• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AlpinePanda

AlpinePanda

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

Hey, so I have a AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.16 GHz, is this okay to use to play GW2?  And if I do use it, what will happen (will I lag, crash, etc?)  Sorry, I'm not computer savvy, so sorry if this a dumb question.  Thanks in advance.

#2 tijo

tijo

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3169 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RISE]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

Woah, that thing is antique at this point, i had to google that model to find out form when it was which wasn't a good sign to start with. Simply put, forget it, you don't have the clock speed, it is way older than a core 2 duo which is the minimum requirement and oh yeah, 1 core...

If that rig even has a video card, it's bound to be outdated as well. If you want to play GW2, you need a whole new rig and by play, i don't mean not get lag, i mean being able to run the game at all.

Edited by tijo, 16 November 2012 - 04:47 AM.

#3 The Comfy Chair

The Comfy Chair

The best at space

• Members
  • 5330 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[TKOT]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

Tijo is indeed correct, that CPU is nearly a decade old and wasn't high end even for the time. No chance whatsoever.

Also, lol, 130nm half node pitch process (for reference, ivy bridge is 22nm), good times.

Edited by The Comfy Chair, 16 November 2012 - 12:52 PM.

If you want to check if your computer will run GW2, check here.

If you find out you can't and need to think about upgrading or building another, check here.

#4 tijo

tijo

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3169 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RISE]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

Comfy, if you want hold, i was holding a 486 in my hands yesterday. :P

#5 typographie

typographie

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1803 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Many games these days won't even start up without at least a dual-core processor. I don't know if GW2 is one of them, but that processor is already pushing 10 years old. GW2 pushes around even the latest CPUs.

#6 AlpinePanda

AlpinePanda

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

View Posttijo, on 16 November 2012 - 04:46 AM, said:

Woah, that thing is antique at this point, i had to google that model to find out form when it was which wasn't a good sign to start with. Simply put, forget it, you don't have the clock speed, it is way older than a core 2 duo which is the minimum requirement and oh yeah, 1 core...

If that rig even has a video card, it's bound to be outdated as well. If you want to play GW2, you need a whole new rig and by play, i don't mean not get lag, i mean being able to run the game at all.

Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for.  Hoepfully I'll be able to buy a decent Mobo and CPU set up on black friday/cyber monday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users