Team Legacy

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 560 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[TL]
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

Team Legacy and the rest of IoJ had A LOT of fun tonight in SoR borderlands.

A small amount of us took and held Redvale for like 10-30 minutes with siege till we got trebbed. Then we ninja took Ascension bay with catapults and one mesmer. It didn't take long before SoS & SoR wanted to take it back... We were out numbered but we held onto it by people running back after dying.

Then TL's official raid started. We took plenty of camps & towers, but the most fun was back at Ascension bay when we held off both SoS & SoR at the same time. They build superior arrow carts and ballistas but they can not break us. They tried to portal bomb, but we were ready for them. We then portal bombed them and it was "Blender vs Blender", we wiped everyone out and made everyone leave the bay. A great victory for IoJ tonight!

Team Legacy is getting ready to fight!
Posted Image

The battle begins....

Spoiler

Another epic night of WvW, this is why I play Guild Wars 2!

^_^ Thanks for the fights IoJ, SoS, and SoR!

Edit: I'm heading to work, but Freelancer and the rest of TL & IoJ are still out in SoR BL!

Posted Image

Edited by Voison, 15 November 2012 - 04:06 AM.

[TL] Voison ~ 내 원수,에 대한 경례
Voison ~ Asura ~ 80 ~ Warrior ~
picture

#152 Taram

Taram

Asuran Acolyte

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

View PostVoison, on 15 November 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:

Team Legacy and the rest of IoJ had A LOT of fun tonight in SoR borderlands.

How do you know the rest of IoJ had fun?  Did you go to other borderlands and get a census?  Did you conduct a server wide poll?  If so, are they happy being in 3rd place for a 2nd week in a row?  What is the percentage breakdown?

#153 Arctix

Arctix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

View PostTaram, on 15 November 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

How do you know the rest of IoJ had fun?  Did you go to other borderlands and get a census?  Did you conduct a server wide poll?  If so, are they happy being in 3rd place for a 2nd week in a row?  What is the percentage breakdown?

He meant the rest of IoJ in the Borderlands that we were in, because it's obvious that nobody else was out on any of the other maps during that time. IoJ going into third place isn't Earth shattering to us. What some people don't understand is that the W3 system itself is flawed. Every server that has stacked guilds will eventually crumble, guilds will transfer off to different servers to avoid queues, etc..

What's important, is that when you log on and do things with your guild that yourself and your guild are having fun, especially if you're doing W3 and the map you're on is now gaining ground. IoJ was never a fierce W3 server. We got into T1 because other guilds transferred off of the T1/T2 servers, but did we get roflstomped during that match? No. We were dominating for the majority of the match, but we were never a T1 server. Things are changing like crazy on IoJ, right now the server is more pve oriented, but hopefully as we get the word out that we're looking for more guilds to fill in some early NA, Oceanic, and European time slots, we'll further expand our Community and keep things as interesting as we can.

Until then however, I look forward to seeing each and every one of you out on the battlefield.

#154 Taram

Taram

Asuran Acolyte

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostArctix, on 15 November 2012 - 07:16 AM, said:

He meant the rest of IoJ in the Borderlands that we were in, because it's obvious that nobody else was out on any of the other maps during that time. IoJ going into third place isn't Earth shattering to us. What some people don't understand is that the W3 system itself is flawed. Every server that has stacked guilds will eventually crumble, guilds will transfer off to different servers to avoid queues, etc..

What's important, is that when you log on and do things with your guild that yourself and your guild are having fun, especially if you're doing W3 and the map you're on is now gaining ground. IoJ was never a fierce W3 server. We got into T1 because other guilds transferred off of the T1/T2 servers, but did we get roflstomped during that match? No. We were dominating for the majority of the match, but we were never a T1 server. Things are changing like crazy on IoJ, right now the server is more pve oriented, but hopefully as we get the word out that we're looking for more guilds to fill in some early NA, Oceanic, and European time slots, we'll further expand our Community and keep things as interesting as we can.

Until then however, I look forward to seeing each and every one of you out on the battlefield.

