#271 XionValkyrie

XionValkyrie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

View PostFoxBat, on 14 November 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

The million dollar question is why that tier needs *stats.*

A lot of people don't even care about the Legendaries because they dislike the appearance.   However, everyone likes higher stats.

Edited by XionValkyrie, 14 November 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#272 pswendel

pswendel

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

View PostSevens, on 14 November 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

No, we demand on the promises they made...NO GEAR TREADMILL...sheesh some people are thick as a brick

Oh look, an insult. That didn't help my initial claim at all.

The gear treadmill still doesn't exist. It's unfortunate, but nobody seems to understand the infusion integration. In the future please refrain from constructing an argument based on an insult. Doesn't help your credibility.

View PostPlasticblanket, on 14 November 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

I recall PAYING $60 for this game, so your statement is complete BS

You payed 60 dollars for the initial release. At the time of your payment, you were satisfied with your purchase or you would have not purchased it or refunded your purchase. This is new content which you now feel entitled to claim was original purchase. This was my initial claim which you quoted, and then backed up with evidence from your own words.

View PostXionValkyrie, on 14 November 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

A lot of people don't even care about the Legendaries because they dislike the appearance.   However, everyone likes higher stats.

Last I checked the difference between a rare and a legendary weapon was 1 point on 1H and 2 points on 2h. If converted to damage based on the same armor class of the opponent, the damage increase is negligible (albeit there, thus the need to obtain it).

I'm not saying it doesn't exist, what I'm saying is in a perfectly balanced situation, the player with the legendary won't always come out on top. The difference in damage will still come down to the skilled gamer.

#273 ToySoldier

ToySoldier

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

It's very simple.  No more $ to ANet till maybe forever, unless they introduce things I like to buy.  :lol:

#274 XionValkyrie

XionValkyrie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

View Postpswendel, on 14 November 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

Oh look, an insult. That didn't help my initial claim at all.

The gear treadmill still doesn't exist. It's unfortunate, but nobody seems to understand the infusion integration. In the future please refrain from constructing an argument based on an insult. Doesn't help your credibility.

You payed 60 dollars for the initial release. At the time of your payment, you were satisfied with your purchase or you would have not purchased it or refunded your purchase. This is new content which you now feel entitled to claim was original purchase. This was my initial claim which you quoted, and then backed up with evidence from your own words.

Last I checked the difference between a rare and a legendary weapon was 1 point on 1H and 2 points on 2h. If converted to damage based on the same armor class of the opponent, the damage increase is negligible (albeit there, thus the need to obtain it).

I'm not saying it doesn't exist, what I'm saying is in a perfectly balanced situation, the player with the legendary won't always come out on top. The difference in damage will still come down to the skilled gamer.

Are you going by the on db numbers?   People who posted screenshots of their in game weapons show the sames tats between exotics and legendaries.

#275 Matsy

Matsy

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3105 posts
  • Guild Tag:[zzZ]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

^ It used to be that awhile ago, but they reversed it because of the ragefest that followed.
Alot of people still don't realize they are the same now.

#276 Reiden221

Reiden221

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DAoT]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostDarkWalker, on 14 November 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

In doing this, or - as said in that blog post - implementing a whole "item progression initiative", ANet is at best irresponsibly short sighted, at worst flat out liars; take your pick.

Or they had a moment of weakness and decided to listen to what the people who post on forums say.

#277 ToySoldier

ToySoldier

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

I come to mmorpgs to play with people, not to achieve gear.  To me gear is sort of fun in analyzing stats, but ultimately not my thing.  Achievement? Blah, who needs it in pixels.

What I'd like to see are emote animations so I can /salute, /wave goodbye, /bear hug, etc to my friends. I miss those LOTRO emotes every time I see my friends in game.  Also miss the anniversary white bear pet in WoW.  Hey pets in WoW had way better animation, and I expected GW2 to. Unfortunately pets here venture off the screen the moment I begin running.  I bought one pet and that was the end of my pet purchase.  Poor animations.  Goes off screen too easily.

It's a bit disappointing to see so little effort from ANet on these things to facilitate fun interactions with people while the focus is to institute more pixel progression in such a short time.  PvE players are being put on a back burner.  Guesting is nerfed an no sight of it being implemented.  People like me are looking for a home we can live in and the world here, despite its beauty, is looming to be just a screensaver over pixel race.

