• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Are Lost shores actually the "Distant shores" from quest Path to relevations ?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Sherlock

Sherlock

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

Hi guys, I appologize if this was already mentioned somewhere else.

If you remmember, in GW EotN was the quest with an criptogram - we had to kill Dragon facets for Kerrsh and to get him ciphers. The solved cryptogram is :

http://wiki.guildwar..._to_Revelations

"An offering to those who seek" "Beyond the mists beyond the dreams" "On distant shores of a land unwaking" "Answers there lie in waiting" The  shores are mentioned - distant shores, and Beyond the Mists - is that the new area Fractals of the Mists ? Cheers and all the best !

#2 Daenerys

Daenerys

Secretly Christopher Walken

• Moderators
  • 484 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

That's an interesting find, actually. What's even more interesting is Nifling the Chained.

Spoiler
I'm not saying that the gigantic thing we see in the trailer is Nifling, although that connection between the two areas is extremely interesting in addition to the text that you found. Now to go post that Nifling thing on the other thread, too.

Questions? Comments? Conversation? Drop me a message!

#3 Free Runner

Free Runner

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KSL]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Jeff Grubb suggested that it was referring to Orr and the dragons. I doubt Southsun Cove has anything to do with the message regardless and the FotM dungeon is supposed to be parts of the Mists locked down rather than a single place.

Edited by Free Runner, 15 November 2012 - 08:39 PM.

#4 Konig Des Todes

Konig Des Todes

Manager of the Void

• Site Contributors
  • 9534 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Lore]

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

Southsun Cove didn't even exist during GW1's time - it was all underwater.

As said, Jeff implied the quest hinted at Arah, and indeed questions are answered there regarding the gods - though not many. And certainly not why the facets are draconic in appearance.

@Mockingjay: as I said in the other thread you brought that up, Nifling the Chained was using a run-of-the-mill undead model. It wasn't a giant or anything of the sort, just an undead human monk. And, as far as we know, the Fractals of the Mists holds no relation to Southsun Cove.

Durmand Priory|Library of Whispers|GuildMag
"...I received a 400-page bible document for the world..." - J.Robert King
I want. I want bad.

#5 Evans

Evans

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

View PostKonig Des Todes, on 16 November 2012 - 02:55 AM, said:

Southsun Cove didn't even exist during GW1's time - it was all underwater.

As said, Jeff implied the quest hinted at Arah, and indeed questions are answered there regarding the gods - though not many. And certainly not why the facets are draconic in appearance.

In all fairness, so was Orr :)
But I agree, it was very likely hinted at Arah, especially considering we enter the Dream to visit it, which already fulfils the Mists/Dreams part.

#6 Ghost Town

Ghost Town

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NXNW]
  • Server:Ruins of Surmia

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

I don't know if the text here throws any light on the Lost Shores? It's from the Consortium office in Lion's Arch

Posted Image

#7 Daenerys

Daenerys

• Moderators
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostGhost Town, on 16 November 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

I don't know if the text here throws any light on the Lost Shores? It's from the Consortium office in Lion's Arch
{snip picture}

Hey, welcome to the Durmand Priory!  don't think I've ever seen you around here before, have I?

Knowledge of those posters (there are actually one or two other kinds of posters) being part of the Lost Shores patch is fairly widespread. The signs are translated on The Lost Shores wiki page.

#8 Ghost Town

Ghost Town

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NXNW]
  • Server:Ruins of Surmia

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Hey Mockingjay, no, I haven't posted on DP before - I'm a regular lurker and irregular poster all over the forums though. Thanks for the welcome!

Aw, nuts, I thought I'd found something new. Sorry for the stale info - I just searched 'consortium' on here and didn't think to look at the wiki, what with the patch being so new. Off to read the translation now!

#9 Valmir

Valmir

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Server:Jade Sea

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

My two cents : those... Karkas things are probably the Deep Sea Dragon minions. Can't wait to kick them with my Norn !

#10 Konig Des Todes

Konig Des Todes

Manager of the Void

• Site Contributors
  • 9534 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostEvans, on 16 November 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

In all fairness, so was Orr :)
Cute.

Orr wasn't all underwater. Orr still had shores, and it was a full continent up to one year prior to main GW1 events (read: timeline of Prophecies and Factions), and only by 6 years by EN. The Facet's message would likely refer to the time of the Exodus or sooner, however, thus when Orr was around perfectly and, might I add, perhaps even when the Crystal Sea was around still.

View PostValmir, on 16 November 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

My two cents : those... Karkas things are probably the Deep Sea Dragon minions. Can't wait to kick them with my Norn !
Cept that we were told by now that the karka are actually refugees of said Elder Dragon's minions (or rather, that they were forced out of their home of the ocean depths - by what is still left unstated, though I bet we'll be told in the content update - I'd be surprised if the DSD is *still* a mystery after this weekend).

I want. I want bad.

#11 Reisa

Reisa

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostValmir, on 16 November 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

Either that or yet another thing pushed out by said Deep Sea Dragon, along with the krait and quaggan (maybe the karka are in fact the ones pushing them out).

It'd at least make Bubbles more interesting if it didn't act through minions but was more proactive--or, if it did create minions, it did so as a byproduct and doesn't actively control or even care about them.

#12 Daenerys

Daenerys

• Moderators
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostKonig Des Todes, on 16 November 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Cept that we were told by now that the karka are actually refugees of said Elder Dragon's minions (or rather, that they were forced out of their home of the ocean depths - by what is still left unstated, though I bet we'll be told in the content update - I'd be surprised if the DSD is *still* a mystery after this weekend).
Where were we told that information about the karka?

#13 Konig Des Todes

Konig Des Todes

Manager of the Void

• Site Contributors
  • 9534 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

It was one of the more recent developer comments on the content. By Matthew Medina I think.

New lore on the karka found in game by Zommoros: The last time they were seen on the shores were ancient days when the world was "emptier" and the continents were shaped differently. Sounds like during a previous rise of the Elder Dragons.

From a Pastkeeper quaggan, we learn that they reside in the deepest parts of the ocean, reaffirming part of what I said above. And that they're worse than krait.

And by the looks of it, seems this invasion was instigated by the Consortium's actions in trying to make a tropical vacation spot (silly asuran-established only-cares-for-money company).

I want. I want bad.

#14 Steadfast Gao Shun

Steadfast Gao Shun

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

To quote the Big Z:

"These “Karka" creatures are familiar to me. Long ago, such creatures dominated the sea. They swarmed up from the depths, over shoal and shore alike."

Then there's that line Konig posted earlier.

"The fubsy blubberfolk who wisely abandoned Lion's Arch when they saw this coming. Also the poison frog people of the fen, and the silent invisible assassins of the deep."

My bet is that the Largos would know more about these things. When they go up, hopefully things'll be clear. Although, some of the way they look almost reminds me of the stuff we fight on the Jade Sea in Factions...

#15 Valmir

Valmir

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Server:Jade Sea

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Well, the Largos know how to fight them, at least. Wich had again a little piece of Largos'lore. I like it.

#16 draxynnic

draxynnic

Lorebug

• Moderators
  • 7631 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

Do you happen to recall what that actual lore was? With the fiasco that Phase 1 turned into, I never got to see that.
Got any comments or queries about moderation in one of my spheres of responsibility? Make sure I get the message!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users