• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#241 MrIllusion

MrIllusion

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1174 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

I find the combat more engaging than GW2. There's a real skill requirement as far as timing blocks are concerned. Much better than the dodging system in GW2. And the skills are varied enough that they can combo off each other.

Unfortunately, B&S uses the same traditional questing system, so players wanting a break from that are probably gonna be disappointed.

Personally I think B&S will be a bigger threat to TERA than GW2. B&S and TERA have too much in common (questing system, art style, combat, payment model) that they will appeal to the same type of people.

#242 Specialz

Specialz

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostMrIllusion, on 04 July 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

I find the combat more engaging than GW2. There's a real skill requirement as far as timing blocks are concerned. Much better than the dodging system in GW2. And the skills are varied enough that they can combo off each other.

Unfortunately, B&S uses the same traditional questing system, so players wanting a break from that are probably gonna be disappointed.

Personally I think B&S will be a bigger threat to TERA than GW2. B&S and TERA have too much in common (questing system, art style, combat, payment model) that they will appeal to the same type of people.
considering B&S is design in the spirit of the old chinese kung fu movies ofc the combat would be better. Also Tera isn't really a threat anywhere except possibly the U.S atm. I think TERA has like 1 or 2 servers left in Korea.

Edited by Specialz, 04 July 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#243 Cebas

Cebas

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[CTRL]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

those crazy asian people coming whit an awsome game again,waiting for this some time,but it's comming out next year,can't wait for it.

time for a new Pc i think,my gawd,will this be a killer of a game cause of the graphics or a no go?
mass pvp with these kinda graphics will be laggy as hell

#244 Quietus

Quietus

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

I'm liking the character creator. It's the kind you can spend hours with.

#245 Corvindi

Corvindi

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1290 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

I'm not a fan of the female armor.  I know if I took after some freakish monster with a sword I'd want to be wearing armor, not lingerie.  However, the graphics, combat animations, and character creator look pretty darn good.  Nice aging options on the male face for sure.

#246 Quietus

Quietus

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

As far as armor is concerned, you can wear whatever you like the most since armors don't have stats. They're purely for looks. The stats come from weapons, accessories and something called Bo-Pae.

#247 Andlát

Andlát

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2679 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Dius]

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Another game that looks too Asian for my taste. I wish it good luck though - it seems like it can be quite interesting for people who are into this kind of stuff.

#248 Klaleara

Klaleara

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

The moment htey announce F2P, I'll stop paying attention.

#249 Specialz

Specialz

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

The moment the announce f2p, I became more excited. Not because I couldn't afford a sub, but because I can try play it during my spare time. (if only core blaze will be f2p). also cuz MMO are not worth their sub.

Edited by Specialz, 15 November 2012 - 08:10 PM.

#250 Klaleara

Klaleara

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

View PostSpecialz, on 15 November 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

The moment the announce f2p, I became more excited. Not because I couldn't afford a sub, but because I can try play it during my spare time. (if only core blaze will be f2p). also cuz MMO are not worth their sub.

Back before MMO's were considered a stream of gold and $$$$, MMO's were definitely worth a sub, cause they always updated the games with new stuffs.  Not so much now days :(.

#251 Cebas

Cebas

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[CTRL]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

to beho

View PostKlaleara, on 15 November 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

The moment htey announce F2P, I'll stop paying attention.

i agreee, cause when linage whent f2p i stopped cause off the quality of the game, i dont mind to pay for a game monthly,but after it's gong free to play in my opnion it's going down hill...not all games btw,but most.

#252 Keaghan

Keaghan

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Kest]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

This game has blown my expectations, it is by bar the best customization I have ever seen, it surpasses Tera on a large scale, and I even EVE online(Because of the more animated look).

Here are a couple screenshots I've taken in a gallery, http://imgur.com/65x...hCVtu8a,faF4p26

Yah um, I really don't know what to say, I don't understand anything but the quests are easy to follow even though its in a different language. The cinematic's for quests are much better the GW2's, I dislike the weird backdrop and just two character talking, BnS's cinematics are much more beautiful to look at, although I miss that my character doesn't really interact.

Combat is amazing, I like it more then GW2, and it is diffidently geared toward PvP I think and my first impressions from videos that PvE was going to be generally boring, boy was I wrong lol.

First story cinematic made my girlfriend and I tear, I haven't found a story that has made me emotional and a freaking long time. (Other then the deaths of the Asura in GW2 storyline!! WHY CANT YOU JUST MAKE A REMOTE DETONATION DEVICE(*#@^&$).

Yah, any questions, specific screenshots? This game is awesome.

#253 TakumiUsui

TakumiUsui

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Yea I agree with you it is pretty awesome. It has everything you need in a good MMO especially Boobs! x)

The problem with this game is that it takes way too long to come to the West... I've waited for 2-3 years now and it's still not here.
I would pay a sub fee for this game if it really lives up to my expactations. I was really impressed by GW2 but I really really dislike how the Devs are dictating us how to play the game (Down Rate, fractals, etc...).

Well either way NCsoft wins.

#254 booogeyman

booogeyman

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

i agree. it certainly is beautiful. The starting(tutorial?) area really is nicely done. Cant wait for it come out. I also took some screenshots haha http://imgur.com/a/qzTA9

Edited by booogeyman, 23 February 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#255 Keaghan

Keaghan

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Lol, yeah, getting an account is pretty easy. Free-game, just go to newgameway and buy an account, you can play free till level 15, then you need to buy time cards :]

#256 TakumiUsui

TakumiUsui

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

But you can be banned anytime since it's illegal to do this. You need a KSSN which is an identification number of Korean citizens. But well, I've never bought a Korean Account, so I don't really know how strict it is or how easily they can find out.
Is it possible to play it until lvl 15 without buying an account? I'd love to try out the character creation.

I just wish that they leave the Korean Voice acting in the EU version. ^^

#257 Keaghan

Keaghan

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostTakumiUsui, on 23 February 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

But you can be banned anytime since it's illegal to do this. You need a KSSN which is an identification number of Korean citizens. But well, I've never bought a Korean Account, so I don't really know how strict it is or how easily they can find out.
Is it possible to play it until lvl 15 without buying an account? I'd love to try out the character creation.

I've played Vindictus KR and Tera KR before this, both before they were even released in NA. Pretty much, the account doesn't get a KSSN, because you can verify with a phone. What the account you buy is, is an already verified account that is done by a Korean citizen[One person can verify multiple accounts]. Use the same logic when someone here in the USA would sell their WoW accounts on eBay because they are quitting, there is also a server who is primary English speaking. (in fact, when I logged on, there was a person named Christina, to bad she was so fast she disappeared before I could say anything LOL).

You don't need a Proxy Server to play either, you can play BnS from USA perfectly fine, in fact, my DL speed was at 1-2mb/s. My gf has an account too, and I think I'm going to get my friend into it!

Edited by Keaghan, 23 February 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#258 Specialz

Specialz

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

View PostTakumiUsui, on 23 February 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

I had a K.TERA account for over 2 years (I never got ban, just stopped  playing). The hardest thing is finding a decent seller you trust enough to pull the trigger. I have never encountered someone who got banned in general for being foreign, but then again I never looked hard. The selling mentioned above is pretty good, too bad it is usually expensive.

If you dont want to pull the trigger you can always find a private server. Ofc there is only one and really it is not worth the effort since it content if very limited.

Edited by Specialz, 25 February 2013 - 08:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users