It would have been much better to see Legendary mystic forge dependency switched to something more meaningful, with a long stream of mini quests throughout the land involving dynamic events and 2nd tier heart NPCs.  I  would have attempted legendary.  But give the current method, I don't see it as legendary.  What legendary hero in any of the fantasy tales achieved it by throwing items into a crazy guy's forge over and over again?  Will that fantasy sell as a movie?

As a player I'm simply not going to play the parts of the game I consider to be doh... Even Everquest had better overarching quest back it first launched.

Until I see more effort on ANet's part to show me this world can be more than a pixel race, I won't be spending any $ on this game.  Just biding my time.  There will always be new games, new pixel races. If I find one suitable to be "home", that's the game I will stay in, and will support its revenue.  For me GW2 had an air that made me imagine this would be it.  So far I feel like I'm starting to see a mask, and underneath the mask is a pixel race.  Sorry.

#278 MeltyLotus

MeltyLotus

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

The only thing that bugs me about this is the Charr.

The only armor that looks right is cultural. Which costs more then exotics and is only a rare. Which is going to end up even weaker now.

Since they don't mention Charr getting any special attention I"m expecting the new stuff to be stretched out too. I'd expected alittle attention to the crap they put out before they go and add more.  Charr should be the most important race in the game. Their the flagship *collector's* and the most of the story is based around their actions. Least in GW1, the hatchery is still bugged.

It's hard being a Charr.

#279 ToySoldier

ToySoldier

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

Just saw "Leah Rivera on the new Fractals of the Mist dungeon".

Fancy cinema, complete package of dungeon system design, new tier of gear that had to go through balancing.  The development time for something like this just doesn't jive that this decision came recently.

Guesting was an announced feature.  I had talked my WvW friends into playing this game.  So far I can't even see them because they are on another server, and I'm on RP server. Lol.  The only people I'll go dungeon romping with are not gonna see me but once every 7 days, then I have to wait 7 days to get back to my RP friend.  Ugh.  These are the facts from my end. Plain and clear.

#280 Auenwing

Auenwing

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

Good to know that ANet understands the impact a few mispoken and/or misinterpreted words can bring.

Yes, I have my tongue firmly in my cheek.

Glad to see they are trying to explain, ease player's concerns.

I'm sure there was a mad scramble at ANet over this.

And as I said on page 22 of a very long thread earlier, I will wait until there is more data....e.g. to see what actual impact, if any, occurs when it goes live.

I suspect it has also become a "cautionary tale" for the future.

#281 ToySoldier

ToySoldier

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

View PostAuenwing, on 15 November 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

Word.

#282 pswendel

pswendel

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

View PostXionValkyrie, on 14 November 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Are you going by the on db numbers?   People who posted screenshots of their in game weapons show the sames tats between exotics and legendaries.

View PostMatsy, on 14 November 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

^ It used to be that awhile ago, but they reversed it because of the ragefest that followed.
Alot of people still don't realize they are the same now.

Thanks for the clarification!

#283 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3305 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

View PostAuenwing, on 15 November 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

Good to know that ANet understands the impact a few mispoken and/or misinterpreted words can bring.

You sound like you're new here, young man.
A.Net CONSTANTLY has issues with things coming out when they shouldn't be or they aren't explained or they are simply poorly explained. And then, in cases such as this, they also have problems because of their REALLY dumb ideas.

A state of self-induced chaos is something that very much describes A.Net.

#284 ilr

ilr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2726 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

View PostFenice_86, on 14 November 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

So many Nostradamus here
  • I predicted Rocket Jumping before there was ever proof of a rocket launcher in it.
  • While not attributed to the right class, I also predicted Portaling would be exploited to great effectiveness in PvP long before mesmer was ever revealed
  • I predicted human racials would set them apart by including "Resilience" skills and skills from the six Gods.
  • ...Predicted multiple details about all 4 unnamed classes as well

PS,  wouldn't the Plural be "Nostradamii"?

Edited by ilr, 15 November 2012 - 07:28 AM.

#285 Coren

Coren

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[DRK]

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

View PostProtoss, on 15 November 2012 - 05:28 AM, said:

You sound like you're new here, young man.
A.Net CONSTANTLY has issues with things coming out when they shouldn't be or they aren't explained or they are simply poorly explained. And then, in cases such as this, they also have problems because of their REALLY dumb ideas.

A state of self-induced chaos is something that very much describes A.Net.

