Dinara2

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

View Postosicat, on 28 November 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

2nd Part of my video Guide is done.

enjoy :)

Thanks for the vid osi. It's good to see some fights that take longer than your usual steamrolling opponents hehe.

#33 Kvitoq

Kvitoq

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

View Postosicat, on 28 November 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

2nd Part of my video Guide is done.

enjoy :)

Thanks a lot for all your effort Osicat, it's a real fun build to play with.

One small thing, would it be possible to have your combat log open while recording your videos? That might make it easier to see what happens because for example, at 0:32 in your latest video you do 6809 damage and I really have no idea where that came from :-S.

With regards,

Kvitoq

#34 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

@Dinara, Ty and happy you liked it, so far the respons on the lates vid been good. I usualy been avoid add long fights in my vids as I have a ~8 min limit, I feel thats as much mesmer pvp they can see without get boored nomatter how good music or editing I do :) This time it fited the profile of the guide thu as I try focus on survival and cd managment and los mecanics.

@Kvitoq, ty for feedback like this, as long ppl find things I can do better its a move forward. Will keep it in mind for next vid. The only 3 single hits in my arsenal that hits regulary for over 6k is sword 2, iWarlock and rune of lightning. Best mindwrack I seen is a 1 clone 5,4k (99% sure it was a mindwrack), best 3 clones is 4 x 3,8+ on a downed glascannon. Again I want to point on how usefull the rune of air is vs thiefs, If they jump you and take a hit who basicly half their hp a single mirror immage and mw can end them in a instant.

/love osicat

#35 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

A thief Video is now included in the guide:

#36 AssimilateThis

AssimilateThis

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Osi - what is your weapon swap bound to?

The delay from statf to sp the BF has been absolutely killing me. I can never vet a decensive BF or statf 2 off in time.

Also any tips on using s1 and staff1?

#37 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

My weaponswap is bound to button left of 1 ( § ), its in good reach for my little finger :)

My other key binding is:

WASD with A for strafe left D strafe right, I turn run dierction with mouse.
V turn camera 180 degrees for time portals and blink behind enemy chasers
attack 12345 is
1:q
2:e
3:r
4:mouse4
5:shift+mouse4 (mouse 4 is on side of my mouse)
Utility heal 1 2 3 elite is:
heal:shift + space
u1:shift+q
u2:shift+e
u3:shift+r
elite:shift+f
Shatters is on 1 , 2, 3 and 4
This help me do most movment and camera with mouse, al actions is shortkeys.

/Osicat

#38 Dhag

Dhag

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

Trying out this build and loving it.  Still learning it but it is a blast, especially when they clump up together and your able to get a 3 clone shatter off.

Osi, have a question.  I actually spent some badges on the invaders rings and earrings (was going portal build).  Curious if it would really affect the Crit aspect of the build.  I currently put in Ruby Orbs (+20 Power, +14 Precision +2% Crit Damage) to help somewhat.  I also running a beserkers amulet and a spineguard with ruby orb in it.

#39 AssimilateThis

AssimilateThis

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Was fighting another mes today that completely shut me down.  They were using a staff / S/S build with signet of illusions.  My shatter burst was absolutely useless (could never burst enough to get them to even 50% hp with everything hitting).

Any idea what build they were using?  Had signet of illusions on util.

Edited by AssimilateThis, 08 December 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#40 derek1240

derek1240

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostAssimilateThis, on 08 December 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

Was fighting another mes today that completely shut me down.  They were using a staff / S/S build with signet of illusions.  My shatter burst was absolutely useless (could never burst enough to get them to even 50% hp with everything hitting).

Any idea what build they were using?  Had signet of illusions on util.
why was your shatter build useless. You need to elaborate were you just not dealing enough damage or were you missing? He was probably running high toughness or something that was not zerker.

View PostDhag, on 08 December 2012 - 03:22 AM, said:

Trying out this build and loving it.  Still learning it but it is a blast, especially when they clump up together and your able to get a 3 clone shatter off.

