Massively, GuildCast

• VIP
  • Curse Premium
  • 1112 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RAGE]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Posted Image

I got to go hands-on with the Lost Shores earlier this week! I've done a preliminary write-up here: http://massively.joy...2s-lost-shores/

I got to see Southsun Cove, the Fractals of the Mists dungeon and 5 of its constituent mini-dungeons, a jumping puzzle, PvP, and I think that's about it. I'd be happy to answer specific questions here or in the comments over at Massively.

Edited by davadude, 15 November 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#2 Vahkris

Vahkris

Vigil Crusader

• Community Contributors
  • 3696 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Nice article!  Only place I've found the name of the new resource we were told about so far, too.

Do you know if Agony was seen within your dungeon runs at all, or was it absent (which hints that it won't come into play until later)?

#3 Kratimas

Kratimas

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Very good article, ty.

I will have to miss most if not all of the one off events this weekend but, I hope everyone has fun and enjoys this new content.

But no doubt I will open up the forums on Monday morning and see nothing but complaint threads about it :(

#4 elixabeth

elixabeth

Massively, GuildCast

• VIP
  • Curse Premium
  • 1112 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostVahkris, on 15 November 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

Do you know if Agony was seen within your dungeon runs at all, or was it absent (which hints that it won't come into play until later)?

Agony did not come into our run-through, although I only ever saw level 1 difficulty. From my conversations with developers during testing, it looks like they expect people to get to level 5 difficulty before Agony really presents a problem. While the difficulty levels being discussed might not have been absolute, the point is that Agony isn't going to put the smack down on players right away, and really skilled players will be able to progress further without as much Agony resistance as unskilled players.

#5 Firstborn12

Firstborn12

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Nice read, now Im even more hyped.

btw when the Karma Vendor was mention in the Article, did anyone else think of these two armor type from the Luxon set.

for the Heavy class http://wiki.guildwar...xon_armor_m.jpg

for the Medium class http://wiki.guildwar...xon_armor_m.jpg

#6 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2089 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[CUTE]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Woot new crafting materials and i wonder what we could make with them. :D Rawr!!

Edited by Azure Skye, 15 November 2012 - 06:44 PM.

#7 davadude

davadude

Seraph Guardian

• News Correspondents
  • 1315 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[Team]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

You've been front paged by me, Elixabeth.  :)  

Thanks for the interesting article, if you see me add an image to your post, ignore it.  Wonderful walkthrough!
Davadude - Guru Village Idiot

#8 Nex

Nex

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Guild Tag:[uA]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Ooo, didn't know Massively writers were contributing to this site as well. Nice article which gave some new info and didn't spoil anything as well, pretty nice balancing act. Here's hoping the new jumping puzzle is at least half as fun as the clock tower. I know that you mentioned in the comments over at Massively that it isn't as frustrating as the clock tower, but I'm kinda hoping it'll be interesting at least.

EDIT: And you're from Sanctum of Rall, a server that's currently pitted against my server in WvW this week and will be next week as well!

Edited by Nex, 15 November 2012 - 07:37 PM.

#9 elixabeth

elixabeth

Massively, GuildCast

• VIP
  • Curse Premium
  • 1112 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

View Postdavadude, on 15 November 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

You've been front paged by me, Elixabeth.  :)  

Thanks for the interesting article, if you see me add an image to your post, ignore it.  Wonderful walkthrough!
Thanks! You're the bestest.

View PostNex, on 15 November 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

Ooo, didn't know Massively writers were contributing to this site as well. Nice article which gave some new info and didn't spoil anything as well, pretty nice balancing act. Here's hoping the new jumping puzzle is at least half as fun as the clock tower. I know that you mentioned in the comments over at Massively that it isn't as frustrating as the clock tower, but I'm kinda hoping it'll be interesting at least.

This one's interesting in my opinion; it requires fairly precise timing. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users