Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Ranger Patch Notes.. What does it really equate to?


  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 GW2Ranger

GW2Ranger

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

To be honest when they mention major update and changes on ranger profession, I seriously had faith in Arenanet to finally work on the crucial bugs.

But I was left disappointed whereby the most important slow motion bug where the ranger start to slow down dramatically being force to hold the bow with both hands was once again ignored.

Neither did they do anything about damage and skill speed wise. Underwater combat? Seriously they odd to know their priorities. Seems they are not exactly listening despite us posting in proper channels of bug feedbacks with many others sharing the common problem and agreeing that it needs to be work on.

I haven't been logging in for quite sometime, last log in was less than 5minutes and I logged off instantly knowing that the slow motion issue will only make it an irritable experience rather than an enjoyable one. Had a little hope to play when they mention that there will be changes in this patch, but after reading the patch notes, I hardly feel like logging in at all. Don't even feel motivated to invite my friends from other games to GW2 knowing they will laugh their head off knowing that rangers get caught in such nonsensical bug.

Edited by GW2Ranger, 16 November 2012 - 07:12 PM.


#32 Pandiano

Pandiano

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

And now the sky is falling on our heads! No one will love us and we will left out in the cold an dark! Forever !

Did I hit the tone of this thread approximately?

Chillax, mates! More updates are about to come! And until then, enjoy the game! There are a myriads of ways to have fun, I am sure you'll find some!
Complaining is futile. The issues are worked on, so feedback is nice, but redundant.

#33 Dahk

Dahk

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 790 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HOPE]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostPandiano, on 16 November 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

And now the sky is falling on our heads! No one will love us and we will left out in the cold an dark! Forever !

Did I hit the tone of this thread approximately?

Chillax, mates! More updates are about to come! And until then, enjoy the game! There are a myriads of ways to have fun, I am sure you'll find some!
Complaining is futile. The issues are worked on, so feedback is nice, but redundant.
Actually...the reason they are addressing issues is because people complained about them...

#34 Pandiano

Pandiano

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostDahk, on 16 November 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:


Actually...the reason they are addressing issues is because people complained about them...

Sure. How else would they know? But people act as if their live or personal happiness depends on this ranger update! A little over dramatic I feel.

#35 Dahk

Dahk

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 790 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HOPE]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostPandiano, on 16 November 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

Sure. How else would they know? But people act as if their live or personal happiness depends on this ranger update! A little over dramatic I feel.
Yea, but this is nothing new.  Forums are therapy for people and games like GW2 can be pretty meaningful to people, especially considering how much time and effort people spend on them.  If someone had spent hundreds of hours on a painting, only to have someone come over and spill ink on it, they'd be just as upset.  Sure, they might be able to paint over it, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't elicit the same visceral response.  This part of who we are as human beings.

Also, forum drama over issues in games is now pretty much expected by game developers.  If there's a subdued, yet steady rumble about an issue, most game devs will put that at a low priority, regardless of how much it actually affects the player.

Think of it like when half time shows get those guys with the shirt cannons to give out shirts and free stuff to the section of the crowd that cheers the loudest.  Sure, it's just a t-shirt, but you'll never get one by simply relying on an articulate, logical explanation of why they should receive one.

This doesn't justify people acting like complete jerks, but unfortunately it's expected for any progress to be made.

#36 Trei

Trei

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2910 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

Well, here's a silver lining with the Counter Attack tweak -

We can now block multiple times against ranged attacks, for as long as the block duration.
This apparently includes persistent/pulsing area effects like poison cloud etc, of which I can stand in the AOE and just keep chain blocking all pulses (and any other ranged attack aimed at me) for the full 3 seconds.

I don't know about you guys, but a 3-sec immunity to direct and AoE ranged attacks is way more than a minor buff to me.

I only hope it is actually intended.

Edited by Trei, 17 November 2012 - 03:04 AM.


#37 Murmer

Murmer

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 169 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

View PostTrei, on 17 November 2012 - 03:00 AM, said:

Well, here's a silver lining with the Counter Attack tweak -

We can now block multiple times against ranged attacks, for as long as the block duration.
This apparently includes persistent/pulsing area effects like poison cloud etc, of which I can stand in the AOE and just keep chain blocking all pulses (and any other ranged attack aimed at me) for the full 3 seconds.

I don't know about you guys, but a 3-sec immunity to direct and AoE ranged attacks is way more than a minor buff to me.

I only hope it is actually intended.

I saw a ranger earlier today employ that against a boss sustained burst aoe attack. He was the only person alive afterwards besides myself.

#38 Trei

Trei

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2910 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

And you know the best part?
I can still throw my claymore at the poor sod flinging stuff at me after all those blocks, anytime within those 3 secs.

#39 Graphic Violence

Graphic Violence

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

View PostDahk, on 16 November 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

Yea, but this is nothing new.  Forums are therapy for people and games like GW2 can be pretty meaningful to people, especially considering how much time and effort people spend on them.  If someone had spent hundreds of hours on a painting, only to have someone come over and spill ink on it, they'd be just as upset.  Sure, they might be able to paint over it, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't elicit the same visceral response.  This part of who we are as human beings.

Also, forum drama over issues in games is now pretty much expected by game developers.  If there's a subdued, yet steady rumble about an issue, most game devs will put that at a low priority, regardless of how much it actually affects the player.

Think of it like when half time shows get those guys with the shirt cannons to give out shirts and free stuff to the section of the crowd that cheers the loudest.  Sure, it's just a t-shirt, but you'll never get one by simply relying on an articulate, logical explanation of why they should receive one.

