116 replies to this topic

#1 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hi

The text in this guide is outdated and the real guide have now grown to a 2 part guide with a video tutorial.

I cant get al the info into guru forums as it look now and instead build the guru guide on links.

Text guide shatter cat, al 4 builds:

https://forum-en.gui...atter-Cat/first

Gameplay and tactics guide in text:

https://forum-en.gui...rst#post1461959

Tutorial vids:

/Osicat

Edited by osicat, 24 February 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#2 Minobu

Minobu

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

thx for the guide. im going to test it for sure. sounds quite interesting. however, ii cant watch the vids here in germany. they are blocked becuz of music copyright infringement. do you have a version w/o music by chance?

#3 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hmm, it would take me 2h to rerender a movie, em etc, Any chanse you can find a proxy so show them? know some others did that to see em who could not watch due to restrictions. Dint think germany this songs restricted thu.

As my vids is made to offer entertainment aswell as show the build/gamplay and style the music is synced and I can promice you the vid is only half as fun to watch without.

Gl / Osicat

View PostMinobu, on 11 November 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

thx for the guide. im going to test it for sure. sounds quite interesting. however, ii cant watch the vids here in germany. they are blocked becuz of music copyright infringement. do you have a version w/o music by chance?

Kk checked with my channel and apperently its only: Guildwars 2 - Staff sword/pistol movie whos blocked in germany. The burst one and al others can be seen in germany. Tbh germany is only country that movie are blocked in according to youtube. The Burst movie you can see thu.

Edited by osicat, 11 November 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#4 Minobu

Minobu

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

actually both vids were blocked.
used a proxy to watch them (TOR/proxtube.)

anyways, i liked the music esp. the intro is awesome. i did enjoy the footage so thumbs up. impressive dmg numbers. although the air runes do sound tempting, i'm sticking to my centaur runes for now since im running alone most oft the time,

btw, any chance to post/send me a link of Dezark's build plz? i would love to compare it w/ my build (GS/S+P)

Edited by Minobu, 11 November 2012 - 10:36 PM.

#5 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Glad you found a way to work around the block. Dezark have put hes GS  in the bank and using staff now, So have most mesmers in my guild, some use sword / sword + staff thu.

#6 Suzuba

Suzuba

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Hey, can you post your character stats? Also is this condition based build?
Oh, you wear berserker's set so its power/prec build, right?
I dont know how did you do that, but I tried this build, got full power/prec exotic set, even bought exotic staff, sigils etc, but I get only 2k with critical when I shatter -_-

Edited by Suzuba, 12 November 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#7 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

What is your crit dmg mate? On a thoughtness target my shatetrs also hit for 2,3-2,4k but on other low toughtnes I had 4 x 3,4+ sometimes. Tip can be to try some staffing for boons and conditions, or let your sword clones hit a few times for extra dmg buff on target.

Also try use MW when using sword for extra crit chanse + the cripple bf + mw combo.

My stats is about ~2,2 power, 50% critchanse 101%crit dmg with food etc. Then add boons etc on that.

#8 Panzanella

Panzanella

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

I'm interested in trying out this build but I have a question about rune of air.  It only gives swiftness for an increased duration and swiftness when you heal..  Do you recommend Mantra of Recovery to make this more effective?  Does the swiftness really activate enough to make air worth it?

I also have a question about this:

View Postosicat, on 11 November 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

I run al jewels berserker, 4/6 gear berserker 1valkyre 1 knight.

I checked wiki for berserker jewels but could not find what they are so I am unsure what you are upgrading with here.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to post the build, I can't wait to try it.

Edited by Panzanella, 13 November 2012 - 01:49 AM.

#9 Necteys

Necteys

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AnaG]
  • Server:Abaddon’s Mouth

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

Ruby-Jewels are the Berserker's-Jewels. If you craft them, you'll get Ruby xxx Amulet of the Berserker

#10 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

View PostPanzanella, on 13 November 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

I'm interested in trying out this build but I have a question about rune of air.  It only gives swiftness for an increased duration and swiftness when you heal..  Do you recommend Mantra of Recovery to make this more effective?  Does the swiftness really activate enough to make air worth it?

