• Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 1 votes

For those that think WvW is all about "tricks" like mesmer portals and turtle stacking

video wvw warrior

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Blackhoax

Blackhoax

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Hey all.  I see more and more pony tricks from those that are trying to compete in the top tier WvW.

WvW isn't all about tricks like the Mesmer Portal, Turtle defense bombs, and other tricks.  All these tricks have ways to counter them.

Sometimes brute force, skill, and calculated pushes is what is required.  Here's a glimpse of the tried and true warrior push through the eyes of one of the best PVPers on the server, Obs.

http://www.youtube.c...?v=eUERDQwtvGw#!

#2 MaLeVoLenT_1

MaLeVoLenT_1

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Guild Tag:[OnS]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

by tricks you mean skills and tactics? Yes they all have counters....

#3 xXDeath2UXx

xXDeath2UXx

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

View PostMaLeVoLenT_1, on 14 November 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

This... Blackhoax sounds like u had too many nightmares about portals bro, stop hating they a legit and very useful tactic, gratz on ur push working though...

Edit: Btw what did you calculate? lol

Edited by xXDeath2UXx, 14 November 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#4 Blackhoax

Blackhoax

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

I am referring to the guilds and players out there that use the same tactic over and over again.  I keep seeing a group run into battle to try the exact same thing over and over again.

Turtle bombing for example, you know exactly when to expect it, and it becomes that much easier to counter.  I wanted to draw attention to the fact that sometimes the most appropriate action is to bust in and start throwing numbers around.

If the tactic you are using is not working, try something else.  If the tactic you are using IS working, then try something else, because the group you are fighting will adapt to it, and will adapt very quickly if you are playing in the top tier.

View PostxXDeath2UXx, on 14 November 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

This... Blackhoax sounds like u had too many nightmares about portals bro, stop hating they a legit and very useful tactic, gratz on ur push working though...

Please... I am the creator of the portals.  

#5 MaLeVoLenT_1

MaLeVoLenT_1

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

View PostBlackhoax, on 14 November 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

I am referring to the guilds and players out there that use the same tactic over and over again.  I keep seeing a group run into battle to try the exact same thing over and over again.

Turtle bombing for example, you know exactly when to expect it, and it becomes that much easier to counter.  I wanted to draw attention to the fact that sometimes the most appropriate action is to bust in and start throwing numbers around.

If the tactic you are using is not working, try something else.  If the tactic you are using IS working, then try something else, because the group you are fighting will adapt to it, and will adapt very quickly if you are playing in the top tier.

Please... I am the creator of the portals.  

That I can relate to. Nice video hate the music tho :) See your ass next Friday.

Edited by MaLeVoLenT_1, 14 November 2012 - 07:52 PM.

#6 Blackhoax

Blackhoax

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

If I can make it through the 4 hour queues that is.

#7 vengeance22

vengeance22

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

View PostMaLeVoLenT_1, on 14 November 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

There is no skill in turtle defense. But people that do this are also the nubs that run in a zerg that steam roll over 1 person then stand there and laugh at them.....

Edited by vengeance22, 14 November 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#8 MaLeVoLenT_1

MaLeVoLenT_1

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

View Postvengeance22, on 14 November 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

There is no skill in turtle defense. But people that do this are also the nubs that run in a zerg that steam roll over 1 person then stand there and laugh at them.....
Matter of opinion. I said skills anyway meaning the buttons you press on your hotbar.

Edited by MaLeVoLenT_1, 14 November 2012 - 08:27 PM.

#9 Beastgate

Beastgate

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

WvW was never about "tricks," it's all about the coverage.

#10 adra12

adra12

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

View Postvengeance22, on 14 November 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

If I could single hand-idly get owned by a full zerg in between objectives and have them all stop to laugh at me, then I would do it all day long. That would be the single best tactic in WvW to date.

But as far as the real idea of the post is concerned the tactic used should be the tactic that seems to best fit the situation. If that tactic happens to be portaling, then it should be, if stacking up to enable out healing of AoEs due to max damage limits stack away. The only tactics that shouldn't be used are true exploits (using the design of max aoe of 5 is not an exploit, walking through a wall that for whatever reason has no collision detection is) and of course hacking should never be used.

#11 Smallwalk

Smallwalk

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Ok now enemy destroyed our keep wall in 45 seconds from 100% with 2 trebs. GW2 will sink before christmas if this keeps up

Wvw is all  about cheats tbh. I wonder how it is in top?

#12 adra12

adra12

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

View PostSmallwalk, on 14 November 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

Ok now enemy destroyed our keep wall in 45 seconds from 100% with 2 trebs. GW2 will sink before christmas if this keeps up

If you have an unupgraded keep and you don;t attack their trebs when they start attacking your keep, then this should happen.

Also I think your over-dramaticizing with regards to GW2 sinking by Christmas.

#13 Smallwalk

Smallwalk

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

No way in hell will any wall come down in 1 min lol ...

#14 Don Zaloog

Don Zaloog

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

great vid. what is your build in that video? runes, sigils, traits, gear... thx!

#15 Kattar

Kattar

Your Shoulder to Cry On

• Administrators
  • 2164 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

All that build up so you wouldn't have to use the videos section? http://www.guildwars2guru.com/videos/

You are fooling yourself, user. Nothing here is what it seems. ANet is not the plucky hero, Guru is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena.

Questions about moderation? For the love of Balthazar ask them here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users