This doesn't justify people acting like complete jerks, but unfortunately it's expected for any progress to be made.

You deep Bear, you deep! I like this explanation...

#40 Bakelith

Bakelith

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

From what I heard previously and what was said on last page, this is only a minor patch for rangers, there will be more changes.

#41 GW2Ranger

GW2Ranger

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostPandiano, on 16 November 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

And now the sky is falling on our heads! No one will love us and we will left out in the cold an dark! Forever !

Did I hit the tone of this thread approximately?



Love the way of how you sum it up.

View PostTrei, on 17 November 2012 - 03:00 AM, said:

Well, here's a silver lining with the Counter Attack tweak -

We can now block multiple times against ranged attacks, for as long as the block duration.
This apparently includes persistent/pulsing area effects like poison cloud etc, of which I can stand in the AOE and just keep chain blocking all pulses (and any other ranged attack aimed at me) for the full 3 seconds.

I don't know about you guys, but a 3-sec immunity to direct and AoE ranged attacks is way more than a minor buff to me.

I only hope it is actually intended.

How does this block thing work? I am usually strafing around to keep myself alive when I was still playing back then.

Do guide me on this if you can.

I am a ranger by the way.

Thanks

Edited by GW2Ranger, 17 November 2012 - 04:11 PM.


#42 Trei

Trei

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2910 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

View PostGW2Ranger, on 17 November 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

How does this block thing work? I am usually strafing around to keep myself alive when I was still playing back then.
Press greatsword #4 when you think you are going to get hit.

:rolleyes:
Eh.. yup, that's about it.

Edited by Trei, 17 November 2012 - 05:04 PM.


#43 Daisy Rogers

Daisy Rogers

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THF]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostGW2Ranger, on 17 November 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

Love the way of how you sum it up.



How does this block thing work? I am usually strafing around to keep myself alive when I was still playing back then.

Do guide me on this if you can.

I am a ranger by the way.

Thanks

GS #4 when activated has the channel time like all blocks. If someone is shooting you at range it will block all the attacks without dropping the guard much like the soldiers shield block. Great for covering yourself when you are making a retreat or closing on a ranged character.

once you enter melee range if it blocks an attack it will execute as normal blocking the hit and then dropping the guard to kick the opponent back interrupting if it was a channeled attack.

alternatively, as before you can press 4 again to chuck your sword for a ranged hit with condition.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Daisy Rogers, 17 November 2012 - 11:12 PM.


#44 SpelignErrir

SpelignErrir

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

Well...it makes greatsword a beast of a weapon.

A 40% increase of damage on a spammable skill as well as an active block.

That's pretty damn awesome.

#45 Helistin

Helistin

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:03 PM



#46 SpelignErrir

SpelignErrir

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostHelistin, on 18 November 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:



That was brilliant.

#47 saul1991

saul1991

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

View PostHelistin, on 18 November 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:


had me rolling lol. this just made my day

#48 wolfpaq777

wolfpaq777

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostJetjordan, on 16 November 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

my bust, I was thinking spread.  Still that makes harpoon gun a monster now.

Did you even use harpoon gun before this patch?  The damage was REALLY bad.  I'm not even sure multiplying it by 2.5 is enough to balance it, but I have yet to test so I can't jump to conclusions yet.

#49 Red J

Red J

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 712 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LoA]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

IMO, the only think that makes underwater combat bearable for me is my blue jellyfish pet.

That thing is a monster.

Edited by Red J, 21 November 2012 - 09:56 PM.


#50 Daisy Rogers

Daisy Rogers

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THF]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

View PostRed J, on 21 November 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

IMO, the only think that makes underwater combat bearable for me is my blue jellyfish pet.

That thing is a monster.

I heart my jellies, only class I am actually comfortable with using under water... and its all because of the jellies. My Jelly single handidly tanked the fractal water jelly while our entire party fragged it from range. It was awesome. I was so proud of that little guy.

Also watched it shred 10 barricuda to shreds in a matter of seconds. Seriously, Jelly is no joke.

#51 Trei

Trei

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2910 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostDaisy Rogers, on 17 November 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

once you enter melee range if it blocks an attack it will execute as normal blocking the hit and then dropping the guard to kick the opponent back interrupting if it was a channeled attack.
In fact, I just realised that Counter Attack can block multiple melee attacks as well, just not for the full 3 secs.

All melee attacks incoming at you, between the time Counter Attack blocks the first one and the moment the followup knockback swing actually connects with first attacker, are apparently also blocked.

#52 Eenskolde

Eenskolde

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 56 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

  • Ranger
  • Fixed a bug that allowed a ranger to have two traps of the same type active simultaneously.
:D

#53 Red J

Red J

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 712 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LoA]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

I bet 99% of ranger population didn't even know such bug existed.

I still wonder whether this bugfix was genuine or just an atempt to troll us.

#54 tatsuo

tatsuo

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 378 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Anet really likes to troll on rangers..

#55 Snarvid

Snarvid

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Agree that all the pet commands should be part of the UI not skills.

Disagree that anet is really trolling rangers. You should see what they did to phantasms. At least you aren't getting markedly worse with every patch.

Love the video. No excuse that they've only got 2 devs on skills - as we like to say in our house, "that's a you problem."  Crappy balance between classes is a community problem.

Edited by Snarvid, 06 December 2012 - 03:44 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users