I also have a question about this:

I checked wiki for berserker jewels but could not find what they are so I am unsure what you are upgrading with here.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to post the build, I can't wait to try it.

No I dont recomend Matra for this build. Tested and it dont work as you need to get a heal of while dissorsion immunity is up. In fight Swiftness is less important than out of fight anyway due to al passive short range teleportations etc you have (sword swap, staff2, blink and portal). Also Air have one fantastic ability, nr 6, it hit like a kitten truck. A backstab thief hit me today when I have chaos armour up and blocked the hit, he thu took a 5,6k lightning strike as ty for the trubble instant, ended it with a 3 clones mindwrack.  Its a AMAZING defensive tool vs glass cannon builds and a huge burst for you aswell.

I kinda sure but I cant confirm that I once had a 7k+ hit with it, Can confirm a 6,2k thu.

Zerker jewels = rings, ammulet and earrings zerker. The bling bling :D

PS only downside of the build is that you cant be lazy do it. You have to be acctive in both dmg but more important defense or you die. Like this gameplay its the style and you be a wvwvw ninja sliding thru enemy attacks killing ppl.

Edited by osicat, 13 November 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#11 Suzuba

Suzuba

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

View Postosicat, on 12 November 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

What is your crit dmg mate? On a thoughtness target my shatetrs also hit for 2,3-2,4k but on other low toughtnes I had 4 x 3,4+ sometimes. Tip can be to try some staffing for boons and conditions, or let your sword clones hit a few times for extra dmg buff on target.

Also try use MW when using sword for extra crit chanse + the cripple bf + mw combo.

My stats is about ~2,2 power, 50% critchanse 101%crit dmg with food etc. Then add boons etc on that.

Im not running this build anymore, but now I got
1,95k Power
1,9 Prec
1,1 Toughness
1,1 Vitality
49% crit chance
62% crit damage
I dont use food yet, but I remember that with your build I had 56% crit chance, but I dont remember about crit damage

#12 AssimilateThis

AssimilateThis

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

been having a lot of fun with this builld. i actually switched from GS to Saff when soloin and agree that its great for soloing once you get used to it.

question-

how do you deal with stealthed thief openers? it seems that traiting retal on cry of frustration does nothin here. i see em, pop mirror, dodge clone, pop shatter 2 and still get faced melted.  seems like shatter 4 is the only solution.  if thats the case, do i need 3 clones or is the invul only 1 sec regardless of clones?  or is the BF the better option since u can quickly dodge/mirror and 4x MW after they already ate the BF damage? ive haf success w both but want to hear what u guys think.

also, what about if u havent had a chance to combat flag before they stealthed and cant get clones up? is a well timed BF the best option here?

edit - forgot to ask what food do you guys use? i like the orrian stew (the one that gives you quicker endurance regen and might on dodge)   also imo its pointless to put point into toughness unless you have it in every armor slot and also via traits youre going to get a very marginal benefit and your Time to Death will not really change IMO.

Edited by AssimilateThis, 13 November 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#13 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostAssimilateThis, on 13 November 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

how do you deal with stealthed thief openers?

also, what about if u havent had a chance to combat flag before they stealthed and cant get clones up? is a well timed BF the best option here?

edit - forgot to ask what food do you guys use?

1- I made a video some time back, its not my best video the best as its sPvP parts in it come from my early time in this spec when I still tryed it out, Im better at it now both on the spec and on make videos so will make a new "thief" wid later on. I do thu give a Idea how to counter them.

What I noticed especialy as I run into more and more skilled thiefs in wvwvw is that the fight is eather super fast or extremly long. The better the thief the longer fight as thye have wery hard kill a shatter mesmer and same time a skilled thief dodge our attacks well.

