#1 Moon Electric

Moon Electric

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

I've been thinking of how it might be possible to incorporate more than 5 players into the current style of Guild Wars 2 dungeons and came up with the following:

- 3 groups of 5 players each (number of groups doesn't really matter).
- Each group of 5 needs to progress down a separate path in the dungeon parallel to the other groups (fighting trash mobs, solving puzzles killing bosses etc...). Once the first group initiates their path a timer starts for all groups.
- Each group of 5 converges at a single point at the end of each path in front of a door to the final boss' room.
- After a certain amount of time the door to the boss' room closes which effectively prevents a slow group progressing through a path from engaging the boss.
- If all three groups don't make it in time for the final boss they won't be able to muster enough DPS to finish him off and complete the dungeon (or maybe 2/3 groups of very talented players could do the final boss for some special achievement).

I was just trying to think of a way to incorporate slightly larger scale PvE content for guilds to run without it becoming a giant zerg fest. Not really looking to change the game or add raids just wondering how the community would react to something like this?

#2 Stef91

Stef91

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

Not a bad idea.I am btw disappointed in dungeon design in gw2.Pls make some mehanic about bosses and mobs not just UBER-Hp and revive to the nearest waypoint and rinse and repeat, not fun!Also dungeon rewarding is shit.

#3 Ethereal

Ethereal

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FDTN]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

Moved to suggestion forums.

#4 actionjack

actionjack

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 3659 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

I am not too big of fan of the timer deal... since that mean one group could drag the other group down.
(could see just that the slower group would not able to participated in the final boss, thus not get the reward, but the final boss would scale down to how many group facing it)

However, I would rather see more co-op synergy between the group.
Could also see a map that is more like a fort/castle defense... where 4 groups have to main the walls.  But the groups are free to move about, and the mob will come at different sides at different amount, which encourage more coordination and mobility.  Added to the siege war machine on top, and the sewers path down below, as well as events and action that would help grant you more reinforcements (NPC or even Player).  The final boss could be a giant beast that breaks down the front gate, and all might fight it (and its army) off in the courtyard.

Granted it is pretty much like a dynamtic event, but set it as instance and group help organize it better(?)

#5 VanderBeltLegacy

VanderBeltLegacy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DEAD]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

i like the idea but, i personally think=AC-5p//CM-5p//TA-6p//SE-7p//CoF-7p//HotW-8p//CoE-8p//Arah-9p  <<or similar, and it might let people bring lower level characters(although it wont really matter by HotW)

#6 Moon Electric

Moon Electric

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

View Postactionjack, on 11 November 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

I am not too big of fan of the timer deal... since that mean one group could drag the other group down.
(could see just that the slower group would not able to participated in the final boss, thus not get the reward, but the final boss would scale down to how many group facing it)

However, I would rather see more co-op synergy between the group.
Could also see a map that is more like a fort/castle defense... where 4 groups have to main the walls.  But the groups are free to move about, and the mob will come at different sides at different amount, which encourage more coordination and mobility.  Added to the siege war machine on top, and the sewers path down below, as well as events and action that would help grant you more reinforcements (NPC or even Player).  The final boss could be a giant beast that breaks down the front gate, and all might fight it (and its army) off in the courtyard.

Granted it is pretty much like a dynamtic event, but set it as instance and group help organize it better(?)

This sounds suspiciously like Battle for Lions Arch from Guild Wars 1!! The idea sounds great but I was more attempting to incorporate increased group sizes within the already existing framework of Guild Wars 2 dungeons. Things like dungeons having different paths which are already in the game and such. The principle problem I find with just adding more players is that it feels a lot more zergy. However, if you add interesting mechanics that require players to split up (say like the Tequalt DE) then I guess simply adding more players would work in the end.

#7 smithy446

smithy446

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

View PostMoon Electric, on 10 November 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

I've been thinking of how it might be possible to incorporate more than 5 players into the current style of Guild Wars 2 dungeons and came up with the following:

- Each group of 5 needs to progress down a separate path in the dungeon parallel to the other groups (fighting trash mobs, solving puzzles killing bosses etc...). Once the first group initiates their path a timer starts for all groups.
- Each group of 5 converges at a single point at the end of each path in front of a door to the final boss' room.
- After a certain amount of time the door to the boss' room closes which effectively prevents a slow group progressing through a path from engaging the boss.
- If all three groups don't make it in time for the final boss they won't be able to muster enough DPS to finish him off and complete the dungeon (or maybe 2/3 groups of very talented players could do the final boss for some special achievement).

I was just trying to think of a way to incorporate slightly larger scale PvE content for guilds to run without it becoming a giant zerg fest. Not really looking to change the game or add raids just wondering how the community would react to something like this?

View PostMoon Electric, on 10 November 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

They should have done this seperate paths with Fractals.

#8 Voxell

Voxell

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

Maybe an option to do multi-path fractal-type dungeons with 3 players each path, then total of 9 congregate at the end for the final boss. Regardless of party size, this could also work well with a dungeon queue type system like *that other* MMO.

Anyway, bumping OP for idea awesomeness.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users