192 replies to this topic

#151 Gli

Gli

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1026 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostDaesu, on 14 November 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

It is not hard, it is just a grind to do the exploration paths in the dungeon over a few days when in GW1, I could already get my maxed weapon and armor upon completing the game.
I've never even done a single explorable dungeon path, because it seems like an exceedingly boring way to get gear that looks ten kinds of awful to begin with.

In GW2, I crafted full sets of exotic armor and weapons for all 3 of my characters so far, upon reaching level 80 with them, paid for exclusively with drops and a bit of TP meddling. I'm not the luckiest guy the world when it comes to making money in games: the only drops I ever got that were more than 1g were area completion exotics. I just kill and loot every last creature I come across, and harvest every node. I don't farm at all, or replay any content. I travel from place to place, completing areas, and doing events when I come across them.

What I did do is manage my earnings, and play competently. For example, I never ever paid to have armor repaired until I was decked out in exotics. I just don't let myself be defeated often enough, and always manage to upgrade my armor before it starts breaking down. Repairs became inevitable when I stopped upgrading of course. I don't consider armor repairs a gold sink, I consider it an incompetence tax. I also turned karma into gold by crafting beaded items. It never was an amazing income generator by a long shot, but it got me gold in the pocket.

I really can't see how people can't easily afford exotics in this game, unless they're either not trying, or rushing and skipping money making opportunities. Money is really easy to make, practically everything you do generates money.

#152 Daesu

Daesu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1344 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NPO]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

View PostSpecialz, on 14 November 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

I m curious when did you start playing guild wars 1?

Anyways, collector weapons usually required grinding for materials and most of the weapons that did dropped usually were awful on their on and cost a lot as well. Getting armor required having platinum which was hard to get initially. Getting runes required lot and lots of grinding especially vigor again did it for a whole summer got only like 1 or 2 out of many gold drops. Getting weapons with the proper requirement require grinding and hoping something drops so you can salvage and mix and match and the weapons. Nothing was more awesome than getting a defensive +4, when you are going for hale +30 or even insightful + 5.

I played GW1 ever since it was released.  No you don't need to grind for material, you already have the materials as loot just from playing the game then exchange them for collector's weapons and armors.  Platinum is not hard to get (see previous posts).  Getting max weapon and max armor doesn't require grinding, you just need to play the game instead of getting runs.

Edited by Daesu, 14 November 2012 - 11:45 PM.

#153 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

View Postdeitiesforce, on 14 November 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

all great theories come from critical thinking and opinions, your point?

Those theories are based on something more than nothing at all.

#154 Daesu

Daesu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1344 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

View PostGli, on 14 November 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

I've never even done a single explorable dungeon path, because it seems like an exceedingly boring way to get gear that looks ten kinds of awful to begin with.

That is because you have opted for the more expensive path through crafting.

In GW2, I crafted full sets of exotic armor and weapons for all 3 of my characters so far, upon reaching level 80 with them, paid for exclusively with drops and a bit of TP meddling. I'm not the luckiest guy the world when it comes to making money in games: the only drops I ever got that were more than 1g were area completion exotics. I just kill and loot every last creature I come across, and harvest every node. I don't farm at all, or replay any content. I travel from place to place, completing areas, and doing events when I come across them.

What I did do is manage my earnings, and play competently. For example, I never ever paid to have armor repaired until I was decked out in exotics. I just don't let myself be defeated often enough, and always manage to upgrade my armor before it starts breaking down. Repairs became inevitable when I stopped upgrading of course. I don't consider armor repairs a gold sink, I consider it an incompetence tax. I also turned karma into gold by crafting beaded items. It never was an amazing income generator by a long shot, but it got me gold in the pocket.

I really can't see how people can't easily afford exotics in this game, unless they're either not trying, or rushing and skipping money making opportunities. Money is really easy to make, practically everything you do generates money.

I have 5 level 80s to feed.  Like I said, I needed to save up my gold which I have spent through the many gold sinks in GW2.  Short of buying gems, I am still too poor to fully deck out all my level 80s with exotics.

Edited by Daesu, 14 November 2012 - 11:50 PM.