Man, I understand how that goes.  I just have an issue with TL's PR department and "community building" attempts.  I mean, they already screwed that up on 2 servers.  IoJ will probably be next when they drop to T3.  I just hope they don't bandwagon on SoS and go for JQ or SBI instead.

#155 derek1240

derek1240

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

View PostTaram, on 15 November 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

Man, I understand how that goes.  I just have an issue with TL's PR department and "community building" attempts.  I mean, they already screwed that up on 2 servers.  IoJ will probably be next when they drop to T3.  I just hope they don't bandwagon on SoS and go for JQ or SBI instead.
Guys you should cut TL a break seriously. If you are on IOJ then you should be glad that they are on your server and in there fighting. Im on SOS and honestly the only time i find things get interesting in SOR borderlands this week was when TL was rolling there.

#156 Mif

Mif

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

View PostTaram, on 15 November 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

Posted Image

#157 Heidnik

Heidnik

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TEST]

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

View PostArctix, on 15 November 2012 - 07:16 AM, said:

He meant the rest of IoJ in the Borderlands that we were in, because it's obvious that nobody else was out on any of the other maps during that time.

Hey now! We had a full map on IoJ BL and managed to push for our entire side + the bay =P Check your facts good sir! We had some epic fights going in IoJ BL against SoR =)

#158 Lalnuir

Lalnuir

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hey IoJ hope you guys don't miss all those golems! Next time you are spotted porting 10+ golems to garrison water gate maybe you should port them back out when your front line gets pushed because most of our players wp'd back before you even contested the keep?

Ah good fun in sor bl.

#159 Trish

Trish

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

View Postderek1240, on 15 November 2012 - 08:02 AM, said:

Guys you should cut TL a break seriously. If you are on IOJ then you should be glad that they are on your server and in there fighting. Im on SOS and honestly the only time i find things get interesting in SOR borderlands this week was when TL was rolling there.
I don't know. I would dread having TL on my server.    The bravado is pretty silly.    I'm glad they had fun and all.   But holding 1 keep for a couple hours is a victory?  why is the least important guild on the server the loudest?
Its pretty toxic to the server to have them making silly posts like this, when they are a complete nonfactor in the scoreboard.

#160 PvPD00R

PvPD00R

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Just watched FreeLancers Video. Pretty funny to watch.

First he talks about stomping the SoR guilds one night, and how they are gonna stomp SoS guilds the current night, then he gets ganked by a rogue. Then they take an un-upgraded tower. At some point he shows the map and they have 6 or 7 objectives. He comments on running with 80 TL. (Don't think that is a zerg tho!)

TL does pretty good at Staying in a tight Ball and running their AEs, but that isn't much of a Strategy, from what I have seen. However, they seem to get rolled in Open field, by what looks to be equal numbers. Hell if they are running 80, it would be pretty hard to run more than that.

By the end of the video, IoJ has 1 objective, lost Bay, and it was called a successful raid.

I am curious what it would take to be an unsuccessful raid......maybe SoS coming through their homeworld portal and wrecking havoc in their PvE lands?

#161 McNasty

McNasty

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[BP]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostPvPD00R, on 15 November 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

By the end of the video, IoJ has 1 objective, lost Bay, and it was called a successful raid.

I am curious what it would take to be an unsuccessful raid......maybe SoS coming through their homeworld portal and wrecking havoc in their PvE lands?

Most fun I've had in WvW in quite a while. This is what defines a successful raid for me. If it isn't fun for you, why even play?

#162 PvPD00R

PvPD00R

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

View PostMcNasty, on 15 November 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Most fun I've had in WvW in quite a while. This is what defines a successful raid for me. If it isn't fun for you, why even play?

Touche.

You are correct, fun does make a successful raid.

My bad.

#163 Arctix

Arctix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostHeidnik, on 15 November 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

Hey now! We had a full map on IoJ BL and managed to push for our entire side + the bay =P Check your facts good sir! We had some epic fights going in IoJ BL against SoR =)

Were you guys on last night? I didn't mean to discredit anyone from IoJ, I meant from a Map perspective, that most of the time, the map that is succeeding is the map that we all are usually on during a raid time. Ideally if people could be on every map and delegate things the way we do it after reset every day, that'd be nice, similar to how we handled T1.

