#1 BarbieQFreak

BarbieQFreak

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PAN]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

And I like to keep a shortbow on hand as my secondary. Always.

My primary was S/P, is now D/D, and might flipflop back and forth depending on my degree of insanity.

So I currently follow Shadow's advice, and mix 4 pieces rampager with 2 berserker and full berserker jewelry.

I also have already bought exotic rampager coat/leggings.

Is it viable to mix and match gears like this? If not is it worth the gold to swap those rampager pieces to berserker?

And which runes would you all recommend?

#2 zp3dd4

zp3dd4

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

I'm personally not a big fan of mixing gear. If I'm going to be a physical damage glass cannon, I might as well be full glass with all berserker gear. I don't see much point in getting some rampaged gear, where the condition damage won't even tick, since they are dead.

#3 Ryden Lotus

Ryden Lotus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Wait until after the Lost Shore patch. You may be able to skip exotics and go straight to ascended gear, which is said to be more powerful.

#4 sanctuaire

sanctuaire

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

^ +1

wait for the upcoming patch before buying.
new gears are incoming. also the rumored new tier between exotics and legendaries

#5 Virroo

Virroo

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Blacktide

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Uhm...as far as i can read, they wont release full gear yet just rings and back slot item. "This is just the beginning. In November, we’re only adding the first level of Infusions and Ascended Rings and Back slots" (infusions are something like enchants). So imo just buy exotic gear because You will get bored anyway and quit the game before they drop some new gear. Also if iam not wrong, You will be able to get new gear in new dungeon only (just back item will be craftable in the mist). So it will take month or more to release new gear, and then you will have to farm it in dungeon so just buy whatever You want now.

Answering You question...i did it this way: Just get full zerk gear with scholar runes for pvp (whatever weapon you use), and mix of valk/knight armor with some tanky runes for pve. Then you can also use tanky set for pvp if needed. Switch zerk to rampage if you are using condition build.

Sorry for my english and have a nice day :).

Edited by Virroo, 13 November 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#6 Rachmani

Rachmani

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

I love how everyone assumes ascenced gear will be handed out for free.
It'll be 3 slots only - back & rings - and personally, I don't think the guys that run CoF path 1+2 but never 3 (because it's so difficult) are the target group of ascended gear.

To answer your question: Get full berserker gear. Especially as D/D stealth will protect you most of the time.

Edited by Rachmani, 13 November 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#7 sanctuaire

sanctuaire

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

when in the previous posts did it say that the new gear was free?

suggestions to wait were made before linsey murdock gave details,
and now, since the initial rolllout is just for rings/back only, continue on with exotics.

as for which type, go with the one that compliments the build you use most.
since its very easy to chance major traits/weaps.. and very cheap to do a full retrait,
opted for multiple armor sets instead, went with farming first, since it financed the others.

also note that armor type is better planned along runes and the build.
for example in farming, full explo + trav/pirate/scav/noble can easily get tag farming done if you
are traited for power; if not, might find that zerk + trav/scav/pirate/noble work better instead

#8 BarbieQFreak

BarbieQFreak

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

So as far as I can tell from Virroo's post, I should double stack power and cover all the other stats except condition damage?

Hm.

And I've traited 25 in power, Sanctuaire. I think I could run a full set of Explorers..

#9 Arewn

Arewn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1069 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

The only ascended gear is going to be rings and back slot, feel free to buy other slots freely if you're going for the stats. Unless your aim is the new skins, you can ignore the other comments saying wait for the patch.

#10 BarbieQFreak

BarbieQFreak

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

So, in your opinion, should I just go full zerkers with ruby orbs or something, or maybe buy an Explorer's (magifind) set first?

#11 Virroo

Virroo

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Blacktide

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

You dont need magic find exotic set. Rare is enough since both give 3% and its cheap. Just exotic gems on trinkets give 1% more but it can be ignored. Also dont waste gold for rare mf trinkets, masterworks are enough. As You told, feel free to start with mf gear since its cheap then farm gold in orr events. Then buy "normal gear". For mf gear buy 5 runes of pirate and 1 of traveler. You will have 30% mf from trinkets, 18% from armors, 3% from shortbow, 35% from runes, 30% from food and 15% from sigil stacks. 131% mf is enough. Get one weapon with sigil of luck and stack it then swap to traveler shortbow with sigil of fire for more aoe and just farm events, always spam people to invite You to farming party, it helps alot. Also i dont think its good idea to use mf gear in dungeon. Just for de farming.

Berserker trinkets and weapons are solid since they are both used in pvp (d/d, s/d etc) and pve (s/p). If You wanna pvp then get zerk armor set for some glassy build (d/d for example). For pve get mix of valk/knight or just valk set (i prefer mix). You can also use pve armors for some tanky pvp build. I just gave You example. First...think what You want to use. ignore zerk gear if You want to use condition build etc. Also for pvp You can ignore runes and just use zerk rare gems on armors, they are kinda solid.

Edit: Dont waste more days for asking people what to buy, just buy what You want and use it. You can farm up to 3-5 gold/h in orr events (usually 3~). So You will be able to buy every set You want. So dont worry if You buy something wrong.

I guess You will ask for gold farming so let me say my way before You ask ;). I run in Cursed Shore between Penitent waypoint and Shelter's gate waypoint events. Use cheap salvage kit for salvage trash, sell white and blue items to npc. You can try to mist forge greens or just npc them. Use yellow salvage kit for rare items. Thats my way.  Salvaging white, blue and green is almost always a waste.

Edit2: Farm for 1-2h then do 30mins breakto avoid anti farm code. You will know soon enough what build You want to use. Just play and have fun :).

Yes yes i know my english is bad but iam sure its readable :D

Have a nice day.

Edited by Virroo, 17 November 2012 - 11:46 AM.

#12 BarbieQFreak

BarbieQFreak

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

ahh I see. Thanks for the tips (: any advice on runes for my armor?

#13 Stellarthief

Stellarthief

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

Orbs are much cheaper than runes and are still highly effective. I recommend going for those instead of runes.  

And don't listen to those saying wait for ascended gear. Makes no sense, you will be waiting for months and several hundred hours of grind/dungeons to skip from rare to ascended.

#14 Vexd

Vexd

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Don't wait for ascended, currently it's only a couple of items and the rest is subject to change, one thing for sure is that it's only a gear progression for you if you're into running FotM on level 10+.

Get your exotics, and love em and transmute em etc. I just finished full berserker's on my thief and havin' fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users