Osi, have a question.  I actually spent some badges on the invaders rings and earrings (was going portal build).  Curious if it would really affect the Crit aspect of the build.  I currently put in Ruby Orbs (+20 Power, +14 Precision +2% Crit Damage) to help somewhat.  I also running a beserkers amulet and a spineguard with ruby orb in it.
a couple trinkets are not going to break the build. I myself run full knights with zerker weapons and jewels in the trinkets. For the most part you will still deal massive damage on your shatters and at the same time wont get 2 shot by thieves.

#41 AssimilateThis

AssimilateThis

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

View Postderek1240, on 08 December 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

why was your shatter build useless. You need to elaborate were you just not dealing enough damage or were you missing? He was probably running high toughness or something that was not zerker.

a couple trinkets are not going to break the build. I myself run full knights with zerker weapons and jewels in the trinkets. For the most part you will still deal massive damage on your shatters and at the same time wont get 2 shot by thieves.

The damage just wasnt there on my end. Full combo would get them to 30-40%.  I was also taking a shit load of damage from the sword phantasms.  Feel like GS may have been a better option to counter that build than staff.

#42 derek1240

derek1240

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostAssimilateThis, on 09 December 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

The damage just wasnt there on my end. Full combo would get them to 30-40%.  I was also taking a shit load of damage from the sword phantasms.  Feel like GS may have been a better option to counter that build than staff.
they were most likely running higher toughness/vit than you. And as long as they are able to avoid your burst their phants will kill you in the end. Unless youre super aggressive and can seriously put them on defensive you will lose. You just need to mitigate damage you take and save your evades from the phants. The main problem was probably their ability to survive your burst. Just use your staff to kite them and make sure you use diversion cause i see many mesmers just never use it.

#43 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

Hi ppl,

Sorry for be late on answers, I been working crazy last days with 24 h work shifts.

@Dhag, I accualy run some defensive gear aswell, have listed minimum reccomended stats as it help you a little out. On the official site I listed my exact gear not long ago due to so many ppl asked for it. I havent realy wanted to list it as it take some ppls experementing away and rather just give some minimum defensive stats listed. I do thu think its viable to have some defensive stats especialy for camp capping and condition handeling.

About the Mesmer you had problems with was prob just as Derek and AssimilateThis say high toghness setup. Can say for sure what he played spec etc without video but in general heavy heavy tank builds from any class wont do alot of dmg but migate it well. most of the times a tank try win time for friends to come there as he dont have the dmg to end the fight fast but the hp to drag it out. A s/s - staff setup wont have alot of range, he missing the pistole range dmg and stun, he do thu have one strong single dmg phantasm extra.

First of al before you must ask yourself, do I need to kill this player? No matter what spec when you roam solo in wvwvw you will run into a few builds that you need to ask this question. Heavy stealth toughtness thiefs, tank healing elementalists, bunker guardians and renegation phantasm tank mesmers. Al listed have a few things in common, they endure ALOT of dmg but deal wery little dmg unless you give them oppurtunity ofc. There is tactics for al bukers but most coomon tactic is get a friend and bully them to death, in a 2 vs 2 situation you kil hes friend first then 2 vs 1 him as he cant do anything vs you.

No spec is optimal for al classes/spec but this spec and gear is in my oppnion the most flexible setup for wvwvw you can get. A GS - s/p is great to kite and dps some down but can be totaly shut down by some classes. A heavy tank build will be strong in survival but have no chance get a defended camp down. A heavy cindition have its advantages but run into problems with necros or when he need a burst etc

Say thu that you realy need to kill a renegation tank mesmer (there is tactics for the others aswell but I give you the one we discussion now). A few patches ago I would told you int impposible with your setup. There was a time when tank mesmers with phantasm dmg, renegation from phantasms and protection on renegation just got signet of "more health on phantasms" and phantasmal defender and loled down ppl. This is not the case anymore and if you play your cards correct there is a way.

He is heavy depending on hes phantasms, thats why he got more hp for them. Still with latest changes to phantsam summoning there is ways to totaly negate him any phantasms. You will in shatter cat spec make more clones than you can use unless you start get shatter nr 3 running. Kinda early in fight make sure you get a 4 sec immunity up, this with some rolls make sure he cant get phantsams up, and if he do make sure get your mindwrack to hit the phantasm aswell. Also remember he need LOS to summon them, a portal or well timed blink can LOS you and you can still summon clones to wrack on him. Keep LOS, dodge, disorsion sword 2 and stun him, do dmg in bursts then back. This will deny him hes strongest defense. Also if shatter 1 2 and 4 used, get 3 clones and hit 3 , this might interupt something importants and if you spread your clones give 2-3 sec of dazze.