I know that when BP is on a map they also conquer, just like TEST, and there are guilds like Murda, Inc. and AoJ that are always pushing in EB.

#164 MikeSr

MikeSr

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostArctix, on 15 November 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

Were you guys on last night?......

Maybe they have a different "raid time" than your guild.

#165 Arctix

Arctix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

View PostMikeSr, on 15 November 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

Maybe they have a different "raid time" than your guild.

Possibly.

I was asking as to not discredit TEST's raid. The map I was looking at was different than the raid described. I personally, would like to coordinate the larger guilds on IoJ more frequently during NA coverage. I think that will help us out a lot, but again, I still enjoy myself when I logon and do stuff on my own in EB or go through a joint raid with Team Legacy.

#166 Heidnik

Heidnik

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TEST]

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

Yep, though we didnt have the mass numbers last night, the IoJ community came together on IoJ BL and for some ungodly reason started listening to me! Ask around about how SoR hates my Chipotle!

I just wanted to give Arctix shit =P No actual disrespect felt!

Now *er, check the map!

p.s. FOR THE BURRITO!

Edited by Heidnik, 15 November 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#167 Voison

Voison

Team Legacy

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

View PostTrish, on 15 November 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

I'm glad they had fun and all.   But holding 1 keep for a couple hours is a victory?  

We had the out man buff for most of the night. When you are out manned facing both servers in full force, its not easy to take another keep or tower while trying to keep what you already have. Honestly, we tried to leave the bay but as soon as we started to walk away SoS or SoR would come back in and we had to push you all back. :P

I can't speak for all of TL or IoJ, but last night was pretty fun and don't see why people would complain about it lol.. I'm sure we all play GW2/WvW to have fun. If that is not fun for you, then I'm not sure what your doing in WvW then. :P
picture

#168 Lalnuir

Lalnuir

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

So one of you claims you had a raid of 80 and the other claims you have the out manned buff for most of the night o.O? Not sure how that works

#169 Voison

Voison

Team Legacy

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

View PostLalnuir, on 16 November 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

So one of you claims you had a raid of 80 and the other claims you have the out manned buff for most of the night o.O? Not sure how that works

80 people in a BL is still out manned. I saw only a few non TL in SoR BL last night, a good majority of IoJ was in IoJ BL last night.
picture

#170 Lalnuir

Lalnuir

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostVoison, on 16 November 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

80 people in a BL is still out manned. I saw only a few non TL in SoR BL last night, a good majority of IoJ was in IoJ BL last night.

Does anyone know the actually ratio you have to be out manned by before you get the buff? You certainly don't get it if you are only out manned by a couple of people. Even being at 2:1 odds doesn't seem to get the buff up in my experience but it's hard to test with people being all over the place.

#171 Freelancer

Freelancer

Team Legacy

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 641 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

View PostPvPD00R, on 15 November 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

Just watched FreeLancers Video. Pretty funny to watch.

First he talks about stomping the SoR guilds one night, and how they are gonna stomp SoS guilds the current night, then he gets ganked by a rogue. Then they take an un-upgraded tower. At some point he shows the map and they have 6 or 7 objectives. He comments on running with 80 TL. (Don't think that is a zerg tho!)

TL does pretty good at Staying in a tight Ball and running their AEs, but that isn't much of a Strategy, from what I have seen. However, they seem to get rolled in Open field, by what looks to be equal numbers. Hell if they are running 80, it would be pretty hard to run more than that.

First, the title of the video is " .. Testing new build" and if you had paid attention many TL had the outmanned buff the entire night. Why sometimes certain groups of players get it and others dont is beyond me. I know it only popped on me twice but dissapeared soon after. Id love to know the variables involved in it honestly.

Second, you cant selectively ignore that both SoR and SoS were focusing us at the keep. Were not complaining though, it happens and certainly makes battles twice as epic. I would have likely done the same if i saw the opening.

