• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 actionjack

actionjack

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 3659 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

I am also not too big on the name... sound so... balding..
Also one tricky thing about Holy magic and Holy damages... where do holy come from?  In GW1, its seem to be the gods (as Monk are follower of Dwayna,)  But since the gods are gone, what are the source of Holy magic?  Not to mention need to apply to the more "godless" races, like Charr and Asura.

#32 ShezuTsukai

ShezuTsukai

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[Soul]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

The Swiss started with the halberd or Swiss voulge in the 14th century the Spanish did not start using the halberd until the late 15th century; research indeed.

#33 VanderBeltLegacy

VanderBeltLegacy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DEAD]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

View Postactionjack, on 19 November 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

I am also not too big on the name... sound so... balding..
Also one tricky thing about Holy magic and Holy damages... where do holy come from?  In GW1, its seem to be the gods (as Monk are follower of Dwayna,)  But since the gods are gone, what are the source of Holy magic?  Not to mention need to apply to the more "godless" races, like Charr and Asura.
Giardians Practically do holy damage...and in GW1, all RACES did holy damage, so your Assumption would be incorrect it does not just come from the gods, as for the nme personal opinion, i dont like "Monk" it sounds so *racial slur*

View PostShezuTsukai, on 20 November 2012 - 01:06 AM, said:

The Swiss started with the halberd or Swiss voulge in the 14th century the Spanish did not start using the halberd until the late 15th century; research indeed.
Origination was not the exact debate now was it?, its what the SPANISH were more likely to use!!!!, and since Maces/Hammers were more european etc, it just DOESNT fit..you want maces and hammers?, go play a guardian, this IS MY concept class, i have already taken the liberty of drawing up a second plan for "holy damage" for some others, but am not changing/adding weapons a GUARDIAN already has...also WHY THE F*** is this a debate..its not a light ARMOR guardian..

also the Friar GS is all ranged,, the  single sword is 2 melee+1 range+Meditate+caster style,(mes singe sword=2melee, 1 caster, 1 block, 1 illusion).

for the last time i have no interest in making a caster guardian, you go make your own holy class light armor concept and post it, if you want it that bad to have "maces/hammers", enough said, unless you have something new to add, dont POST, because its just endless with you and others, "mace/hammer, errrr!!"...broken records.

#34 actionjack

actionjack

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 3659 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

View PostVanderBeltLegacy, on 21 November 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

Giardians Practically do holy damage...and in GW1, all RACES did holy damage, so your Assumption would be incorrect it does not just come from the gods, as for the nme personal opinion, i dont like "Monk" it sounds so *racial slur*

Well... there lays the issue... they don't do holy damages.  It is not coincident that there are no longer any holy damage type in GW2, where in lore, the (human) gods have also left as well.  (or why there are no Monks).  And if notice the wording on guardian's skills and description, it is more of power from one self, and not from other divine beings.  

Of course, that is not to say the game can't be tweak to re-include holy (or even gods) back into the game/lore.  It is more of a wording issue.  But again, can also change Holy to some other words too.

#35 Bohya

Bohya

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Instead of a damage dealing class that can also do some side healing, this is a healing class that does side damage. No more classes need to be added at this current time, especially with PvP being as fragile as it is. I miss the monk class more than anything, but you have not thought any of this through.

#36 VanderBeltLegacy

VanderBeltLegacy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DEAD]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

View PostBohya, on 22 November 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

Instead of a damage dealing class that can also do some side healing, this is a healing class that does side damage. No more classes need to be added at this current time, especially with PvP being as fragile as it is. I miss the monk class more than anything, but you have not thought any of this through.
This is just A CONCEPT CLASS, and how many times do i have to re-state the fact it;s not a class suggestion for the game..it was for some personal reason, and i just wanted opinions.

PvP is a joke...all thief teams ganking mixed team's//enough said about PvP.
as for thinking it through, yes i have, and the water ele can heal way better then this(not to mention staff water heals with side damage, again it's all in YOUR imagination, like the last guy,, i have not even INCORPORATED damage or healing number's, or radius and range and to mention the 2 F1 and F2 skill's that can make your healing better, or make your damage output better. so please read properly and not scan read before commenting.

View Postactionjack, on 22 November 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

Well... there lays the issue... they don't do holy damages.  It is not coincident that there are no longer any holy damage type in GW2, where in lore, the (human) gods have also left as well.  (or why there are no Monks).  And if notice the wording on guardian's skills and description, it is more of power from one self, and not from other divine beings.  

Of course, that is not to say the game can't be tweak to re-include holy (or even gods) back into the game/lore.  It is more of a wording issue.  But again, can also change Holy to some other words too.
gods are not completely gone, look at human racial skill's, they beseech the gods for help in battle.
i never said guardians did holy damage (they practically do)

why keep mentioning the gods, i thought it was clear they NOT needed for holy damage..as in gw1 alot of "godless" classes did holy damage, charr shaman's, Dwarfs(who's god is the great dwarf), centaurs who hate all 2 legged, UNDEAD did holy damage, nd some were centaurs etc., even tengu did holy damage and healing.

there is so much that need to be re-included:holy/chaos/dark/cold/fire/earth/lighting/blunt/piercing/slashing etc. damage.

but hey i dont want this in game.

Edited by RAD, 28 November 2012 - 07:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users