• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Shadd4r

Shadd4r

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

In order to have a bit more fun in the cluster* that is sPvP, so I decided to create an sPvP build based around dodging and kiting with dual pistols and would be interested to get some feedback on it.

The build: http://en.gw2skills....GbNuak1s YgxECA

Some of the main things I'm undecided on are:

- Deadly arts + Mug versus Trickery + Uncatchable
- What the best rune for this kind of build would be, I was thinking either Divinity or Air, or maybe a power rune to make up for the lack of Deadly Arts

Thanks for any feedback you can give!

#2 lorschy

lorschy

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PX]
  • Server:Abaddon’s Mouth

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

build link is empty for me

also i just tried P/P in the mists on medium golem , i was faster killing with clusterbomb than with P/P Unload spam.

Its so underwhelming.. . you need certain traits to deal damage, and a full unload does around 6k dmg "IF" you get a lot of crits AND are in full berserker .

It's really bad !

Also the traits that benefit P/P are so weak und scattered around 3 trees .. i mean WTF ???

I really dont know what the Devs thought by the initial design of P/P.

There was a time when you could dish out some Dmg with P/p + haste in beta, but since then nobody plays P/P anymore.

If there was a trait that would make PistoShots pierce like the one the ng has, it would perhaps be usefull but the way P/P is now, i doubt anybody will use it Pve AND Pvp wise.

#3 Rendar

Rendar

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

Doest really have the dodging like you asked, but this build is actually pretty decent in sPvP suprisingly.  

http://en.gw2skills....LLXOukctwYQx8CA

#4 Rrafaz

Rrafaz

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SF]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

View PostRendar, on 12 November 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

Doest really have the dodging like you asked, but this build is actually pretty decent in sPvP suprisingly.  

I really am not hoping this video is yours. First of all, most of these kills are either:

1. Gimmicky haste2win unloads on half-afk warriors and rangers;
2. Versus someone already half health, running away;
3. Or on someone in a team fight, not paying attention to you.

That's not even taking into consideration the matchups that include someone else coming into the fight and/or the one person tanking his haste2win unloads without dying are cut out. I swear I even saw him say "owned" at one point. Absolutely disgusting.

Edit: removed the spvp bit, as that what the OP was asking for.

Edited by Rrafaz, 13 November 2012 - 04:40 AM.

#5 Rendar

Rendar

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

View PostRrafaz, on 13 November 2012 - 04:36 AM, said:

I really am not hoping this video is yours. First of all, most of these kills are either:

Nope, not my vid.  Also, not saying P/P is a good spec, just in all the ones ive seen (and admit-ably tried just for kicks) this one was the most decent out of them.

#6 Isms

Isms

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

P/P is not exactly the best spec atm. It's not unusuable, it's just out-shined by hundreds of other specs atm. It's actually better most of the time to just spam SB (althouth probably not after patch). I however, have used P/P in tournament play when a roamer is required that can stay safe and kill fast. The problem with P/P is that is deals next to nothing to high toughness characters. If you try and kill a guardian with it, most of the time retaliation will kill you outright while he laughs and outheals you (even in berserker gear). Here's a spec though that's good at roaming against squishier teams:

#7 Psikerlord

Psikerlord

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

I seem to remember PP with lots of stealth utils and shadow arts traits worked well enough. EVentually however i swapped to SB as PP is single target only, and shortbow is both single target and AoE friendly, not to mention the evades and port SB offers. OVerall I just found SB a better all round set. Occasionally in a 1v1 i wish i had PP on instead of SB, but it is very rare. Typically when you want that burst dmg you switch out of SB and hit them with your other set (i tend to run sword/pistol lately).

Having said all that i might go back to PP for a change. I used to use dagger pistol with it, but now that i tend to use sword, perhaps sword can cover the AoE aspect (kinda....). Hmm.

Edited by Psikerlord, 21 November 2012 - 08:49 PM.

#8 crowsnest bomber

crowsnest bomber

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

U just can't compare cluster bomb spam to unload,  as cluster bomb is extremely hard to hit someone if there moving.. It's ground targeting skill with a bloody long travel time.. So if someone's running away, how exactly do u cluster bomb spam?

I've just picked up pp as my secondary set and it totally rocks..With my melee set till the target reaches 50pc health,  switch to pp,  hit sneak attack for 3k followed by a 6k unload as I'm moving out of danger.. Works incredibly well if u utilize pp with a melee set...  loads more fun than sb too
Anyway that's my opinion

#9 Siva

Siva

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

Edited.......

Edited by Siva, 24 November 2012 - 04:36 AM.

#10 Psikerlord

Psikerlord

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

View Postcrowsnest bomber, on 21 November 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

U just can't compare cluster bomb spam to unload,  as cluster bomb is extremely hard to hit someone if there moving.. It's ground targeting skill with a bloody long travel time.. So if someone's running away, how exactly do u cluster bomb spam?

I've just picked up pp as my secondary set and it totally rocks..With my melee set till the target reaches 50pc health,  switch to pp,  hit sneak attack for 3k followed by a 6k unload as I'm moving out of danger.. Works incredibly well if u utilize pp with a melee set...  loads more fun than sb too
Anyway that's my opinion
I agree Cb spam is not like PP unload for burst - unload is typically better. So i usually play the other way around - SB to get them down to half, then go sword/pistol for the burst = mug 3K plus haste PW or just PW for the burst. But I did try PP again lately. It can work, dont get me wrong, esp haste unload x2. And i like how sword/pistol and PP means always having pistol 4 on demand. But i tended to find the burst would get interrupted, while with PW burst you interrupt them, instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users