One potential concern about Ascended as a gear level is that it becomes mandatory : groups where all members have Ascended stats outcompete players operating at the Exotic level, either steamrolling (in WvWvW), or refusing to run groups that have lower stats and can't trivialize the content. Much of that distinction, in either event, relies on gear bonuses having a real or perceived difference in real-world situations. We don't yet have an idea of what the full Ascended gear tier will look like, but with the release of the first Ascended rings it's possible to project rough estimates of what some possible numbers will look like.
Some Caveats :
1) Projections are just that: projections. And not ones based on a terribly large amount of evidence. We've no idea how many of these items will look, and if they do they'll almost certainly not have stats looking like these. ((I'd personally expect to see less and less Precision, due to trait interaction.))
2) The numbers that do exist come from the gw2db.com page, not experimental observation. There's always a chance I transposed a digit or misunderstood a value -- part of the reason I bring the matter up here.
3) The focus on Berserker is a thought experiment; most folk aren't going to use this setup, or they'll die. A lot.
4) I've left out the back slot: the costs are out-of-whack and the numbers fairly small. Yes, that increases the likely inaccuracy since I'm projecting entire sets from just the rings, but I'd rather have little data than data that's obviously weird. Same goes for the briefly bumped Legendary Weapons.
5) I didn't give Agony Resistance a look. No idea its prevalence, and thus no idea its value.
6) I'm not a hardcore numbercruncher. It's likely I've converted something incorrectly, either through retyping or in the math itself.
The central spreadsheet's here
. Thoughts? Interests? Surprises?
MOD EDIT: I've merged this topic with an already existing Ascended thread due to the fact that there were too many parallels between the 2.
Edited by Shadok, 17 November 2012 - 12:40 AM.