In terms of progression systems:Bring Back Trait Hunting
Chances are, we'll have new traits. Instead of just "giving" them to the professions, let players go out and learn them.Bring Back Skill Hunting
As above, see below. Instead of just giving us skills, let us find them through:
- Skill Challenges
- Signet of Capture (would be placed in a slot depending on what type of skill you're capturing)
- Tasks Unique to that professionSkill Upgrades
Small tweaks that can be bought / researched and applied to skills. For example, Fireball can be upgraded to Increase Splash Radius OR Apply Burning OR Increase Range. Nothing overpowered, but small tweaks that can customize the skills more to your play-style and are more specific than TraitsRank / Reputation
A wasted opportunity IMO. Instead of elevating us in rank in the story, we stay a grunt, so to speak. Then out in the world we'd be able to raise our standing with that Order, giving us access to different items, titles ect.
Also, raising our reputation with different areas, thus lowering way-point costs and vendor costs, as well as unlocking new items.
Think of the rep in GW1.Guild Instance
Could be placed in either Content or Progression.
Guilds will be able to buy an instance for a certain amount of Influence.
When they buy this instance, at first, it'll be empty, possibly with 'critters' they need to clear out.
The guild would then have to 'research' different ways for them to build their Hall. At first, the hall will be kind of shabby (think of a shed). But as you progress and master different crafting skills / hire NPC's ect you'll be able to build your Guild hall into something magnificent. Crafting benches could be added, as well as being able to hire Guild Craftsmen (for the Guild Gear), and other NPC's that benefit guild members.
Of course, materials would have to be gotten from out in the world (Wood, Rock [added to the mining loot table]), meaning that Guild Hall progression couldn't be made just inside that instance.
When built, the Guild would then be able to earn Achievements in PvE, WvW and SPvP to display in their Guild Instance, which they can invite people in to see.
In terms of content:Order Missions
Outside of the storyline, us being part of an Order doesn't play much part in our day to day game-play.
Therefore, everyday we'd have a mission(s) (scaling in difficulty depending on our Rank [see above]) that would earn us rep, rewards ect. Maybe a times buff that if we go to lower areas to help them Citizens, we'd get a boost in Coin, Karma, and it'd earn us Rep ranking points alongside it.Area Tasks
Kind of like Hearts. Each area would have a board with a list of tasks that you can complete that day. Completing these tasks would earn you Coin, Karma, and Rep with that area, thus lowering travel and merchant costs, giving you progress towards a 'Hero of [location]' title and potentially unlocking unique items.Amaranth the Traveler
Nicolas is sorta dead, so make Amaranth the new Nic. She gives you a list of items (one from each area so you have to travel. Also, possibly randomised so players don't swarm together[?]) for you to collect, and in turn, she'll give you a Package that contains:
- Coin, Karma item and EXP item
- Some random cooking ingredients
- Some random T6 crafting material
- The chance of a random item exclusive to Legendary progress
- The chance of a Unique Weapon skin
- The chance of a Mini
- The chance of a Unique crafting recipe
- The chance to get a Treasure Clue (see below)
Players would be able to get one Package a day. Amaranth would stay in an area for a week, changing location within that area every day. She'd also give clues as to where she's traveling next.Improve Achievements and Title Tracks
- Add titles along the way to mark your progress, as opposed to right just at the end.
- Skins (I like skins). For example, achieving Max rank in Drake Slayer would earn you Drake-scale Armour, while Greatsword Master would earn you a bitchin' Greatsword skin.Treasure Hunts
When you have a Treasure Clue (which players would have the chance to get after a Jumping Puzzle, Area Completion or in a Package), using it will display a rough sketch of a place, or maybe a description of a place (making use of them PoI). Following it would lead you to another clue, until you get to the end, and find a Treasure Chest containing Coin, Jewels (for crafting) and other valuable items.
While not technically content or progression:
- maybe a workbench where you can create your own Weapon and Armour skins within the parameters given? Maybe even sell additional effect in the cash shop? Nothing so fancy that it'd make other skins look bland though.
- competitions to design skins (like the Glacial Blade and Hourglass Staff).