#155 Specialz

Specialz

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

View PostDaesu, on 14 November 2012 - 11:45 PM, said:

I played GW1 ever since it was released.  No you don't need to grind for material, you already have the materials as loot just from playing the game then exchange them for collector's weapons and armors.  Platinum is not hard to get (see previous posts).  Getting max weapon and max armor doesn't require grinding, you just need to play the game instead of getting runs.

Platinum was hard to get, you needed at least 11 platinum if you intended to buy weapon (from collector)+armor. Then another big sum if you needed runes and other customizations (which together were a big part of your stats). As compared to leveling crafting and gathering to get the EXACT stats you want in guild wars 2.

Edited by Specialz, 14 November 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#156 Gli

Gli

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1026 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

View PostDaesu, on 14 November 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

That is because you have opted for the more expensive path through crafting.
I consider my time and enjoyment part of the cost. Even if crafting were to cost me twice as much as it does now, I'd still consider it much less expensive than scrounging for dungeon tokens.

View PostDaesu, on 14 November 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

I have 5 level 80s to feed.  Like I said, I needed to save up my gold which I have spent through the many gold sinks in GW2.
What are these many gold sinks? I can only think of WP costs.

Also, what does it matter how many characters you have? My characters all take care of themselves and make me money. No character costs me money.

Edited by Gli, 14 November 2012 - 11:53 PM.

#157 deitiesforce

deitiesforce

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DA]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

View PostRed_Falcon, on 14 November 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

Those theories are based on something more than nothing at all.

What you say is right. But I think people are more pissed off at being lied to than really having some new armor. The armor is treadmill or not is really up for how you interpret it and the players themselves. People are mad because when they bought the game, ANet specially talked about this problem and now they went back to change it. ANet advertised that gear is not important and that's the core value of this game. I'm still gonna wait for the weekend and then judge. But ANet clearly lied about to the players and there's no denying about that.

View PostGli, on 14 November 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

I consider my time and enjoyment part of the cost. Even if crafting were to cost me twice as much as it does now, I'd still consider it much less expensive than scrounging for dungeon tokens.

Also, what does it matter how many characters you have? My characters all take care of themselves and make me money. No character costs me money.

There are also armor repair fee, trait changing fee, TP service fee

Edited by deitiesforce, 14 November 2012 - 11:56 PM.

#158 Daesu

Daesu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1344 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

View PostSpecialz, on 14 November 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

Platinum was hard to get, you needed at least 11 platinum if you intended to buy weapon (from collector)+armor. Then another big sum if you needed runes and other customizations (which together were a big part of your stats). As compared to leveling crafting and gathering to get the EXACT stats you want in guild wars 2.

What?  Why would you pay plats to a collector for weapon?  You pay them with trophies that you have collected from loot.  Are you sure you understand how collectors work in GW1?  Runes are also easy to get besides superior vigor.

Crafting is a big gold sink because 99% of the time the ingredients that you use to craft an item, are worth more than the crafted item itself.

Edited by Daesu, 15 November 2012 - 12:05 AM.

#159 Raytla

Raytla

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KotA]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

View PostChava Blue, on 13 November 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

That's exactly it, though. Intentions don't always match what we find out when we actually have boots on the ground. Something that sounded great as an abstract ideal may turn out not to be practical, or not to work as expected.

If ANet realized that something was causing serious problems for the majority of the playerbase, would you want them to ignore customer feedback because they felt chained to the manifesto? That would be professional suicide.

Please note, this is different than saying, "I liked what they said in the manifesto better than I like what they're saying now." That's a totally valid comment. What I'm saying is that we can't treat the manifesto as something utterly set in stone no matter what they feel would more benefit the game at the time.

I always read the manifesto as hopes for the game, rather than promises. It's a statement about their broader thoughts on game design, not a contractual agreement. The manifesto had some great ideas, but when you actually have to run the game rather than just imagining yourselves running it, things change.

Where did you come from?!  Ahem to you!  I wholeheartedly agree with this post.  Things change and if you didn't expect things from the manifesto to change then you've just disappointed yourself.  The game designer even said, that people exceed there expectations and they achieved legendary's that were suppose to be a long time goal within a few days of release and/or months.  Of course they are going to change things they still want people to play the game.  

What i find is that people didn't actually read what the game designer had posted.  They jump to what they deem as the most horrifying thing ever and change and twist things out of fear.  They are afraid that GW2 will become WOW 2.0 in terms of gear treadmill.   I believe she (designer) also mentioned that Ascended was meant for a later time not this early, but because players were getting all these things done so soon and fast they had to act to please these dedicated players (hardcore gamers).

