A new blog post from Linsey Murdock describes some of the new "Ascended" gear coming to Guild Wars 2 in the upcoming November update and why it's being introduced. This has become an incredibly hot topic the moment it came out of the oven. Players have stated concerns about future gear progression as well as the role the new infusion slots will have in the game.
You can read this blog post on the Guild Wars 2 official website here, but here's a quick summary for those looking for some answers.
- There will be a new monster condition called "Agony", which is where the new infusion slots come into play.
- Players must "infuse" to protect against this deadly new ailment.
- Infusion slots come in Offensive, Defensive, and Omni protective varieties.
- In terms of rarity, Ascended items fall between Exotic and Legendary.
- Currently, Ascended items only come in the form of rings and back slots, but there's room to expand in the future.
How do you feel about the introduction of a new tier of gear to the game? What about the new Fractal dungeons or Agony? Tell us what you think below!