4 replies to this topic

#1 Satoncald

Satoncald

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

Hey guys.
Today I crafted my own knight's gear. I've been playing as a beserker cannon-glass for a while now and I'm sick and tired of getting owned before I manage to land a shot.
I'm also considering to buy the commander title so I can't set an example of exploding in people's face - because that's what cannon glass warriors do :P.
I've been using 20/30/0/0/20 classic build with the GS + Rifle/Hammer. I don't mind swapping weapons at this point as well as switching up my traits as long as i'll have more survivability without the a major loss of my damage.
My jewel set is berserker but I'm not sure if I'm gonna give it up yet, I can be flexible with the weapon stats.

So what am I asking here :
What runes should I use?
What traits should I use?
What weapons should I use?

In order to be able to deal sustained amount of damage (preferred with crits) and keep myself ALIVE.

If you have an idea, please leave a comment to help me out here :).

#2 Anzuri

Anzuri

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HIRE]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

Hey mate if you want to deal sustained damage I would recommend sticking with the hammer and maybe stick some points into defence not only for the toughness but those life saving skills.

But is also depends how you play. I run hammer gs and a survivability damage build. Run into groups, cc, damage, run back behind the lines or keep fighting if my team has joined. I find that the warrior is one of the best classes that can be tank (as much as tanky is allowed in this game) and still do decent damage. What you'll find in wvw is usually a ton a buffs being thrown around too that will give you an even extra boost otherwise you have your elite sigil

#3 Satoncald

Satoncald

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostAnzuri, on 13 November 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

Hey mate if you want to deal sustained damage I would recommend sticking with the hammer and maybe stick some points into defence not only for the toughness but those life saving skills.

But is also depends how you play. I run hammer gs and a survivability damage build. Run into groups, cc, damage, run back behind the lines or keep fighting if my team has joined. I find that the warrior is one of the best classes that can be tank (as much as tanky is allowed in this game) and still do decent damage. What you'll find in wvw is usually a ton a buffs being thrown around too that will give you an even extra boost otherwise you have your elite sigil

Can you share what kind of build you are using?

#4 Anzuri

Anzuri

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HIRE]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

http://gw2skills.net...AKbM2IsxajzGpNA

Did it on my phone so hope it works

Still tweaking but I find this suits my play style very well. That and I play on a low end machine so get huge machine lag in wvw plus oceanic lag so my character  needed to be extra tough. Armour is all pow bit tough, for accessories all knights with the knight jewel except for 1 pow tough vit earring which still has a knight jewel

View PostSatoncald, on 13 November 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

Can you share what kind of build you are using?

#5 Antithesis

Antithesis

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

I think alot of warriors have went through the same issues you are having.

IMO you are too aggressive and get too close with the rifle. I find that works best when I am just behind the charging line trying to pick targets that are already weakened. You get too close and there is nothing a gc can really do.

Knights armor is a good choice especially as you have no defense. You can still get a crit of 50+ but the bottom line is you are still around 20k health and will get squished. The difference in health between 19k and 22k is really nothing. So you are not going to have high crit and high health.

So really I think you need to choose a playing style ( dps or survivability ). Then maybe someone can chime in with build options.

Personally I have moved to more survivability. I dont use rifle much except for long range battles. Main axe/shield & gs. Swapped high crit/damage for more balance (3k attack,3k armor, 26k health, and 25% crit.) and condition control. Staying alive requires enough health to handle incoming damage with the ability to handle conditions, and of course escape skills/speed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warrior, build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users