Also make sure to keep chaos storm on both of you, you need those boons.

I hope this help mate.

/Osicat

PS My latest movie about group battle as a mesmer:

Edited by osicat, 10 December 2012 - 07:04 AM.

#44 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

*** Uppdate ****

Latest vid:

/Osicat

#45 Touche

Touche

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

I love the glass cannon Mesmer but culling issues have led me to make a slightly more tanky build for WvWvW...

Kinda tired of being one shotted by small zergs as I usually skirmish solo.

Edited by Touche, 11 December 2012 - 11:08 PM.

#46 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

Fair enought, even if this not realy is a glass cannon build in gear or in spec. Reason I been so hard give my exact gear etc in recomendation is cause its due to change quite often. The guide and spec is under constant develop and I experement ALOT.
What I type in the guide thu is things that after hard and long testing I found as accurate best possible setup with the spec and gamestyle.

I will thu here list my exact gear for the moment as I get alot of pm,s etc about it aswellPosted Image
:Power 1912
:Prec 1992
:Tough1180
:Vit1092
Condition dmg 325
Crit chance 55% Staff 53%
Crit dmg: 98% Staff 102%
Armour 2100
Health in wvwvw 16842 (with server buff 17852)
Head : zerker + air
Shoulder: Zerker + air
Coat: Knight + air
Glowes: Zerker + air
Leggs: zerker + air
Boots:Valkyre + Air
Staff: zerker + energy (50% energy on swap)
Sword: Zerker + 5% dmg
Pistol: Knight + Fire Aoe
Back: Guild backpack lvl 60 (saving fractal stuff for back form there) lvl 60 Ruby jewel
Trinked 1 : Zerker +Ruby (3% crit 25 prec 25 power) jewel
Trinke 2: Event trinked (25 al stats 3%crit) + zerker (3% crit 25 prec 25 power) jewel
Ring 1: Invader ring + Ruby (3% crit 25 prec 25 power) jewel
Ring 2: Zerker ring + Ruby (3% crit 25 prec 25 power) jewel
Nec Valkyre nec + Ruby (3% crit 25 prec 25 power) jewel

There is also a alternative shatter cat build with some more knight and valkyre gear, vid here:

Hope This help mate.

/regards Osicat

#47 Theomancer

Theomancer

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AoS]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Osicat, can you give us some tips on combos that you do?

Like, is there a certain combo or skill rotation that you use, in many situations?  (And where are you from?)

Thanks!

#48 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

@Theomancer, you ask and here I precent, a combo guide :D It was accualy under production last 1,5 week. Its a movment and range burst guide ofr shatter cat.

It show a combo I call "Cat leap" and also a range burst nuke with solo portal juking.

Enjoy

#49 Theomancer

Theomancer

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AoS]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

Hmmm, I'm gonna have to get some tankier gear -- I'm 100% berserker's right now. Do you have all exotics, or are some of your pieces not exotic?

Also: How do you get staff2 to teleport you forward? ^_^

#50 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

@Theomancer, yes you will have it alot easier with a few knight and valkyre parts in, especialya s you with 9% dmg / clone and the new might buff still have strong burst AND substained dmg.

Staff 2 propell you ways from targets, so if you mark a rabbit, npc, player etc that is between you and your target, hit blink so its behind you but infront of your target staff 2 now will take you closer to the player you want to kill. Then again fast swap target and change wep in same move, hit stun and then cripple leap.

/Osicat

#51 cruzydub

cruzydub

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Kodash

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

Hey Osi,nice footage by the way. 1. Wanted to ask you what artist and titel the first song of your cat leap video is.2. What do you think of BringYourFriends´ Condition Build? Tested it in sPVP and never lost a 1on1 and slightly 1on2.Seems very consistant and viable.greetz

Edited by cruzydub, 18 December 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#52 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

@Cruzydub, Its Of men and monsters -dirty paws, and the spec look interesting anf dun, it lack potensial for the gameplay Im doing as a roaming mesmer in group form point to point thu but made for lols and giggles idd.

