanatory. EA effectively give the team 2 stacks of "Phantom" Might (in that it's 2x Might worth of Power, but no condition damage). So i'm inclined to think even providing 2 stacks of might to allies is not worth losing your own damage bonus.

#203 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

View Posteasycompany68, on 28 November 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

so if i kill somthing with the riffle then only the bloodlust sigil will be stacking...if I then kill something with the GS and didn't tag it with the rifle, i get nothing...no stacking.

View PostSithicus Dias, on 28 November 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

I'm afraid not :(
Well, it's hard to see what you mean here. With a Sigil like Sigil of Bloodlust, you have to tag an enemy with it to get the stack. The stack WILL stay on you if you switch weapons, they only get removed if you go down. So you can tag them with the rifle, get the kill and a stack while using your GS for the Sigil of Strength. You CANNOT, however, use for example two Sigils of Bloodlust (Well, you can, but the stacks will only go up to 25, so it's pointless and one of the sigils is wasted)

#204 Sithicus Dias

Sithicus Dias

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

View PostBrand, on 29 November 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

Well, it's hard to see what you mean here. With a Sigil like Sigil of Bloodlust, you have to tag an enemy with it to get the stack. The stack WILL stay on you if you switch weapons, they only get removed if you go down. So you can tag them with the rifle, get the kill and a stack while using your GS for the Sigil of Strength. You CANNOT, however, use for example two Sigils of Bloodlust (Well, you can, but the stacks will only go up to 25, so it's pointless and one of the sigils is wasted)

I got the impression that the poster was essentially saying, can I (for example) get 25 stacks of +10 Power, while also getting 25 stacks of +10 Healing Power, and unless that's changed very recently, you cannot stack up two separate "On Kill" sigil stat bonuses.

#205 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Well he asked if you are able to get two different sigil bonuses at the same time, which is a yes. He specifically referred to Strength and Bloodlust (A non-stacking and a stacking) and asked if they work together. So idk.

#206 Bael Darkfist

Bael Darkfist

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PFI]

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

I'd rather have this stay named Sonic Boon. Sonic Boom sounds generic and stupid, oh, and you won't be able to ask the question.

"Want to go Booning with me? I have the Sonic damage with me."

#207 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

View PostBael Darkfist, on 29 November 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

I'd rather have this stay named Sonic Boon. Sonic Boom sounds generic and stupid, oh, and you won't be able to ask the question.

"Want to go Booning with me? I have the Sonic damage with me."
:P No worries, it is going to stay Sonic Boon. Some people were calling it Sonic Boom in another thread though T^T

#208 Siroso

Siroso

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PiNK]

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Somebody described their build to me as "Sonic Broom" today... I'm hoping it was a one off typo!

#209 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

View PostSiroso, on 29 November 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

Somebody described their build to me as "Sonic Broom" today... I'm hoping it was a one off typo!
*dies*

After a while I'm going to have to clean out the thread again haha.
Which reminds me, anyone following the thread who has made a post, please come in and edit your post to be pure information/question. Hide any posts you don't think are needed.

We can have fun talk on the last few pages, but I'd like people who come and read the build to get some nice information from the first 2 or 3 pages, rather than have to sift through all the comments.

Thanks! (PM me if you want to edit your post to help out but don't know what parts you should take out, I'll help you help me :)

Times like this I wish I had complete control over the thread :(

Edited by Brand, 29 November 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#210 Silvard

Silvard

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

I've been further planning for this build in high level fractals, but I've been looking over the recommended gear and I have to ask: how much of this build's effectiveness hinges upon that exact combination?

The reason is that as you know progressing further up in difficulty in fractals, which is what could be argued is the prime and most demanding PvE/dungeon content ( which happens to be the scope of this build), requires using ascended gear. That gear does not exist with the combinations that the spreadsheet have. For instance, there are no healing backpieces, and the only ascended rings with healing (very minor, at that) have other undesired stats (condition damage). I can see no way to preserve the suggest stat make up with the current ascended backpieces, and high level fractal players have no choice but to use them anyway.

What do you think? How viable does this build remain in that case and what changes to suggested gear should be made in light of the ascended pieces' stat distribution?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users