#160 Daesu

Daesu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1344 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

View PostGli, on 14 November 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

WP costs, repair costs, resurrection cost (which is part of waypoint cost), listing fee in tp, transaction fee in tp, cost to level up crafting, trait books costs, costs to reset traits every time you change your build, etc.

I can only play 1 character at any one time and I spread my time between them.  To be equally fair, I should get exotics for all of them, not just for one.

Edited by Daesu, 15 November 2012 - 12:06 AM.

#161 Var

Var

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1313 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostFeatherman, on 14 November 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

Now is really the time for them to elaborate on the specifics of these drops. When you give people only a small amount of this type of information they're of course going to jump to conclusions. Personally from what I've read about, I already dislike the system with my very being. The infusion system is enforcing a negative type of progression. Instead of getting stronger you're getting less weak. And also sounds like they're topping the system off with RNG. Lovely.

With the more recent post, I'm starting to feel better about this and also think I have an idea as to what they are going for here. Allow me to elaborate:

1.) Ascended Gear will come in two types: that which is easy to obtain (put the plateau very much in reach for everyone as per the manifesto's claims) but likely without an infusion slot and one that comes with an infusion slot which is either dungeon limited or just harder on the scale of attainability from other sources.

2.) Infusion will be purely PvE and these fractal-style dungeons related. It lets min/maxing happen without ever touching the rest of the game world. It also allows them to tune events in such a way as to make them punish certain infusion "sortings" forcing people to have skills rather than just pure "infused 10000000%". (Consider the scenario where you can pass a fractal by having defense out the ass, but the next fractal lands you in a timed environment where your lack of damage makes you lose. This could be a way to encourage people to think (build) before setting foot into the fractal rotation.)

3.) Doing the Fractals completely will not require ascended infusion (exotic would suffice) gear until several levels down and Fractals scale to the lowest common denominator*.
*Important: This means that when/if you hit a gear wall on Agony and cannot possibly progress further, this sort of system "in theory" encourages you to run lower progressed players through the lower tiers. Giving yourself: opportunity at more gear, more rewards, and more infusion to help you leap over the boundary you hit.

4.) No content is barred from any player to experience at least several times, the repetition of content is barred from players who do not feel like grinding but even then they can access the content by helping people at levels where neither Agony nor difficulty is too much for them. (So, its like being able to run a raid, complete it, and then the raid double in difficulty. You can do it if you want, but you've already experienced it and the story, so you've consumed the content.)

In the end, it doesn't sound that bad... but I dread the possibility of the same sort of power creep that gutted Guild Wars.

PS: Infusion slots can be used to give particle "buffs" to armor for higher and higher fractal depths, so that people can have their carrot to chase and ways of showing off their "leetness"... they'd still lose in sPvP or WvW (the latter of which should and would have access to easily reached Ascended through badges).

PPS: There's definitely mis-information going around. If you never logged in from start to seven years later into the game of Guild Wars, while, yes, your armor and weapon would have never dwindled in stats, your skills most certainly would have and you would be lacking the much more powerful PvE skills. Guild Wars 1 experienced a very obvious, very brutal power creep starting with Factions and culminating into a total PvE grindpocalypse with EotN.

Edited by Var, 15 November 2012 - 12:04 AM.

#162 MeltyLotus

MeltyLotus

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Lack of players can be solved by merging servers. They need to merge them so there's active players at both day and night. Right now it only seems dead because they split everything up.

So for me on the east coast if I can only play in the evening there won't be anyone on and the zones are empty. You can't really do anything without other players around. Its suppose to be soloable but you need players to create DEs and complete them.

In GW1 if there weren't American players around I would play with Europeans or Asians. But with all the servers everything is too divided. Rather go back to having overflows. At least you can find people.

#163 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

View Postdeitiesforce, on 14 November 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

What you say is right. But I think people are more pissed off at being lied to

Where is the lie exactly?
The Ascended complaint isn't different than the Exotic complaint at release.

Anet never said there wouldn't be tiers or gear progression, they said there wouldn't be mandatory grinds; and so far I've never had to grind.
It seems to me people are just twisting their words to their likings.