2- If no clones up get your staff on ASAP, only thing that saves you. Fight alot of thiefs and die many times and you soon get a feeling for how they attack and when. Ask a skilled thief in guild to duel you 100 times in a emty sPvP battleground some late night and after he killed you 100 times you should have a feel for how he attack. Then when you better can anticipate the moves you use staff 2 to move out. Hammer down a chaos field when he about to attack and stad in it, staff 2 for armour then another armour short after.

3- I use 100 precision 10% crit dmg and the expensive weap oil in wvwvw. for guildruns I use energy regen food thu if we do portal attacks and siege.

PS: Rune of air..... here is the new wonder vs thiefs. It totaly destroy em and if alshatter mesmers started use em thiefs soon would stop jump us :) Look at this screen, a proc of rune of air and a shatter, no more thief.

Posted Image

Here is my video I talked about:

#14 AssimilateThis

AssimilateThis

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

ty for the advice.

btw, does lighning strike proc if youre not getting hit i.e shatter 4 or blurred frenzy? i wasnt sure how useful air runes were so ive been running around with runes of the scholar but i doubt im getting their full benefit like i do on my ele glass cannon but i might give it a try now.

#15 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

It proc if you take any kind of offensive dmg/condition of enemy. So if he aoe, or even retaliate it proc. I MW a person and sword 2 and lightning hit him same time as he had retaliate up,

#16 Dinara2

Dinara2

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

Skimmed through the 11/15's patch notes and found this

- Rune of Air’s lightning damage has been reduced by 25%.

and a general change to Mesmers

- Illusionary Duelist, Phantasmal Swordsman, Phantasmal Mage, Phantasmal Defender, Phantasmal Disenchanter, Phantasmal Rogue, Phantasmal Warlock, Illusionary Mariner, Illusionary Whaler, Phantasmal Berserker, and Phantasmal Warden: These skills must now be cast in line-of-sight of the target. These skills now behave as normal attacks that the mesmer must connect in order to summon the phantasm, and they will fail if the mesmer is blind or the ability is cast on an invulnerable target.

Damn.......

Edited by Dinara2, 16 November 2012 - 02:41 AM.

#17 Perversion

Perversion

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts
  • Server:Blacktide

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

View PostDinara2, on 16 November 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

Skimmed through the 11/15's patch notes and found this

- Rune of Air’s lightning damage has been reduced by 25%.

and a general change to Mesmers

- Illusionary Duelist, Phantasmal Swordsman, Phantasmal Mage, Phantasmal Defender, Phantasmal Disenchanter, Phantasmal Rogue, Phantasmal Warlock, Illusionary Mariner, Illusionary Whaler, Phantasmal Berserker, and Phantasmal Warden: These skills must now be cast in line-of-sight of the target. These skills now behave as normal attacks that the mesmer must connect in order to summon the phantasm, and they will fail if the mesmer is blind or the ability is cast on an invulnerable target.

Damn.......

This change is really bad for Phantasmal build Mesmers. I dropped it long time ago and run only with Shatter build (3w, pvp, pve). Now its little harder, but we are still powerfull class. Its not as bad as all think. Just watch and wait for right moment ;)

Edited by Perversion, 16 November 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#18 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

With al sad trheads this guide / thread feel wery refresshing.

A Video strategy guilde 90% after last patch here. Enjoy and I kinda sure we still viable:

#19 Dinara2

Dinara2

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

Osi,

The 6/6 bonus from Superior Rune of Air has the 20% Lightning Strike chance on attackers. The Sigil of Air for weapons has 30% chance on Critical hit to inflict Lightning Strike.

Would you know if these 2 sources of Lightning Strikes share the same cooldown timer?

#20 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

No but the rune of air I yesterday had a 6,2k crit with. Higest from sigil of air I seen in 2k ich. I use sigil of fire that crit ~1,3k but do aoe dmg so it hit stealthed targets, other players, npc,s when taking caps and ofc petc/phantasms/clones. I feel aoe dmg is best dmg we can get for this spec.

