8 replies to this topic

#1 NegativeEdge

NegativeEdge

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

Hi, im currently classless.

In WvW it's just usually me and a warrior pal hopping in and out of zergs lending a hand, but mostly d!cking around and looking for small skirmishes by ourselves. I want to get rid of my bias from my current profession so let me ask from a classless point of view, a fresh mind.

If you are running around with 1 other person, which class would it be? I want to know the strongest duo combination that would compliment your warrior build the most. I say "your" build because warriors can be built so differently; I want to narrow down the class that would be most effective overall.

For example: if you are a glassy 100B warrior with full escape utilities, you may want a class with ranged instant CC/stuns like a mesmer to lock your opponents in place before you mow them down. This lets you keep your stunbreakers and other useful skills without having to rely on landing bull charge (therefore more reliable).

TL;DR I want to know class combinations that will extend your skill rotation, or make it easier to land.

#2 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

Necromancer, one of the ultimate partners, plenty of utility, ultra tanky (when built that way), the Oprah of conditions, and a lot of combo fields, which warriors can take advantage of since they have a lot of finishers

#3 Anzuri

Anzuri

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HIRE]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

Hmm for my defensive cc build any would work but maybe a mesmer to distract the enemy and I keep them ccd. Or even a DPS thief which could take advantage of my tankiness and cc distraction to inflict serious pain

#4 NegativeEdge

NegativeEdge

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

View PostAnzuri, on 14 November 2012 - 05:02 AM, said:

Hmm for my defensive cc build any would work but maybe a mesmer to distract the enemy and I keep them ccd. Or even a DPS thief which could take advantage of my tankiness and cc distraction to inflict serious pain

What if there were TWO of you? I can imagine double capt'n hammers can provide some serious zerg supporting capabilities

#5 Usire

Usire

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

I play alot of small WvW fights on my ele with a warrior friend(he plays hammer or greatsword mainly) the burst seems to line up really well between those two classes. Updraft nuke as either D/D or S/D plays perfectly with 100blades, and hammer's cc was very handy for me landing burst skills. Ele also provides alot of buffs/ some offhealing(protection and regen per water and earth attunement) + water heal skills. Synergy between those 2 classes is pretty good imo from an ele point of view.

#6 Anzuri

Anzuri

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HIRE]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

View PostNegativeEdge, on 14 November 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

What if there were TWO of you? I can imagine double capt'n hammers can provide some serious zerg supporting capabilities

Very true actually! That would cause mayhem in a Zerg, pity too many are caught up in dps but for a small organised group having 2 warrior cc is a great idea

#7 shiko

shiko

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

With teamspeak/vent/skype etc, I would say double warrior just for chain cc in small skirmishes, but in general a mesmer or thief would go well with the warrior, because of the burst they bring. The warrior could run in and stun for a while, and the thief can get off 2-3 backstabs easily in that time, and he doesn't even have to have basilisk venom.

Also something OP that I'm sure no one or barely anyone knows, but shadow refuge+ killshot as the thief is stacking vulnerability with body shot and or stunning with headshot = LOL, they won't know when to dodge.

#8 adra12

adra12

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

I would say mesmer because they can dominate small skirmishes many different ways, and portal can be used to devastating effects in an organized group, even a group of 2. Though elementalist and thief would be close tie for second and would be better with certain warrior builds.

#9 jimmie51

jimmie51

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GLH]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Necro.  My wife plays one and I play my warrior.  I will say it took us a little to really get things to gel but now that we have I think the two classes compliment each other very very well.  I would like to see what a necro/gardian duo would do.  Between the heals and damage that would be a lot of fun

View Postlmaonade, on 14 November 2012 - 02:25 AM, said:

Necromancer, one of the ultimate partners, plenty of utility, ultra tanky (when built that way), the Oprah of conditions, and a lot of combo fields, which warriors can take advantage of since they have a lot of finishers

Opra of conditions!   omg I am still laughing.  Great great great description.  thank you for that lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users