/Osicat

#53 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Latest Video guide, a bit more advanced stuff this time.

/Osicat

Edited by osicat, 19 December 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#54 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

@ * * Uppdate * * @

We al need to evolve and try new stuff. So far ppl after phantasm nerfs been so fast to move from phantasm alot of the good with them gets forgotten.

Ok last weeks I been working on a hybrid spec, first I was fully working on a shatter cat condition hybrid but was not totaly satisfyed with the ressults even if I still keep the project. My goal was to find a good way to deal with guardians, bunkers and still keep the survival and good incombat mobility of the shatter cat.

So instead I changed direction and experemented with a Shatter Cat phantsams hybrid. The gear is wery simmilar to the one I used in the past, as ts still a shattercat build its not a pure glascannon but a reaction survival build with toughtness and vitality min stats as in shattercat guide.

The hybrid save the shatter cats Huge condition dmg, in the vid you see regular 1,5-2,4k confusion hits, you also se shatters for 6k+. But biggest change is that the build also have serious phantasm dmg and bigger personal sword dmg. Last days I had bf,s for 9-10k+ several times, also regulary phantasm who hit for 7k+.

I will include this build as a alternative shatter cat build in the guide in some time.

Enought talking, Enjoy the biggest dmg I ever done:

/Osicat

#55 Matron

Matron

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ZB]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Ninja dodge attack explanation 2 clones out, wait until enemy attack, dodge into him and avoid incoming attack + generate clone, when still in air hit MW for a 4 clone shatter, swap to staff when you passed enemy and hit nr 2. This deliver a 4 clone shatter, avoid a incoming attack apply 3 sec of 4 confusion, juke you away from enemy , give vigour (atleast 1 shatter crit)+ with signet of regeneration on staff you will end the attack with full energy bar + 1 clone for keep attacking. Also you get might from shatters so your rehit will be buffed.
You mention a 4 clone shatter. Are you counting yourself as a shatter? I can create the visual effect of a 4 clone shatter but 1 of the clones only "dies" and I only recieve damage from 3 clones. I expect you are counting yourself but I did hear mention of a 4 clone shatter bug; I just can't recreate it.

** Edit - I read more carefully and I do understand you meant 3 clones and a self shatter. I would like to point out that self shatters only work with some traits. For instance a 0 clone shatter with 'Rending Shatter' does spread vulnerability but a 0 clone shatter with 'Confusing Cry' does not give you retaliation.

Edited by Matron, 27 December 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#56 Memser

Memser

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

View Postosicat, on 18 November 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

With al sad trheads this guide / thread feel wery refresshing.

A Video strategy guilde 90% after last patch here. Enjoy and I kinda sure we still viable:

We are very viable, actually i think if used right, mesmer class could kill anyone in the game. I mean it is balanced and so, but mesmer have these options to choose of. For example the portals, teleport and other stuff. It is hard to master, but worth it. Not like warrior when u just go and do big numbers, done. F.ucking love this class.

#57 dereck

dereck

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Hi osicat,

I've been doing some tests with my mesmer, and I am trying to do something balanced between power, prec and condition. I see that lots of people like the zerker approach, but I chose not to "waste" all the confusion I could have from a mesmer. So I dropped some critical damage and some power in exchange of cond damage (by using Rampager's equip).
In my equip I have at the moment: chest and leggings knight, gloves and boots carrion and the rest of armor and all jewelry are rampagers. I  have a rampagers staff and zerkers s/p. Runes are centaur, sigil of energy, force and fire.
This gave me 1900 power, 2100 precision (58% crit chance), 40% crit damage with s/p, 30% with staff. But the cond I still think is a little bit low:  830 with staff and 740 with s/p. I've been thinking in change some jewelry from rampagers to carrion, to change some precision for a bit more cond and vitality.
In your case, how many cond damage you have? I still kind of new at the game, so I'm trying to experiment a lot. Just feel that I shouldn't waste the confusion potential, not even drop a lot my main damage (since BF is very powerful and mind wrack even).

