77 replies to this topic

#61 Alzun

Alzun

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

View Postcrowsnest bomber, on 16 November 2012 - 03:10 AM, said:

as a devoted s/d and sb user, this patch has been horrible.. i was really hoping for damage increase for pistols, a fix for flanking strike and a change which meant you cant precast c+d with steal

not happy
You and me both man.  Really PO with this patch.
I used to love S/D.
Well, I think you should be able to CnD-Steal without interrupting it.  Thats a large part of S/D burst.

View PostKorra, on 16 November 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

Posted Image
Made me laugh and cry at the same time.
Too bad it actually happened and S/D is worthless in tPvP.

View PostFanatic, on 16 November 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

well a man can allways dream can't he
would have loved to see only loyal thiefs left on this ship and not this FOTM garbage
The "loyal" Thieves would still be here if other builds beside BS FOTM had been nerfed.
For some reason ANet nerfed S/D INCREDIBLY hard, which none of the FOTM players played anyway.  Hardcore Thief fans played S/D.

Edited by Alzun, 16 November 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#62 ensoriki

ensoriki

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1983 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Time for initiative reduction on Flanking strike.
With my opponents being dazed for less, I've got to dodge more :o.

Edited by ensoriki, 16 November 2012 - 10:47 PM.

#63 TheUltravylence

TheUltravylence

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

"Rune of Air’s lightning damage has been reduced by 25%."

Seems like yet another hit to Thief burst that isn't being added to the equation.  Wasn't this run pretty standard for D/D?  Is it still?

Edited by TheUltravylence, 16 November 2012 - 11:19 PM.

#64 jarryd

jarryd

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

View PostTheUltravylence, on 16 November 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

Seems like yet another hit to Thief burst that isn't being added to the equation.  Wasn't this run pretty standard for D/D?  Is it still?

I think you're confusing the (Weapon) Sigil of Air and (Armor) Rune of Air.

#65 TheUltravylence

TheUltravylence

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

Correct, disregard.

#66 Touche

Touche

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:22 AM

View PostTheUltravylence, on 16 November 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

View Postjarryd, on 17 November 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

This is actually yet  another buff for D/D glass cannon thieves as people would wear this as a defense/offense against backstab thieves (It would hit for 5-7k damage against glass cannons).

/sigh

Edited by Touche, 17 November 2012 - 06:23 AM.

#67 taiffon_3e

taiffon_3e

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

After this patch Which are the best weapons/builds in sPvP ?? I can't kill anyone with the build i have now :_(

#68 Alzun

Alzun

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

View Posttaiffon_3e, on 17 November 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

After this patch Which are the best weapons/builds in sPvP ?? I can't kill anyone with the build i have now :_(
D/D Backstab burst/condition damage or P/D condition.  That's it.  Everything else got nerfed too much/didn't get buffed.

#69 BnJ

BnJ

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[MARK]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

FotM D/D BS build is now more than ever the most popular/viable build.

ANet f'ed up big time with the latest patch, leaving the most complained about build virtually untouched.  Not only that, they nerfed other viable builds, leaving us thieves with shit all options.

GG ANet!

Edited by Shroomhead Fred, 18 November 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#70 crowsnest bomber

crowsnest bomber

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

I'm working on it,  but no luck so far.. Dd burst or pd condition seem to be the only two.. I was over dd burst about 15 ranks ago,  and even tho I like condition builds, it's getting increasingly harder is pvp due to players actually caring about removing conditions

Trying to make a good burst build with pistols shouldn't be this hard.. Far out anet, worst patch possible

Any other +20 rank thief having any luck with unique builds?

#71 DrWes

DrWes

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

I kept playing S/D but the more I play the more I think about switching for D/D BS like everyone else ...

#72 Gaaroth

Gaaroth

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

same here: i used to do everything with my S/D setup but now i'm seriously thinking on switchin back to my D/P "blindin bitch" setup

RIP S/D i'll miss ya

#73 shinibon

shinibon

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

View Postcrowsnest bomber, on 19 November 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

an modified s/p burst (headshot is such an amazing skill) and p/d cond (with sneak attack) works pretty well imho...

#74 realmisr

realmisr

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

So far since patch, d/d + p/d conditions work pretty well...can't complain. Like everyone here, I'd rather not just go back to instagibbing...trying to work on a power+cond build for p/d via sneak attack to see how it plays.

s/d still works imo, you just have to be more on top of your game...we lost 33% dmg on c+d but the gem of the build was the daze anyway which is still viable just .5s shorter. People still go bat-shit crazy if you disable them for 1.5secs...

In anet's defense, we got a whole 10% dmg on tactical strike! lawl.

Edited by realmisr, 19 November 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#75 Alzun

Alzun

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

View Postrealmisr, on 19 November 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

So far since patch, d/d + p/d conditions work pretty well...can't complain. Like everyone here, I'd rather not just go back to instagibbing...trying to work on a power+cond build for p/d via sneak attack to see how it plays.

s/d still works imo, you just have to be more on top of your game...we lost 33% dmg on c+d but the gem of the build was the daze anyway which is still viable just .5s shorter. People still go bat-shit crazy if you disable them for 1.5secs...

In anet's defense, we got a whole 10% dmg on tactical strike! lawl.

Actually, the daze duration is 1.5 seconds shorter.  They reduced the base by .5 seconds and the Sigil of Paralyzation doesn't increase the daze time anymore (it used to round up the daze time to 3 seconds).  Runes of Mesmer might, but that would only bring it to 2 seconds.

Several days later and I'm still angry about my S/D build getting crushed.

#76 realmisr

realmisr

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostAlzun, on 19 November 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

Actually, the daze duration is 1.5 seconds shorter.  They reduced the base by .5 seconds and the Sigil of Paralyzation doesn't increase the daze time anymore (it used to round up the daze time to 3 seconds).  Runes of Mesmer might, but that would only bring it to 2 seconds.

Several days later and I'm still angry about my S/D build getting crushed.

Right - yes it used to be 3secs...but it's still true that people still go crazy and dump all their ccs when you disable them for just 1.5s. It's a shame nonetheless, s/d was very solid and fun to play...

#77 Psikerlord

Psikerlord

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

I am running shortbow main with s/p finisher works reasonably well. 10/30/0/30/0. So it goes sword 2 in (try and bait out their CD), autos, maybe a PW, sword 2 out, then switch to sb, ping them for a bit, clusterbomb maybe, get them down a bit, poison field.. basically applying pressure while waiting out the weapon swap CD, then once you can swap, finish with steal-mug haste PW, might also need some autos.  I will sometimes hit daggerstorm/stow just for the 8s stability prior to the finisher. You stay alive in the 10s sb period by kiting / dodge acrobatics traits/ shadowstep util/ HiS.

Lately I have been experimenting with sword a lot and trying to control targets with sword 2 and sword 4, mixed success. I suspect i need to retrait for stealth/blind for this to work

I am still trying to figure out how to beat good healing eles however, even with their patch nerfs. Fights with them just go on and on until someone arrives to make it a 2v1. Also I find this build is not particularly good at staying on the point itself! you move around a lot

Edited by Psikerlord, 20 November 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#78 Faded913

Faded913

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

i run a very unique build that is pretty drawn up from scratch. ive had good success with it but its not for everyone. my guildy hates it lol

i dont feel like posting it here so pm me or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users