• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Using USB headset i cannot switch audio output to desktop speakers.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 notacownow

notacownow

Pale Tree Seedling

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

Ok hey all :)
So here is the issue that just started today.
Normally i run sound through my speakers, and all is fine. Yesterday i got invited to a ventrilo and i joined while the game was running plugged in my headset and still had my speakers playing the game sounds and just vent through the headset (logitech g35).

Today when i jumped on vent, i plugged in my headset with the game running in the BG like yesterday but now no matter what setting i try, all the sound comes through the headset. I have rebooted, tried running vent first then the game etc. It simply will not respond to changing of the audio output.
I cannot think of anything i did differently. It's like the headset is overiding any choice i can make which did not happen yesterday.

Has this happened to anyone else? I have read the other threads and they are no have this exact issue it's kind of mind boggling...lol

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

#2 tijo

tijo

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3176 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RISE]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

Check what is your audio device in Windows. For this to work with my USB headset, the default device needs to be set to the speakers and vent/skype/whatever manually set to the headset.

#3 The Comfy Chair

The Comfy Chair

The best at space

• Members
  • 5331 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[TKOT]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

Also, make sure the game itself isn't set to run through the headphones in audio options.

If you want to check if your computer will run GW2, check here.

If you find out you can't and need to think about upgrading or building another, check here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users