• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Keg Brawl? more like achievement grind brawl...

keg brawl

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Noirr

Noirr

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ACO]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

I used to remember that this minigame was fun when people actually played it , i usually joined 5 to 6 matches per play-through a day after done a dungeon or some spvp...now its just filled most of the time with achievement grinders that just tend to throw barrel off the area and start tossing the barrel between each other making it so awkward for others that actually try to have fun playing a couple of games...

maybe ill get one match if i goad the grinders enough for a 1vs1  or 2vs2 but yeah don't really respect that way turning down that activity...is it that valuable to wear a silly title from that? oh well sometimes i think Anet actions towards controling grind may not be so bad at all with portions of the community doing stuff like this...and its ok they are free to do it...if only didn't get in the way of others that wish to play.

at least spvp hasn't been poluted with this mentality (or is it?)

pd: during prime times while scarce people always were found around there before.

Edited by Noirr, 14 November 2012 - 10:32 PM.

#2 Alex Dimitri

Alex Dimitri

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1188 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

And that`s why you don`t put achievements on actually fun things !

It`s a mindset of people set to fix some personal issues, that makes them forget about simple and fun things.

Give you and example for Helloween and past it i`ve been KO more then 1k times, it was horrible and boring but few of my buddies wanted achievement so i played rag doll, i remember thinkin` when the fun left the house.....

Sometimes very good and fun ideas, go bust if presented in the wrong form !!!

#3 Noirr

Noirr

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Yeah ive noticed this achivement vicious cycle as well , i mean not all achievements are bad but some of them are so time demanding that many forget about the fun of it and end burned up from some activites...in the realm of keg brawl i suggest to lower the achivement level of that so that grinders can have some peace and finish it up quickly but atm while it was aimed to be something to be achieved after long times the amount of games required to finish all its just to much.

Edited by Noirr, 14 November 2012 - 10:32 PM.

#4 Specialz

Specialz

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

So you are mad at the game for something you are in no way obligated to do? And you wander why they say people don't know what the word grind means.

#5 RabidusIncendia

RabidusIncendia

Seraph Guardian

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1953 posts
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

View PostSpecialz, on 14 November 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

So you are mad at the game for something you are in no way obligated to do? And you wander why they say people don't know what the word grind means.

I know you must be frustrated with people like me ragequitting the game over something you perceive to be minor at the moment, but this is just a normal person disliking one small aspect and wishing it could be better.  Be more respectful here please.  The forum isn't some arena of arguments you have to win.  If you don't care about it perhaps don't post?
Fun while it lasted.  I guess.

#6 Noirr

Noirr

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

View PostSpecialz, on 14 November 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

nah it wasn't that grandeur event for me but it was a nice extra thing to do so it doesnt get to that level,  right now  just criticizing the action cause it ruins the original goal of the actual event. if similar things would pollute extensively spvp then i would get very disappointing

lol about grind definition.

#7 Shayne Hawke

Shayne Hawke

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1246 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LiES]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

Four of the seven tracks (intercepts, recoveries, fumbles, steal) can be earned through exploitative play.  Recoveries are the worst because of those four, they are the hardest to get in normal play.  It's almost unnatural to ever get a recovery if you're playing well.

When I first played Keg Brawl a little shy of two months ago, I found plenty of people who would play against me, likely because the arena was fresh and people enjoyed it.  After becoming proficient with throwing the keg though, I think I scared off a lot of people with my skill of being able to toss straight into the keeper.

I stopped playing on the tenth of last month, as I had maxed all of the achievement tracks on that day and was tired out of playing so much Keg Brawl.  Since I had taken screenshots of when I reached certain milestones, I can tell you that I reached 50 recoveries after my first 250 wins, then changed how I played to get to 203 recoveries at 470 wins (I got 500 assists at the same time), and then abused the hell out of it to max recoveries and interceptions (351 at 470 wins) before clocking my 500th win.  If I had gone for it legitimately, I would have been stuck in the arena for another three to four weeks to max those recoveries.

Two fixes they ought to be making is to despawn kegs that are tossed outside of the arena's fence and to prevent achievements from registering off the same target too many times in one short period.  They probably won't be getting around to that any time soon though, and they also probably won't be getting around to fixing the title track so that it actually works and gives me my title.

#8 Specialz

Specialz

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

View PostRabidusIncendia, on 14 November 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

I know you must be frustrated with people like me ragequitting the game over something you perceive to be minor at the moment, but this is just a normal person disliking one small aspect and wishing it could be better.  Be more respectful here please.  The forum isn't some arena of arguments you have to win.  If you don't care about it perhaps don't post?

I know, last nite I was rolling around in my bed all mad that you ragequit. I couldn't dream or even eat this morning.

But i will say it always amuses me when people that quit a game they supposedly don't like hang around in the forums. When I quit a game, I move on with life but maybe its just me.

ADDED: I should add that I did now know you raged quit till you said it here. I guess when you raged quit a game, its suppose to be big deal.

Edited by Specialz, 14 November 2012 - 11:46 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: keg brawl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users