• Curse Sites
Help
* - - - - 1 votes

I'm just gonna leave this here. Share your thoughts.

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Symbiont

Symbiont

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2710 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NULL]

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

View Postshiko, on 15 November 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

Once again please read the comment before you post, as I have stated this is what everyone in the thread has been talking about, I did not give any input and I'm not trying to make a dev agree with me. These are the things people are arguing about in this thread.

Did you take the "SPvP vs WvWvW - Is the shortbow good in both? Yes. Is the Rifle good in both? No." part as a comment or as part of the arguement? Because that's what people are talking about besides backstab, and the viability in PvP.

your sum-up is still inaccurate to be putting; "Disagrees with J.Sharp's comment" and "Agrees with J.Sharp's comment" in there.
since j.sharp hasn't compared backstab with ks anywhere, i have seen it nowhere, where is your source?

if you left out j.sharp, the sum-up is fine. but now you've just mixing up peoples comments and put an arenanet dev's name on there out of context. it's misleading.

Edited by Symbiont, 15 November 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#62 shiko

shiko

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostSymbiont, on 15 November 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

your sum-up is still inaccurate to be putting; "Disagrees with J.Sharp's comment" and "Agrees with J.Sharp's comment" in there.
since j.sharp hasn't compared backstab with ks anywhere, i have seen it nowhere, where is your source?

if you left out j.sharp, the sum-up is fine. but now you've just mixing up peoples comments and put an arenanet dev's name on there out of context. it's misleading.

What I stated:
Pro-thief / anti-warrior - GC warriors kill shots do too much damage. Thief Backstab doesn't do nearly as much. Cluster bomb arcs too much. Disagrees with J.Sharp's comment, some thinks the opposite.
Pro-warrior / anti-thief - KS is situational and requires the right environment. No mobility / escape if anything happens. Agrees with J.Sharp's comment.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Among the people whom are either pro-thief or anti-warrior thinks:
-Class cannon warrior's kill shots do too much damage. (Check)
-Thief Backstab doesn't do nearly as much. (Check)
-The pro-thief/anti-warrior doesn't think the warrior rifles are underwhelming. (Check) {Post #6} An example is Oryx's post on the first page where he is asking someone that they are okay with a 13-20k kill shot, and that it's strong in WvWvW because it the windup cannot be seen. [People think that a rifle with the ability to do a massive burst hit like that does not make it underwhelming, thus making it not underwhelming.]
Or {Post #24} (Word for word from Featherman) "He'd still be susceptible to ranged attacks and the ever ubiquitous cripples, immobilizes, pulls, freezes etc present in the WvW environment. He basically has to book it at the sight of danger rather than hide and possibly counterattack like a good thief could. Leap and Rush keep you locked in place when immobilized too. It's a very limited playstyle and requires so much support."

Among the people whom are either pro-warrior or anti-thief thinks:
-KS is situational. (Check)
-With a rifle and a glass cannot build, if someone gets on you, your chances of survival are slim to none. (Check)
-The people whom are either pro-warrior or anti-thief thinks that the statement is indeed true, that rifles are underwhelming and that shortbow/daggers are OP. (Check) {Post#40} As GC spec, and in this case, a Rifle warrior build solely towards rifle damage and building up to a powerful killshot is super squishy with a very limit/no escape kit, while thiefs, although shorter range, can do their damage and get out even if they were caught while trying to deal the damage.

Are you trying to mash my comment with 3 separate periods into a single sentence? Because if you read it, it shows all three of them separately, and it practically says there are people whom agree and disagree with the comment.

#63 Symbiont

Symbiont

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2710 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

View Postshiko, on 15 November 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

-snip-
Are you trying to mash my comment with 3 separate periods into a single sentence? Because if you read it, it shows all three of them separately, and it practically says there are people whom agree and disagree with the comment.

so you're saying what i write down here may as well be the same.

Pro-thief / anti-warrior - GC warriors kill shots do too much damage. Thief Backstab doesn't do nearly as much. Cluster bomb arcs too much. Agrees with J.Sharp's comment.
Pro-warrior / anti-thief - KS is situational and requires the right environment. No mobility / escape if anything happens. Disagrees with J.Sharp's comment, some thinks the opposite.

#64 shiko

shiko

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

View PostSymbiont, on 15 November 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

so you're saying what i write down here may as well be the same.

Pro-thief / anti-warrior - GC warriors kill shots do too much damage. Thief Backstab doesn't do nearly as much. Cluster bomb arcs too much. Agrees with J.Sharp's comment.
Pro-warrior / anti-thief - KS is situational and requires the right environment. No mobility / escape if anything happens. Disagrees with J.Sharp's comment, some thinks the opposite.

Not really, because why would someone for the thief or against the warrior agree with the statement that J.Sharp made? If that were the case, they would be on the Pro-warrior / anti-thief side. Practically, if they are anti-warrior, they would look for the nerf of the rifle, or else they would leave it as it is, essentially not wanting it to be a buffed, while the pro-thief would look for 0 nerf changes to the SB/Daggers.

That part of the comment is essentially Pro-thief / Anti warriors on this thread: Thinks ..., ..., and agrees with the comment based off of their statement.

While the opposite disagrees because of ..., ..., etc.

#65 Symbiont

Symbiont

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2710 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

View Postshiko, on 16 November 2012 - 04:39 AM, said:

Not really, because why would someone for the thief or against the warrior agree with the statement that J.Sharp made? If that were the case, they would be on the Pro-warrior / anti-thief side. Practically, if they are anti-warrior, they would look for the nerf of the rifle, or else they would leave it as it is, essentially not wanting it to be a buffed, while the pro-thief would look for 0 nerf changes to the SB/Daggers.

That part of the comment is essentially Pro-thief / Anti warriors on this thread: Thinks ..., ..., and agrees with the comment based off of their statement.

While the opposite disagrees because of ..., ..., etc.

what do you mean with "not really"? hey, you where trying to argue about semantics in the first place, not me.
anyhow, the update is here, so no use in arguing with you about this any more.

#66 ivonbeton

ivonbeton

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

Haha, why am I even playing a thief? I could have twice to 10 times the damage but on top of that a lot more survivability as a warrior? I'M GOING IN GUYS

One would expect the squishy class to be atleast good at ranged combat. Guess again.

Edited by ivonbeton, 16 November 2012 - 10:32 AM.

#67 tangoesp

tangoesp

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

For god sake you can't compare a glass cannon warrior survavility against a thief survavility. The thief can just *phew* im out of here. If you manage to engage the warrior or troll him reflecting his shot he is dead.

#68 ivonbeton

ivonbeton

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

View Posttangoesp, on 16 November 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

For god sake you can't compare a glass cannon warrior survavility against a thief survavility. The thief can just *phew* im out of here. If you manage to engage the warrior or troll him reflecting his shot he is dead.

Ick, no one refers to escaping with stealth when saying 'survivability'. Anyways I get hit way more during stealth than not. Only real stealth is shadow refuge, the others barely last. You know how much my SB or pistol crits? I won't even say it here because I'm embarressed about it. Yet my D/D damage is through the roof (eventhough it's pretty standard for a warrior :P).

#69 SpelignErrir

SpelignErrir

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

This requires you to prepare and to not be in the heat of battle. The guy probably has the toughness of an elementalist. He can snipe, but if he's targeted the most he can do is run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users