#1 Jairyn

Jairyn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1141 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BAMF]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

les envouteurs subiront le moins de modifications mais ça ne veut pas dire que les changements ne seront pas importants. L'utilitaire Portail, bien que très intéressant, pose de nombreux problèmes et subira donc quelques changements.

English via Google Translate: Mesmers will suffer the least changes but it does not mean that the changes will not be significant. Utility Portal, although very interesting, many problems and therefore undergo some changes.

Let's hope they can fix the problems without making it uninteresting. Maybe just a cap on the # of people who can use it?

Ah well, smoke 'em if you got 'em.

http://www.mastodont...les-professions

#2 CepaCepa

CepaCepa

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

A cap would still not address some of the problems that they were talking about, such as using portal to glitch dungeons. But then again, that could be quite hard to solve and maybe mesmers just get to forever be a required component of a "fast run" group. For that matter a level 20 mesmer would suffice.

Or, maybe they'll just take out portal for good, making it essentially into another skill.

#3 Lilitu

Lilitu

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

As long as they know it's an issue, I trust them with the rest.

#4 sorting hat

sorting hat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

For the dungeon, what they can do without changing the skill to a completely different skill, is to set the dungeon so you have to fight all the bosses beforehand for the last boss to spawn. That way they can eliminate the idea of fast run totally, which I believe is a problem they were addressing and had mentioned they want to fix in some way anyway.

#5 Lookai

Lookai

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HERO]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Portals are fine IMO. What needs to be changed about them is the color for an incoming portal. All portal colors are identical which makes it hard for large groups to target aoe on the incoming portal instead of their groups outgoing portal.

#6 The_Kaizz

The_Kaizz

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[YUM]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostLookai, on 13 November 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Portals are fine IMO. What needs to be changed about them is the color for an incoming portal. All portal colors are identical which makes it hard for large groups to target aoe on the incoming portal instead of their groups outgoing portal.
I definitely agree with this. I don't see a problem with portals. They don't need a cap on how many can use them, it's a portal, it's working as intended. That said, I do think they need to change how the function in dungeons a bit. As for the colors, they should make one purple and the other the bright pink, much more discernible.

#7 sorting hat

sorting hat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Er... I don't quite get it, what's the point of distinguish "in" and "out" portals if the portal works "both way"?

Or maybe you guys are talking about a 'friendly' portal from ally and a 'hostile' portal from enemy? (hey, that being said, can we use portals opened by enemy?)

Edited by sorting hat, 13 November 2012 - 09:46 PM.

#8 lekknot

lekknot

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

How was portal breaking dungeons?

#9 Trei

Trei

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2929 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

View Postsorting hat, on 13 November 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

Or maybe you guys are talking about a 'friendly' portal from ally and a 'hostile' portal from enemy? (hey, that being said, can we use portals opened by enemy?)
Your suggestion for being able to use enemy portals sounds immensely interesting to me.
It could open up a whole new level of strategy and considerations here, forcing portal users to give more thought in their placement as well as their defense.

Edited by Trei, 14 November 2012 - 03:34 AM.

#10 ZigKid3

ZigKid3

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Bern]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

My only wish is two things:
1) show a timer after setting the first portal
2) show when out of range of the first portal

this can be easily done with an icon above your utility skills.

Edited by ZigKid3, 14 November 2012 - 03:42 AM.

#11 esteray13

esteray13

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ACES]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

View PostTrei, on 14 November 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

Your suggestion for being able to use enemy portals sounds immensely interesting to me.
It could open up a whole new level of strategy and considerations here, forcing portal users to give more thought in their placement as well as their defense.

This is actually a suggestion with potential
It will create a no matter what balance in structured pvp

#12 Dastion

Dastion

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1071 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

Five pages of patch notes?

This actually sorta scares me for the Mesmer if it's anything like the rest of the patch notes we've seen. Which mostly consists of long lists of changes and cool tweaks for most other professions, nerf to the most effective Mesmer builds/skills, and some inadvertent nerfs to our profession that won't be fixed three months from now.

I'm not saying there aren't some things that need nerfs, but it would be nice to actually see some quality of life improvements.  Hell, they busted one of the key skills in the Inspiration path back in early September and still don't seem to realize it.  The only Phantasm that can remotely make use of Phantasmal Healing is the Duelist, and only because he was bugged before they broke it for the other professions.

#13 Killyox

Killyox

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3117 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[InVi]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

Some kind of balancing is needed. Otherwise meta will still consist of 1-2 mesmer/s with portal.

#14 Trickstick

Trickstick

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostTrei, on 14 November 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

Sounds like a horrible suggestion to me. It would simply cause people to go on the enemy servers in wvw, walk into keeps and port their entire team in. At least at the moment all they can do is spy on chat/movements.

#15 Trei

Trei

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2929 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostTrickstick, on 15 November 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

Sounds like a horrible suggestion to me. It would simply cause people to go on the enemy servers in wvw, walk into keeps and port their entire team in. At least at the moment all they can do is spy on chat/movements.
Ah... good point.

#16 Alaroxr

Alaroxr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3025 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TSym]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostKillyox, on 15 November 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

Some kind of balancing is needed. Otherwise meta will still consist of 1-2 mesmer/s with portal.

Meta for Dungeons, PvP, or WvW?

For dungeons it's easy to fix without even touching the skill, for WvW you need much more than 1-2 mesmers with portal to be successful, but for PvP I don't know.

Edited by Alaroxr, 15 November 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#17 Cyantific

Cyantific

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RISE]

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Portal: This skill's recharge has been increased to 90 seconds.

Should have probably been made just for PvP but nope.

#18 Sonzai_Moto

Sonzai_Moto

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

I don't think PvP include WvW when they do those changes. And WvW is another place where portal gets a lot of use. For me, it will just make jumping puzzles a little slower.

Is the entrance still 60 seconds?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users