I find it funny that people are so happy with farming Plinx over and over for whatever amenity they want, but they are not happy of a dungeon with different content everytime you step in, different difficulty, different bosses.

#164 Gli

Gli

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1026 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

View PostDaesu, on 14 November 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

WP costs, repair costs, resurrection cost (which is part of waypoint cost), listing fee in tp, transaction fee in tp, cost to level up crafting, trait books costs, costs to reset traits every time you change your build, etc.
The one-time costs are irrelevant, their percentile influence on capital approaches zero as you keep playing the same character. TP fees pay for themselves through the income the sales generate. Which leaves WP costs, which I mentioned, trait reset costs, which are paid for by selling 2 pieces of green loot, and armor repair costs, which can be minimized by competent play. Not a lot of gold sinks in my opinion. Nothing that keeps me from accumulating gold at a much faster rate than I can find uses to spend it on, anyway.

Edited by Gli, 15 November 2012 - 12:13 AM.

#165 Daesu

Daesu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1344 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

View PostGli, on 15 November 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

The one-time costs are irrelevant, their percentile influence on capital approaches zero as you keep playing the same character. TP fees pay for themselves through the income the sales generate. Which leaves WP costs, which I mentioned, trait reset costs, which are paid for by selling 2 pieces of green loot, and armor repair costs, which can be minimized by competent play. Not a lot of gold sinks in my opinion. Nothing that keeps me from accumulating gold at a much faster rate than I can find uses to spend it on, anyway.

1 time Wp cost at level 80 would about equal to the price of 1 high level green (i.e. typically 1s30+c or so).  2 pieces of green loot would only pay for 2 wp opportunities.

And the one time costs for 5 characters are high enough to put me back at least 15.5g just considering the adept/master/grandmaster manuals.  Since I like to experiment and reset traits often, that puts me back even further.

Edited by Daesu, 15 November 2012 - 12:23 AM.

#166 chuckles79

chuckles79

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1685 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FANG]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

I was expecting another chicken little thread, but this was well thought out despite the incendiary title.

I think it's a little early to panic about ascended gear, as they clearly felt that they should have added a tier in there that was not craft-able or easy to earn from 3 nights of doing dungeon runs.

Take this page http://wiki.guildwar...rge/Other_Items

There are exotics that take 80 times the effort as other exotics, but I can craft an exotic with 42 ori, 5 ecto, 30 Ancient wood, and 5 of a lvl 6 mat.  Achievable in two nights of farming in Orr.
Compare to Jormag's Breath, 1 eldritch scroll, 50 mystic coins (not too bad yet, 100 orichalcum sword blades(600 ori ores, or 18G), and 50 corrupted lodestones (5g-10g)

Those should not be in the same tier, so hopefully we'll see those kind of expensive items become ascended.

#167 Scorpion

Scorpion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

So since this is only the first level in Nov, we don't know when exactly or at what stats the max will stop at until everything released for the rings and back? Can't believe I wasted 5g on two rings the day before all of this information was released.

#168 I'm Squirrel

I'm Squirrel

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DPS]

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

DSFmkflmeqlkmq. What?

Platinum was hard to get? .. . .  . By the time you finish either EOTN, Factions, or Nightfall, you'd have at least 20k in your storage.

Prophecies eh.. is a whole different story, campaign-wise. But, it still was easy as hell to make platinum.

1. You could run people places, 500g-5k a run(per person)
2. You could do underworld or FOW, 1 glob of ecto back then was like 8-10k.
3. Run Domain of Anguish, 1 gem = at MINIMUM = 1k
4. Sell items, from missions, dungeons, = make at least 3k, sell items to players, make at least 10k, etc.
5. Not even gonna bother with #5, making money in GW1 was extremely EASY

Looking at my GW1 main, my paragon, with 1000 hours playtime, he has 8 prestige elite armor, all the destroyer weapons, 3 tormented weapons, 100k(max) in storage, all black dyed armor pieces.
+ All eight of my characters have high-end max armor, + runes etc etc.

....Looking at my GW2 account: 250 hours playtime = 56 silver. I don't have max armor or weapons, nor do I have any superior runes. Not once have I had over 2 gold.

#169 Specialz

Specialz

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

View PostI, on 15 November 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

DSFmkflmeqlkmq. What?

