ABOUT SOLIS ORTUS
Solis-ortus is a gaming community which is interested in a variety of games from First Person Shooters to MMORPG games. We are a relatively new community beginning just 2 months ago and still in our early stages of development and have decided that Guild Wars 2 is a game which we would like to expand into.
Our current Gaming campaigns are Combat Arms Europe & League of Legends with a few players from both of these playing Guild Wars 2.
WHAT WE OFFER
In Guild Wars 2 we have a clear set of criteria of what we would like to provide for the members of our community:
- PvX Guild – We do not believe in forcing people to play in a certain way, we want to be able to allow people to choose how they play the game.
- Administration – we will attempt to host competitions and events as often as possible to create an environment people can enjoy being part of.
- Mature Environment – We want to provide an environment where all the players know where the line is drawn. We are happy to accommodate everyone however we want to make sure all of our members enjoy themselves. We are very strict when it comes to the attitudes of players in our community affecting other people in the wider community (i.e. The game they play/our own forums and other forums/TeamSpeak servers)
- Tight-knit Community – We believe that a community that is too large can cause smaller groups to form and some of the community aspect is lost. Over time we may recruit more members but for now we will recruit a maximum of 30 players. Among these players will will also be recruiting 1 Game Moderator as follows our Charter which I will link below.
We provide a Teamspeak 3 Server, a Forum and Other Games!
We do not claim to be the best community, but we will try to provide what people ask for within our means as administrators.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
We expect all members to be mature and friendly, we do not mind people who want to joke around however we believe that every member should think about what they are saying before they say it. We are not a hardcore guild, myself nor the current members play 100% of the time and we play the game to enjoy ourselves. Whether it be WvWvW, PvP or PvE, we want to enjoy ourselves playing.
- We expect our members to be helpful and willing towards members of the guild. If someone is asking for help in-game and you know what they require, we want you, to the best of your ability, to help them. This is also true for players outside of our guild, if you are running past a downed player, we expect you to revive them, it takes just a few seconds of your time and whatever you are doing can wait.
- In both of these modes, no matter how badly we are losing or how hard we are winning, I would like our members to be modest. Sore losers are never fun to play with and sore winners are even worse. Losing is part of the game so take defeat gracefully! Of course, we will try our utmost hardest to win in WvWvW and PvP but when we do lose, we will take it as a lesson and not as an insult. As a community we want to be known for being fair, modest and mature gamers.
The above link shows you our recruitment process and also links to our Community Charter, a document which we would like to call our “code of conduct” as a community. It’s quite lengthy but you only really need to read section one and two.
If you have any questions about our guild or community you may sign up to our forums, email me or PM me on this forum.
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.solis-ortus.com:9990
Solis Ortus Website: http://solis-ortus.com/site/
Solis Ortus Forums: http://forums.solis-ortus.com
Email Contact: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can add me in game on “Shadstah”
So If you and your friends are looking for a place to be, maybe we can provide for you!
Edited by Shadstah, 11 November 2012 - 11:33 PM.