• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Drunkscottsman

Drunkscottsman

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

I just made this build to combine support, survivability and decent raw attack damage.

http://gw2skills.net...GrNObk2sCZEyGEA

That is my build. Utilizing the banners to help allies on points and team fighting as well as having balanced stance and Last Chance when some forms of CC are done to me. Added in the respective banner traits and stances last 25% longer.

Tell me how I could improve my build. I don't really care for crit chance in this particular build. I want maximum Survivability and raw damage without sacrificing the 30 points in tactics.

#2 Isms

Isms

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

This build is really only going to be good in very long fights at mid. The problem with the banner healing build, is that it applies regen constantly at your healing power. This means that any other regen from anyone on your team is not stacking in intensity, only duration (which is already infinite with banners practically), rendering their regeneration skills useless, or better yet, your banners not needed.

Another thing is the dolyak runes, these are all kinds of terrible. Don't ever expect these to pay off. If you want tankiness, go earth runes or melandru runes. Melandru runes are incredibly strong, as -10% condition duration is all that's needed to remove an entire tick from most bleeds, burns, etc. (that's about 20% less auto attack dmg for rangers, for example).

Another mistake you've made, is you put multiple sigils with procs on them. EVERY SIGIL that procs (on weapon swap, on crit) shares a cooldown. Therefore, only one of your sigils is even working at a time.

Your choice of Greatsword really doesn't bring much to the table. The greatsword is a pure damage dealing weapon, and you aren't built for dealing any damage. You'll want to focus on CC and staying alive if you want to be a group-fight warrior, as you can build for tankiness and your CC abilities won't be hindered by lacking stats such as precision.

As a power dpser, you HAVE to rely on crit, otherwise you'll get weakness on you and you'll just get glancing after glancing blow. If you can't burst players down, they always will have a way to escape and heal back up. If you want to go the tanky right, i'd suggest utilizing the warrior's traits that give +crit% outside of pure precision. You want to look at traits like (%50 crit-chance against stunned opponents), or (+10% sword crit).

I'm sending you one of my personal builds that I don't really share with anyone. It's gonna allow you to bring with you a soldier's amulet and stay extremely tanking, and give you a small period when you can 'swap into' dps mode where you are just as bursty as the rest of class. The idea will be to stay alive and harass the enemy team until you see your opportunity, then move in for the kill.

#3 Satoncald

Satoncald

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostIsms, on 18 November 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

This build is really only going to be good in very long fights at mid. The problem with the banner healing build, is that it applies regen constantly at your healing power. This means that any other regen from anyone on your team is not stacking in intensity, only duration (which is already infinite with banners practically), rendering their regeneration skills useless, or better yet, your banners not needed.

Another thing is the dolyak runes, these are all kinds of terrible. Don't ever expect these to pay off. If you want tankiness, go earth runes or melandru runes. Melandru runes are incredibly strong, as -10% condition duration is all that's needed to remove an entire tick from most bleeds, burns, etc. (that's about 20% less auto attack dmg for rangers, for example).

Another mistake you've made, is you put multiple sigils with procs on them. EVERY SIGIL that procs (on weapon swap, on crit) shares a cooldown. Therefore, only one of your sigils is even working at a time.

Your choice of Greatsword really doesn't bring much to the table. The greatsword is a pure damage dealing weapon, and you aren't built for dealing any damage. You'll want to focus on CC and staying alive if you want to be a group-fight warrior, as you can build for tankiness and your CC abilities won't be hindered by lacking stats such as precision.

As a power dpser, you HAVE to rely on crit, otherwise you'll get weakness on you and you'll just get glancing after glancing blow. If you can't burst players down, they always will have a way to escape and heal back up. If you want to go the tanky right, i'd suggest utilizing the warrior's traits that give +crit% outside of pure precision. You want to look at traits like (%50 crit-chance against stunned opponents), or (+10% sword crit).

I'm sending you one of my personal builds that I don't really share with anyone. It's gonna allow you to bring with you a soldier's amulet and stay extremely tanking, and give you a small period when you can 'swap into' dps mode where you are just as bursty as the rest of class. The idea will be to stay alive and harass the enemy team until you see your opportunity, then move in for the kill.
I'd just like to point out about the greatsword, it is not a pure damage weapon. It has a LOT of utility in it, it can stack armor reduction, evade, slow, rush in or out so I don't see why not to use it for these purposes.

#4 Isms

Isms

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostSatoncald, on 18 November 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

I'd just like to point out about the greatsword, it is not a pure damage weapon. It has a LOT of utility in it, it can stack armor reduction, evade, slow, rush in or out so I don't see why not to use it for these purposes.

The utility of it is only a personal utility. Getting yourself from point A to point B, etc. If you aren't stacking for dmg, then the benefit from it is wasted. Vulnerability isn't a reliable way to provide utility for your group, especially in PvP. It's not about Greatsword not being good, it's about clearly better weaponsets for the build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users