Platinum was hard to get? .. . .  . By the time you finish either EOTN, Factions, or Nightfall, you'd have at least 20k in your storage.

If you were not paying attention, i was taking about release time,  So everything you listed after "platinum was hard to get?"... didn't really exist. Guild wars 1 at release its a whole different game that after those 3 "expansions".

Edited by Specialz, 15 November 2012 - 01:26 AM.

#170 Ghostwing

Ghostwing

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

View PostRed_Falcon, on 15 November 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

Where is the lie exactly?
The Ascended complaint isn't different than the Exotic complaint at release.

Anet never said there wouldn't be tiers or gear progression, they said there wouldn't be mandatory grinds; and so far I've never had to grind.
It seems to me people are just twisting their words to their likings.

At release, exotic stats were the same as legendary stats. Legendaries were meant to have the best stats. They didn't give any indication that the current legendary stats would be upgraded down the road. So at the very least, it was misleading to have exotic gear to initially be at parity with legendaries until they decided there should be another tier two months later.

Per the blog article:

https://www.guildwar...asures-success/

"The rarest items in the game are not more powerful than other items, so you don’t need them to be the best. The rarest items have unique looks to help your character feel that sense of accomplishment, but it’s not required to play the game. We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too."

I bought the game based on this statement.

The only way they can justify this statement and upgrade the current legendary stats is by adding another set of items that aren't as hard to obtain as legendaries. It's a silly loophole that, logically, doesn't make any sense. So they can keep making the "rarest items"(legendaries) more powerful than the current easy-to-obtain tier by adding another better, easy-to-obtain tier. And continually adding tiers that are more powerful than the previous tier is the very definition of a mandatory gear treadmill.

Now I know they promised this is the last tier. The question is, why not just have the current tier be the last tier? Why add another tier? People who have gotten legendaries knew they would not have better stats.

Edited by Ghostwing, 15 November 2012 - 01:36 AM.

#171 Specialz

Specialz

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

View PostDaesu, on 15 November 2012 - 12:18 AM, said:

1 time Wp cost at level 80 would about equal to the price of 1 high level green (i.e. typically 1s30+c or so).  2 pieces of green loot would only pay for 2 wp opportunities.

And the one time costs for 5 characters are high enough to put me back at least 15.5g just considering the adept/master/grandmaster manuals.  Since I like to experiment and reset traits often, that puts me back even further.
WP only comes into play if you decide to WP hop across the world. I on average only leave port if I know I am going to make a lot more money which only happens when i m attacking grenth or arah. To get to LA, you got to the mist. To craft or use mystic forge you go to WvW or even reset traits which is something you shouldn't be making a habit of all can be done in WvW.

So WP cost doesn't come into effect unless you make it an issue by unnecessarily porting. If you don't manage your gold well you get broke. Also if you want to experiment, why not use a build calculator and actually plan it out because and even still its only 2-3s which is just 2 events in orr not including drops. just to add most drastic build change usually involves changing all your gear, so if you are not doing that then you are not really changing anything meaningful.

Edited by Specialz, 15 November 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#172 Resolve

Resolve

Sylvari Specialist

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

No it wasn't. especially after release. There were so many insanely good farming spots.

#173 Daesu

Daesu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1344 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

View PostSpecialz, on 15 November 2012 - 01:34 AM, said:

WP only comes into play if you decide to WP hop across the world. I on average only leave port if I know I am going to make a lot more money which only happens when i m attacking grenth or arah. To get to LA, you got to the mist. To craft or use mystic forge you go to WvW or even reset traits which is something you shouldn't be making a habit of all can be done in WvW.

So WP cost doesn't come into effect unless you make it an issue by unnecessarily porting. If you don't manage your gold well you get broke. Also if you want to experiment, why not use a build calculator and actually plan it out because and even still its only 2-3s which is just 2 events in orr not including drops. just to add most drastic build change usually involves changing all your gear, so if you are not doing that then you are not really changing anything meaningful.

Yeah but you want to test it out in a real PvE environment.  Orr is such a pain to run through and some times I am just so sick of fighting risen after risen that I just wp through instead of running, to keep my sanity.  But the personal storyline just keeps making you run all over.  I have not completed the personal story for some of my characters.

Edited by Daesu, 15 November 2012 - 02:10 AM.

