...I am truly stunned. Not at the nerfs, I consider them to be fair but mostly because I am a ranger main, I say "am" I mean "was" - despite it being my favourite profession lore wise upon playing ANY other profession I just couldn't get over that feeling of mediocre damage.... Anet said they had a "16 bullet point" long list for the rangers in this patch....
- Improved the effect chance on ranger spirits to 35% base and 50% when traited.
- Beastmastery minor traits now use the correct icon.
- Splinter Shot: This skill’s damage is increased by 150%, and its bleeding duration is increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
- Counterattack: The blocking portion of this skill can now be used while moving. Ranged attacks will not trigger the second half of the skill.
- Protecting Screech: This skill now states the correct duration of 4 seconds.
- Call of the Wild: The Wilderness Survival trait Off-Hand Training now applies to this skill.
- Throw Torch: The speed of the projectile has been increased.
- Maul: This skill’s damage has been increased by 40%.
- Sun Spirit: The tooltip for this skill now displays the proper burning time of 3 seconds.
- Whirling Defense: This skill was updated so that it interacts better with combo fields.
- Splinter Shot: This skill is now a small projectile combo finisher.
- Coral Shot: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
- Feeding Frenzy: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
- Mercy Shot: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
.....are you FREAKING KIDDING ME?! This patch was meant to FIX the class
maybe reverse the hideous "4os animation fix" >.> or better yet, give us some damn utilites that are VIABLE instead of worthless shouts, traps which are inferior to thief in every way, maybe buff up the condition dmg capability of the short bow (seeing as it clearly can't be used for damage). I'm only raging so hard because I want to be able to enjoy my main again
Second point: they've started a pvp/pve skill split...that is a TERRIBLE idea, that completely breaks the idea of "balance" - if a theif is OP in pve chances are it's going to be op in PvP too! Surely, you should fix both? Competition in PvE DOES exist - just ask anyone who's sick of below par aoe for their profession doing an orr zerg grind...they can't ever tag enough mobs to get decent loot!!
Aside from that, obviously so exited for Lost Shore, those new chests are CLEARLY a massive gem push again
don't get suckered in until we know more about drop rates and items people....!! Not enough to make me quit the game at all, I love this game, their dedication to putting out new, FREE content makes me happy they care about their game, they care that people enjoy it. The QQ about Ascended is effing stupid... it's a tier for those of us who have exotic (i.e. 80% of the population >.>) and DONT wan't to look like everyone else....but can no way afford a 180g precursor to even start legendaries (tbh I don't even want to... the skins aren't great...mayybe Predator rifle would tempt me) I hope the skins don't suck, but I am still sad about ranger tho... ah well...time to make a mesmer!!