That's how ANet works, iterations. If they see something doesn't work, they improve it. Well that's how it was in GW1, let's see about GW2

#286 ilr

ilr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2726 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

They never improved Paragons, Polymock, or Magni the Bison  :(

Edited by ilr, 15 November 2012 - 07:41 AM.

#287 RabidusIncendia

RabidusIncendia

Seraph Guardian

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1953 posts
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

To be fair, nothing could have been done for PvP paragons short of redesigning every single skill of theirs >.<
Fun while it lasted.  I guess.

#288 Coren

Coren

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

View Postilr, on 15 November 2012 - 07:41 AM, said:

They never improved Paragons, Polymock, or Magni the Bison  :(

Ok for paragons... They needed a boost other than being imbagons. But what was wrong with magni the bison? Polymock... Don't see what needed improvement, in my opinion it should never have existed.

#289 ilr

ilr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2726 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

View PostCoren, on 15 November 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

Polymock... Don't see what needed improvement, in my opinion it should never have existed.
I like you :)

ps: you asked what wasn't "working" about magni ... it was basically the extreme difficulty that anyone who didn't own factions (and have access to spiritspam) had in defeating him.  And conversely; the extreme LACK of challenge presented to said Ritualists. It was probably the most blatant pay-to-win issue in the entire game

Edited by ilr, 15 November 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#290 Sevens

Sevens

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

View PostToySoldier, on 14 November 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

I come to mmorpgs to play with people, not to achieve gear.  To me gear is sort of fun in analyzing stats, but ultimately not my thing.  Achievement? Blah, who needs it in pixels.

What I'd like to see are emote animations so I can /salute, /wave goodbye, /bear hug, etc to my friends. I miss those LOTRO emotes every time I see my friends in game.  Also miss the anniversary white bear pet in WoW.  Hey pets in WoW had way better animation, and I expected GW2 to. Unfortunately pets here venture off the screen the moment I begin running.  I bought one pet and that was the end of my pet purchase.  Poor animations.  Goes off screen too easily.

It's a bit disappointing to see so little effort from ANet on these things to facilitate fun interactions with people while the focus is to institute more pixel progression in such a short time.  PvE players are being put on a back burner.  Guesting is nerfed an no sight of it being implemented.  People like me are looking for a home we can live in and the world here, despite its beauty, is looming to be just a screensaver over pixel race.

It would have been much better to see Legendary mystic forge dependency switched to something more meaningful, with a long stream of mini quests throughout the land involving dynamic events and 2nd tier heart NPCs.  I  would have attempted legendary.  But give the current method, I don't see it as legendary.  What legendary hero in any of the fantasy tales achieved it by throwing items into a crazy guy's forge over and over again?  Will that fantasy sell as a movie?

As a player I'm simply not going to play the parts of the game I consider to be doh... Even Everquest had better overarching quest back it first launched.

Until I see more effort on ANet's part to show me this world can be more than a pixel race, I won't be spending any $ on this game.  Just biding my time.  There will always be new games, new pixel races. If I find one suitable to be "home", that's the game I will stay in, and will support its revenue.  For me GW2 had an air that made me imagine this would be it.  So far I feel like I'm starting to see a mask, and underneath the mask is a pixel race.  Sorry.
This right here...that you for this post!

#291 Coren

Coren

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

View Postilr, on 15 November 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

I like you :)

ps: you asked what wasn't "working" about magni ... it was basically the extreme difficulty that anyone who didn't own factions (and have access to spiritspam) had in defeating him.  And conversely; the extreme LACK of challenge presented to said Ritualists. It was probably the most blatant pay-to-win issue in the entire game

Never really looked into how other classes could do it. When EOTN came out I just used wanderlust as my elite knockdown and other spirits. My main being ritualist. It's true spirit spam destroyed ritualists IMO, but at least we had way more usage and flexibility than paragons.

PS: yay an other person who believes in keeping pokemon out if the GW universe ;)

#292 BrettM

BrettM

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1434 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FPI]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostCoren, on 15 November 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

Never really looked into how other classes could do it. When EOTN came out I just used wanderlust as my elite knockdown and other spirits. My main being ritualist.
All classes used rit spirits. Even a class like Ranger could carry a +20e staff and have just enough energy to summon one set of the necessary spirits. So it was a cakewalk for anyone who owned Factions regardless of the profession(s) of their character(s).

