BrazilTheHue

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

I no longer focus purely on surviving and being a "tank," because you can mitigate an unbelievable amount of damage by blocking attacks and dodging. If you are able to dodge and time blocks well, you don't really need much HP or armor and can focus on outputting more damage. If you aren't good at dodging and blocking, the best way (in my opinion), is to put yourself into a situation that will force you to learn those mechanics, IE soloing Giganticus Lupicus in Arah. If that sounds like too much, just go out and find some champions in a medium level zone and try your hand at soloing it with melee weapons. On one final note, be sure to buy Master Maintenance Oils and Omnomberry Pies for lifesteal and extra Crit chance. If you can't afford those particular consumables, you can buy lower-tier versions like Mixed Berry Pies.

Click through the spoilers to see the different sections.

Armor and Such
Spoiler

Explanation of Traits
Spoiler

Explanation of Skills
Spoiler

Weapons
Spoiler

Armor and Weapon Acquisition
Spoiler

Contact Me and Other Things.
Spoiler

Edited by BrazilTheHue, 18 February 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#2 Zannonad

Zannonad

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LOM]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

The build looks good but question how is your dps, I had my guardian set a similar way and I notice the damage was just not there. I was taking on full aggro and I was not doing enough damage.  

Let me know.

This is my build now http://gw2skills.net...ZJyymlLLZWLQGCA

I use it for almost anything including WvWvW even tho scepters skills are just tooooooooo slow.

#3 SpelignErrir

SpelignErrir

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

No staff?

You should move 10 points from radiance or something into valor for Altruistic healing. Then Staff 4 becomes a healing signet that grants 12 stacks of might to yourself and your team on a lower cooldown, just with a much longer cast time, not to mention you're providing dps support, which would be important because this build seems to be lacking in it. Also, helps survivability even more if you need it, 1k heal per pulse.

#4 BrazilTheHue

BrazilTheHue

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

I was running through Arah Explorable today and I was pulling off some 4k hits at the end of my Whirling Wrath, but I don't really focus on doing as much damage as possible. My style of play is centered around being durable enough to draw aggro and provide condition removal for people I'm playing with. From what I can gather from your stats, you seem to be sacrificing a lot of durability for a higher damage output, and I never found a build like that to be optimal, especially when doing dungeons. Some people feel that killing mobs faster results in a higher rate of survival, but if you get overrun by a group of undead in Orr, a little bit of extra damage isn't going to help you near as much as higher armor and vitality will. I've been meaning to try out a new build based on doing loads of damage while still maintaining survivability, but I haven't had time to test it properly, and I'm still not sure that it would be beneficial to anything other than solo farming. If you really feel that a high damage output suits you, you probably want to stick to a scepter or staff and kite enemies around.

I guess to simplify, my damage output isn't crazy high, but I didn't design it to be. It's solid enough to handle a group of mobs on my own in Orr, but if you are looking to kill 5000 enemies in 3 seconds, this build probably won't suit you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guardian, dungeon, pve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users