3 replies to this topic

#1 tinywolves

tinywolves

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

I was thinking going about halfies or so on Knight gear.
I'm thinking either Berserker, Valkyrie, or with the Arcon / Mortal pieces with Precision, Healing power, Vitality and Toughness.

I kind of like the idea of the last two 4 stat ones as a it gives me a bit of everything.

Wondering what anyone else thinks?

Berserker may be too squishy
Valkyrie, hmm do I need vitality alone? Will that really do much?

My build is a hammer / GS in PVE, I swap out GS with a staff sometimes for dungeons and that's pretty much what I role with.

Of course depending on which gear mix I chose my runes will change too.
I'm traited 0/0/30/30/10 for now.

#2 asmodess

asmodess

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

I am running  3 pieces of knights with 3 pieces of beserker armor, beserker  weapons.
beryl jewelry for power, vita, crit damage , and atm  have  3 beryl orbs slotted and 3 runes of divinty .

am over 17k hp, over 2500 armor, still just under 3k attk, with 40 % crit and over 50 % crit damage .

doesn`t feel squishy atleast to me .

#3 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1429 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

For PVE dungeons I run a 0/15/30/20/5 build with mostly knights gear & a coople pieces of berserker's.
Then for the runes I use rune of the soldier x6 so my shouts remove conditions off me & my effected allies.

That being said in WVW I swap out the berserker gear for valkryie so that I can survive a bit longer, because there is a limit to how much you can dodge & when fighting more then a handful of enemy players you cant dodge half the crap that comes at you.

Now given your build is more defensive then mine I would say you shouldn't have any problems using a bit more berserker's gear then I do.

#4 BlasBlas

BlasBlas

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

A lot of it deals with your traits also.

I run an AH/shout build with Hammer/Staff.  I have Retrubitive Armor slotted.

So I run all knights and just use the emerald orb (for now).

Mathematically this may not suffice, or may even be a waste; however, it works for me.  Dungeons and WWW are very little trouble.  I pump out a ton of damage (thanks mighty blow) and it takes a while for me to go down since I use constant small heals to keep up my health.  I used to run a mix with Valks, but I didn't like it.  My survivability went down and ironically so did my DPS.  This is just my human factor since I cannot push the buttons, dodge, or position myself and hope that the opponent does the same that the math dictates for me to match those numbers.

So in short, synergize with your build on paper then try it out in the game.  The math won't equal the experience, I'll guarantee you that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users