Theoretical Max Protection Uptime Build
Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:09 PM
So my questions are: does this even work the way I think it does? Do protection and signet of justice affect condition damage? Staying with the core idea, can you improve it?
Let me know if you need further info on how I think the build would be played.
Of course you are free to add whatever other comments you desire, as many people undoubtedly will.
Hopefully this link is followable. If someone can let me know how to post it as a true link, I'll be happy to edit it as such.http://gw2skills.net...Ay6lrLpXLCGCMFA
Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:19 PM
I also personally think that Altruistic Healing outperforms the 5% damage reduction from Perfect Inscriptions. AH is 75 health per boon applied. In order for PI to outperform AH while using the hammer, you would have to reduce a minimum of 300 damage per hammer rotation. Meaning in that time you would need to take 6000 damage in order for you to see a benefit. 9000 damage if you already have Protection on you.
Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:36 AM
Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:40 PM
Edited by axjv, 16 November 2012 - 06:40 PM.
Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:20 PM
The reason I choose not to use hammer was because from my (admittedly) rough math, the protectection from hammer only lasts just long enough for me to spam skill 1 again. As soon as I hit any other button, I have downtime from protection. I can't imagine using a single button being terribly effective on the actually killing the mob side either.
This is true, but your build will give you 10% boon duration and you can pick up 2 runes of earth (cheap ones while leveling) to get another 10-15% for a total of 25% increase boon duration. This should give you some free time to do other things. And, sadly pushing (1,1,1,2) (1,1,1) (1,1,1,2) is very effective at killing mobs. Probably the 2nd best weapon for grinding through large groups of mobs IMO, besides the GS.
Edited by indure, 16 November 2012 - 07:21 PM.
Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:12 PM
I use this with a symbole + spirit weapon build and i can get a 100% protection time enforced as long as i am hitting a target.
Also it seems like people who know your on a protect / hammer build tend to stay near you, especially when your symboles heal.
Its a good way to herd the melee people so u have someone that can pull agro from you when you need it the most.
Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:17 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users