#293 chullster

chullster

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BZRK]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

View PostBrettM, on 15 November 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

All classes used rit spirits. Even a class like Ranger could carry a +20e staff and have just enough energy to summon one set of the necessary spirits. So it was a cakewalk for anyone who owned Factions regardless of the profession(s) of their character(s).

That might be what you late-comers did, but proR10UrsanLFGs just clawed his face off.....;)

#294 BrettM

BrettM

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1434 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FPI]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

View Postchullster, on 15 November 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

That might be what you late-comers did, but proR10UrsanLFGs just clawed his face off..... ;)
Heh. True, I didn't get to experience the heyday of Ursan superiority, since it was nerfed before I had progressed far enough in Norn rep to join the club. Drat. :)

#295 ilr

ilr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2726 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

View Postchullster, on 15 November 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

That might be what you late-comers did, but proR10UrsanLFGs just clawed his face off..... ;)

NEVER mention this again please...  Massive scaling-disparity Treadmill-Rank systems like Norn Rep is EXACTLY the kind of Treadmill we're worried about here with Infusions and any new "Elite" content built around these Ascended items.  It doesn't matter how "accessible" it made the content to people who had more time than skill.  The point is it wasn't Casual balance at that point, it was massive GRIND that eventually replaced more skilled casual players on most LFG-recruiting in the Meta.

Edited by ilr, 15 November 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#296 Kymeric

Kymeric

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1983 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

From the new blog post on what's coming after Thanksgiving:

Here’s a general rundown of what we are working towards over the upcoming months:
Adding brand new content to World vs. World as well as adding new reward progression.

I know he already said Ascended items were going to make it into WvW.

Wonder how that's going to work.  Keep Lords that inflict Agony?  Or is it just for the +stats that so many people are claiming are negligible?

Details would be nice, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Edited by Kymeric, 21 November 2012 - 08:39 PM.

#297 FiachSidhe

FiachSidhe

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

Blatant, typical, cliche ridden PR post from a lead developer. I've seen identical garbage spew out of Blizzard and Bioware, to not know the BS when I smell it.

Typical, plays up the positive feedback and underplays the negative, if not outright ignoring key issues. Screams PR, screams written by PR team.

Just once I'd love to see lead developer of an mmo actually speak honestly. I'd love to see one developer just say "You know that event? It sucked. That thing we made? Yeah it sucked real bad. We're sorry about that. We messed up. It happens. We'll look at what went wrong and do something else next time."

Rather than crouched in a corner, clutching himself and rocking back and forth saying "We has a lot of people excited for the stuff we're doing!!! Hahahauhyaaaahoohoooblibiblib heehee EVERYONE LOVES US!!!"

#298 Lhim

Lhim

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

"We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months..." https://forum-en.gui...irst#post721451

So...every 4,5,6 months?

#299 VanderBeltLegacy

VanderBeltLegacy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DEAD]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

but want to offer an in-between for the Exotic and Legendary rarity levels to fill the large gap that currently exists.

ok so now who want's to argue exotic and legendaries are same?....point proven after how many of you "PM'ed" me to insult me.

as for the post, it was everything i like i said, when the mass whinge thread about LS started..1 word, AWESOME!!! and thank's for proving me right OP and Chris Whiteside :D

as for gear treadmills, we do not have 1, we have a slight STAT creep, that's actually a between creep, WoW adds updated gear each time they up the level cap etc. that's a treadmill, but is needed with raised level's.

View PostBrettM, on 15 November 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

correction, was like this after SoS update, but only for those to useless to utilise there primary, i never used spirits after SoS buff, not to mention without Spawning, spirits=1 shoted.

View PostBrettM, on 15 November 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

Heh. True, I didn't get to experience the heyday of Ursan superiority, since it was nerfed before I had progressed far enough in Norn rep to join the club. Drat. :)
Ursan was only superior to those with a brain,, i cant even name how many r10 Ursan groups failed GoA because they couldn't wall or chain K.D's, shadow form tanks+spikers+bonders= more mindless and OP in  PvE, since i could get random pugs and do 60 min 4/4 GoA run's in Hard Mode, and to mention n e class could shadow tank/spike!!...oh and UW shadow form runs n e 1??

Edited by VanderBeltLegacy, 28 November 2012 - 10:30 AM.

#300 VanderBeltLegacy

VanderBeltLegacy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DEAD]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

double post on accident

Edited by VanderBeltLegacy, 28 November 2012 - 10:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users