Lastly, a "successful" raid for TL and many IoJ consists of the following:
-Were laughs heard?
-Did we try something new?
-Did we add data to our spreadsheets?
-When/if we wiped, do we specifically know why?
-Did we assign our science team to research a fix?
-Did we troll a TL member?
-Did we troll Arctx?
-etc

We have a list of goals for two scenarios, when we are competitively matched and have a shot as a server to take 2nd/1st, and tge weeks when due to population issues off-hour or just general "candy corn" mentality we have to make the best of it. The latter usually involves trying new metas, meeting and establishing new relations in the server, and gathering information on what is working and not working with both us and enemies.

We are just one WvW guild in the midsts of other great names on IoJ. Sadly while i feel IoJ has the regular population, the server seems more attuned to PvE content. So while there are times IoJ WvW is a ghost town it doesnt mean we give up WvW and improving efficiency.

Thats why you see on the video how excited we get when we see Tsym or Atac. They bring fresh and interesting new tactics to the scene that we dont see from others often. Its a nice fresh change from the zerg guilds.

Nuff rambling. More killing.

Btw Arctx is recruiting for Lost Shores. His women aernt as hot as TLs but theyre gamer girls nontheless :P

Edited by Freelancer, 16 November 2012 - 04:56 AM.

ArenaJunkies Editor || www.twitch.tv/fr3elancer Streamer || Tales Of Tyria Co-Host

#172 Jacbo

Jacbo

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[RUN]

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

View PostFreelancer, on 16 November 2012 - 04:54 AM, said:

Btw Arctx is recruiting for Lost Shores. His women aernt as hot as TLs but theyre gamer girls nontheless :P

Wait.... Arctix isn't a chick? (S)he lied to me...

#173 Arctix

Arctix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

LOL

Only on the weekends...besides REAL men wear skirts in pvp...

In all seriousness though, Freelancer and I have made attempts at explaining what is/isn't important when leading a raid for your guild. I doubt there is a single member in Team Legacy that isn't enjoying him/herself during raid time.

At this point, wasting the entirety of a Raid against a door/keep/tower/ isn't productive or considered an accomplishment. This is going to be the third week we've been fighting SoS and SoR, and if we're at such a deficit point wise like we have been, fighting to gain top PPT during the raid on structures that we know we're going to lose because of coverage gaps becomes irrelevant. If there happens to be good opposition (i.e. PRX/Tac Sym) on the map, then investing our time in setting up a fight between servers at a focal point or pitting the groups against each other in 5-10 minute fights is where we get our kicks off.

If you watch the stream, nobody is serious, nobody's screaming or yelling at each other...unless of course Maven doesn't get to the Sally as fast as he should, or Freelancy charges too much for his Jumping Puzzle portal...as if it costs more since you're being streamed...

The point is, we're having a blast, trying new and different ideas, and not wasting our time trying to control things that are out of our capacity to hold. Our server is called Isle of Janthir, not Team Legacy. Team Legacy does what it can to involve the smaller guilds on Isle of Janthir in WvW; It's hard to see being that most of you who don't understand our situation are on SoS / SoR, but IoJ wouldn't be able to survive what little it is without the smaller guilds that consist of the majority of it's Puggles. Because the W3 system IS flawed, we've been in the same match against a server that should be in T1,. IoJ, with it's recent big guild losses (VoTF, TKG, SC, etc.) has been trying it's hardest to keep what we own. It's not a blowout, the entire map isn't a certain color, and these smaller guilds still have something to do when the log on.

The fact that when we DO raid, we are capable of instigating several fights by claiming a supply camp near a spawn when the opposing server to the spawn owns a keep in that borderland and for fun we sit back and literally watch the two servers fight. We must have done this three or four times already, and while the results aren't Earth-shattering for IoJ's points, we are having a blast mitigating the opposition, and finding out new ways to enjoy GW2. It's not all about the points, and if you're still thinking in such an antiquated way, you might want to consider a different game.

Additionally, I had to ask Freelancer to be more cautious on his stream because every Sunday-Thursday he keeps offering the entire IoJ server a portal at all the different jumping puzzles and people were catching on and starting to camp the chest/vault area.

#174 Voison

Voison

Team Legacy

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostArctix, on 16 November 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

I doubt there is a single member in Team Legacy that isn't enjoying him/herself during raid time.

I had fun once... It was awful.
picture

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users