Dream Proxy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[TS]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

recently had a revelation, for myself at least, when it comes to easy group bosses, some dungeon bosses, dragons, etc.

usually during those fights you don't want the trait X in dueling for clone-on-dodge, cause it messes up your 3 wardens or whatever phantasm set you have chipping away at the boss.  and then i realized i don't use many of my utilities during those fights (no real need for decoy since the boss hardly targets you, no real need for blink, no real need for mirror images or the other phantasms, since it would mess up your chip damage phantasms).  i'd switch to illusion of life just for the hell of it as one of my slots, since i sort of realized this before, but then it hit me when i looked at the traits...

--------------

crazy damage power setup for dragon-type bosses:

http://intothemists....9A;6sV2DsV2D5Bt

-------------

you don't even use the mantras; you just charge them up so their readied, that way you get the 4% damage bonus for each mantra.  then you go to sword/focus and use the #5 phantasmal warden, while targetting the dragons head.  after that you do some damage with your greatsword, switch back and summon another warden, etc, til you have all 3 wardens flying in mid-air doing massive damage.   the #5 wardens are also invincible from damage while in mid-air, so you never have to worry about making more.

once your set up with the 3 phantasms eating away at him, you just sit there on auto-attack with the GS until the dragon gets weakened and you run up with your sword, cast time-warp, and do blurred frenzy/summon an extra #5 warden in-between one of your other warden's attacks, then just slash away til he's unweakened.

edit:  i realize that the last 10 points in illusions would be better spent in something like power (specifically for a dragon fight), but i already spread my traits like that (10/30/0/0/30) for pretty much everything.  since i doubt people want to spend 3.5 silver every time they fight a dragon, i just left it like that-- and the XI trait in illusions/ II trait in dueling could be mildly helpful when the dragons summon minions (like jormag).

Edited by xxalucard, 12 November 2012 - 07:49 AM.

#2 Mister Stygian

Mister Stygian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

If you put phantasm on Jormag then let yourself fall, you can damage him the entire time during the second phase at no risk to yourself.   I put two duelist on him and one berserker then keep hitting him with confusion from the 1 downed skill until my life gets to about 1/3 then rez up and switch to attack before I fully heal.  As long as you are downed, you won't take any damge and your phantasms tear him to peices.

#3 Dream Proxy

Dream Proxy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[TS]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

that's an interesting fact-- i never realized being downed ignores the aura effect damage.

that said, i believe 3 phantasmal wardens (focus #5) do more damage than any other phantasm.  this includes the staff #3 wardens; i tested using them against teq, and they were doing significantly less damage than the focus #5 wardens.  this was during the afternoon (eastern time) on the weekend, with at least 100 people inflicting nearly 25 stacks of every possible condition.  in theory you'd think the staff phantasm would be stronger since it does 10% more damage based on conditions...but... nope :(.  they also seemed to only spawn on the ground (despite me targeting the dragon's head), so they also got killed every now and then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users