#58 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

@Dereck, ppl play the class different. My philosophy for this spec "Shatter Cat" and the later phantasm hybrid spec is that the condition dmg is not the core dmg. The condition dmg is there as a controll tool to force the enemy in a direction you want. I have no extra condition dmg, My base condition dmg is 325, but after a shatter combo my mightstacks give me close to 800 extra condition dmg so when enemy try to attack me back he take 2-2,5k dmg / tick of confusion. Bleeds and burns also have a spot but as a way to nibble on a enemy and get him to stress some early defenses.

I instead invested in enought defensive stats (1180 tougtness' 16800 hp), then rest in crit dmg and crit chance. My crit dmg is around 103% with food.

So as you see the spec is a direct dmg spec but do alot of condition dmg due to the shatter mecanics, the condition is seen as cc.

/Osicat

Ps Link to Insane dmg hybrid spec vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnM3spSyjEI

#59 AEnesidem

AEnesidem

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CoT]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

View Postosicat, on 13 December 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

Fair enought, even if this not realy is a glass cannon build in gear or in spec. Reason I been so hard give my exact gear etc in recomendation is cause its due to change quite often. The guide and spec is under constant develop and I experement ALOT.
What I type in the guide thu is things that after hard and long testing I found as accurate best possible setup with the spec and gamestyle.

I will thu here list my exact gear for the moment as I get alot of pm,s etc about it aswellPosted Image
:Power 1912
:Prec 1992
:Tough1180
:Vit1092
Condition dmg 325
Crit chance 55% Staff 53%
Crit dmg: 98% Staff 102%
Armour 2100
Health in wvwvw 16842 (with server buff 17852)
Head : zerker + air
Shoulder: Zerker + air
Coat: Knight + air
Glowes: Zerker + air
Leggs: zerker + air
Boots:Valkyre + Air
Staff: zerker + energy (50% energy on swap)
Sword: Zerker + 5% dmg
Pistol: Knight + Fire Aoe
Back: Guild backpack lvl 60 (saving fractal stuff for back form there) lvl 60 Ruby jewel
Trinked 1 : Zerker +Ruby (3% crit 25 prec 25 power) jewel
Trinke 2: Event trinked (25 al stats 3%crit) + zerker (3% crit 25 prec 25 power) jewel
Ring 1: Invader ring + Ruby (3% crit 25 prec 25 power) jewel
Ring 2: Zerker ring + Ruby (3% crit 25 prec 25 power) jewel
Nec Valkyre nec + Ruby (3% crit 25 prec 25 power) jewel

There is also a alternative shatter cat build with some more knight and valkyre gear, vid here:

Hope This help mate.

/regards Osicat
Hi Osicat! I have a little question i hope you could help me with. I am testing your Hybrid build and i must say, i am completely in love with it. It's pure awesomeness, so much fun and insane damage! thanks for sharing that one.
now my problem is i currently have 4/6 berserker pieces, with my legs and footwear being Knights legs and valkyrie boots. My trinkets are full berserker with the berserker backpack with full berserker jewels (exotic even on backpack). On my armor i have Ruby orbs since i cant afford runes of air yet. My weapons are all berserker. My staff is a berserker staff with a superior sigil of perception on it. My 2 swords are berserker swords with 5% crit chance on one and 5% damage on the other. Yet, and here is my problem, my precision crit chance and crit damage stats seem lower than yours

:Power 2214
:Prec 1920
:Tough 983
:Vit 940
Condition dmg 300
Crit chance 53% Staff 50% (thats exactly what the tooltip says)
Crit dmg: 90% for both
Armour 1903
Health in wvwvw 15322 (with server buff 16241 )

Now on the health part i get it, since i don't have the valkyrie necklace and the toughness is normal too since i have the knights part on my legs and dont have the invader trinket. BUt i don't understand why my crit damage crit chance etc are lower than yours? i just cant figure it out. I have more berserker parts than you since you have a valkyrie chest, invader trinket etc..

thanks in advance

Edited by AEnesidem, 03 January 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#60 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

@AEnesidem, il off to bed now so Il have a look later and give you a good answer. Hope you can wait a little. Untill then enjoy my latest Hybrid build

Shatter cat hybrid Phantasm spec, vol 2
1 vs 2/x and goup fighting.

/Osicat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users