#174 Resolve

Resolve

Sylvari Specialist

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

Maybe Anet will introduce Pay 2 Win elements into the cash shop next?

God that would be hilarious.

#175 CalmLittleBuddy

CalmLittleBuddy

Sylvari Specialist

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JQQ]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

View PostRabidusIncendia, on 14 November 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

You're right, we should just take it up the ass.  Thinking game companies will do what they want despite what they said is completely realistic.  Thinking they won't listen to the people they pissed off if there's enough of them is not.

There's the spirit!

Just a piece of life advice, if little things like this are 'taking it up the ass', you shouldn't get involved in anything more hazardous that puppet shows. This isn't the Arab Spring. It's a few item adjustments in a game with no real impact on playing.

View PostFeatherman, on 14 November 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

Now is really the time for them to elaborate on the specifics of these drops. When you give people only a small amount of this type of information they're of course going to jump to conclusions. Personally from what I've read about, I already dislike the system with my very being. The infusion system is enforcing a negative type of progression. Instead of getting stronger you're getting less weak. And also sounds like they're topping the system off with RNG. Lovely.

Not sure if parody, but thanks for the laughs!

You didn't really laugh, which makes you a liar. Liars are always the first ones to complain. And being smarmy is usually a cover for low education and poor self esteem. You know why this bothers you so much? Because you've never suffered a REAL tragedy.

#176 Mootillay

Mootillay

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

Sorry, platinum wasn't hard to get in GW1, at least in the quantities required for top tier gear.  If you wanted top tier cosmetics, i.e. obsidian armor, then you were in for a grind.  Although, using gimmick farming builds like 600 monking made this process considerably easier in the early days and platinum was very easy to come by circa 4th anniversary.

#177 XionValkyrie

XionValkyrie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

View PostGhostwing, on 15 November 2012 - 01:34 AM, said:

Now I know they promised this is the last tier. The question is, why not just have the current tier be the last tier? Why add another tier? People who have gotten legendaries knew they would not have better stats.

The current exotics are too easy to get.   There's nothing to work for between the current level of exotics and super exotics/legendaries for most players.   A lot of the dungeon armors look ugly so there's not an incentive to get them for their skins either.

They can't go ahead and make the current exotics harder to get as that'd just piss off way too many players and would involve way too drastic of a change.    Notice they're only introducing 2 slots for ascended items this item.  They also said they'd roll out the rest of the ascended items over a period of time.   This means that in between each update the power level between those who have the new gear within the first week vs those who take their time to get it would not be too drastic.   A casual player might take a month or 2 longer to get the new ascended stuff, but the stat difference will be insignificant enough to not matter much for PvP.

#178 Ghostwing

Ghostwing

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

View PostXionValkyrie, on 15 November 2012 - 02:59 AM, said:

The current exotics are too easy to get.   There's nothing to work for between the current level of exotics and super exotics/legendaries for most players.   A lot of the dungeon armors look ugly so there's not an incentive to get them for their skins either.

They can't go ahead and make the current exotics harder to get as that'd just piss off way too many players and would involve way too drastic of a change. Notice they're only introducing 2 slots for ascended items this item.  They also said they'd roll out the rest of the ascended items over a period of time.   This means that in between each update the power level between those who have the new gear within the first week vs those who take their time to get it would not be too drastic.   A casual player might take a month or 2 longer to get the new ascended stuff, but the stat difference will be insignificant enough to not matter much for PvP.

Define difficulty to obtain gear. Are you just talking about time investment farming?

#179 Nox_Aeterna

Nox_Aeterna

Sylvari Specialist

• Members
  • 773 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

View PostGhostwing, on 15 November 2012 - 03:11 AM, said:

Define difficulty to obtain gear. Are you just talking about time investment farming?

Honestly , that is Anet way of doing this , same goes for legendary.

It is "hard" to get, not because of skill but because of time invested , same will most likely be on this gear.

Nothing bad on it , what people want is something to eat their time. Well this gear is gonna swallow it whole.

#180 Specialz

Specialz

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

View PostResolve, on 15 November 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

No it wasn't. especially after release. There were so many insanely good farming spots.
We can go back and forth about how whether or not it was hard, I thought it was hard and I thought it was hard for me to get enough buy to buy gear. But hey since we can't turn back time to 7 years ago how about we just accept it wasn't "hard".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users