#21 Dinara2

Dinara2

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

View Postosicat, on 19 November 2012 - 06:00 AM, said:

No but the rune of air I yesterday had a 6,2k crit with. Higest from sigil of air I seen in 2k ich. I use sigil of fire that crit ~1,3k but do aoe dmg so it hit stealthed targets, other players, npc,s when taking caps and ofc petc/phantasms/clones. I feel aoe dmg is best dmg we can get for this spec.

Great! Thanks. Just so you know, due to your tutelage, I normally don't have problems with thieves anymore. I do however get into problems with the really good ones now haha.

#22 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Yeah :) But I rather have problem with a good player outplaying me (or me him) than with class mecanics killing me :) A good thief do the juking and play like the burts class they are. Alot like we mesmers do in shatter spec. In do dmg out again.

Glad I could help.

#23 ATourist

ATourist

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Just wondering on your combos here. I normally see you using both shatters mind wrack and cry of frustration near the same time. I normally do 3 clones with first weapon set -> F1, then 3 clones with second weapon set ->F2. Does this delay weaken my burst?

#24 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

The benefit by land both 4 source mindwrack and 3 source cry with the sword burst and fire aoe is that enemy dont have time to react on al burst. He dot get a chance to pop any defenses and when he try react those shatters addd ~12-13 stacks of confuson so he kill himself if he evens survived so yes spil the shatters do weaken your burst a bit.

Thu its not always wrong to split the burst, if you suspect you will need the coodowns in  short I soemtimes try save energy and cd,s and soft my burst a bit.

/osicat

#25 General Typhus

General Typhus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GanK]

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

You're not even a cat.

#26 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Meow :)

I add latest Video, alternative shatter cat with a little more defensive stats and reflection trait instead of 9% dmg with 3 clones up. It alos have a portal attack section and how to thiefs in wvwvw

#27 Panzanella

Panzanella

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

I've been having tons of fun with this build and my mesmer.... :wub:  Is amazing...

What would be your advice for the new ascended backpieces?  I'm thinking the power/crit/precision ones but I don't know about the infusion slot.  Would it be better to craft for the offensive or defensive infusion slot?  I'm leaning towards the defensive one but I don't want to make a mistake here as it won't be so easy for me to fix.

#28 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

As I understand the defensive Infusion only get defense for fragctal agony, Offensive infusion give a smal stat boost thu. Im not sure the cost is worth the low stat boost thu so take what you need for the instance and see the stat as a bonus for pvp if u get offensive one.

/osicat

#29 ATourist

ATourist

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

Hello again, just wondering if you spvp as well and if you have any advice on it? I'm using it to get some practice but most of the time if the initial burst doesn't kill them, I switch to my staff as I let sword/pistol out of cooldown and I feel rather useless with it. Aside from iWarlock, there is not much else that will do damage and my opponent can freely heal up my earlier burst. Is burst spec just not as useful in spvp due to stat limitations?

#30 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

@ATourist, I used to do alot more sPvP with this build and it extremly deadly but last month I been daily in wvwvw so not enought time ad guild rading and smal team roaming is prioriticed in my guild. I do thu know that Nero running a burst shatter build in top payd TPvP with great sucess. He streaming regulary and here is a link to hes thread at official. Burst is absolutley viable in structured pvp, just that you might to swotch some skills around. Example is condition remover might be needed for some games. Also if you do TPvP you have to make up you mind if you wnat to solo defend and go tankier or go duo etc.

About structured,s burst you can dom some crazy numbers just need to get the combos correct, and staff is a monster weap both for dmg and defensive. If he heal just dodge to him hit shatter 3 and its interupted, get a chaos field u and go pistol/s and lock him in it etc etc, combos are endless. Im at 550 hours played on my mesmer now and I still feel I have ALIT to learn so its deffo a class you can get betetr and better at by practice.

link to Nero,s stream:

https://forum-en.gui...-level-Mes-tPvP

/Osicat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users