Killyox

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3117 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[InVi]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

PVE aside, pvp  "balance" is a knee jerk. More things nerfed to the level of shit. Shit things untouched. Flamethrower #2 still bugs out 95% of the time and generally engineer got shat on. Not only him though.

#62 Killyox

Killyox

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3117 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[InVi]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Tbh who's fault it is there are 2 ppl working on balance? Why should i care? Get your shit together and get more people on it. There is shit that has been since closed beta and it's still not fixed.

#63 Rouzeki

Rouzeki

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

I, too, expected massive PvP balance changes and was pretty disappointed in the recent patch but I still enjoy the game and will stick to PvE and some WvWvW until they get their shit together with sPvP

#64 Dusty Friday

Dusty Friday

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

Guys, too much shit together equals a huge pile of shit, be careful what you wish for.

#65 radamant

radamant

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LEPR]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

View PostRyphTheFox, on 15 November 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

I'm not going to be wasting my time with this game any more if they can't take their own shit seriously.  Arenanet has such a piss poor way of communicating with their players and enough is enough.

Bon voyage then and don`t look back..

#66 DeRange

DeRange

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

View PostKillyox, on 16 November 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

and generally engineer got shat on. Not only him though.

lolwut

/10chars

#67 Tregarde

Tregarde

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1018 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

GW2 hasn't lived up to the hopes and expectations, there's no question about that. But I am having a lot of fun with the game, and I do think that the game is getting better.

If you don't like the game now, take a break and come back in a few months.

#68 jimmie51

jimmie51

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GLH]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Not that I am defending Anet, but this is a F2P game.  Does anyone think that if it were a P2P game they would have more poeple on staff doing the fixes?  I have no idea but for a F2P MMO I don't mind waiting a little longer for fixes.  But I am a more casual gamer now.  I can see a few years back losing my helm over something like this.  Just give it some time guys it will all balance out we are still talking about a very new game and its F2P at that.

#69 Rouzeki

Rouzeki

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

View Postjimmie51, on 16 November 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

Not that I am defending Anet, but this is a F2P game.  Does anyone think that if it were a P2P game they would have more poeple on staff doing the fixes?  I have no idea but for a F2P MMO I don't mind waiting a little longer for fixes.  But I am a more casual gamer now.  I can see a few years back losing my helm over something like this.  Just give it some time guys it will all balance out we are still talking about a very new game and its F2P at that.

Although I am disappointed by this patch (let down is more like it), this sums up my point of view pretty much.

#70 Skolops

Skolops

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

I have to agree.  I got the game for PvP, originally.  After finding the sPvP to be, well, horrendously bad, I started doing more open world PvE and had a good time with it.  The problem is that its gotten boring over the past few months - most notably because of the decrease in popluations.  Now, after reading the hype ANet made about this patch, I was looking forward to it for some time.

When it came out, I excitedly read through it and was enormously underwhelmed.  My motivation for ever logging in again dropped pretty substantially.  On top of that, I had resubbed to SWtOR just a few days before the patch dropped and have been having a lot of fun there since.  Between the increasing boredom of the game, the fact that PvP remains unplayable, and TOR, I just can't see myself playing this anymore.  

I was very much excited for the patch and ready to be drawn back into the game.  This was their chance, but they really blew it.  If anything, they pushed me further away.

#71 The_Tree_Branch

The_Tree_Branch

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

View PostOmilla, on 16 November 2012 - 01:34 AM, said:

Again, medal credit is different than kill credit/loot credit.  And I am not "claiming" anything. I am simply stating a fact.  You are the one making a "claim" that a new patch feature is bugged without any solid proof other than anecdotal evidence.

Get a group and kill a champion with just the 5 of you.  If it does not drop loot then your claims begin to hold water.

First champion in fractals, group didn't get loot.

#72 Roland Der Meister

Roland Der Meister

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

GW1 Wasn't perfect in the pvp area when it launched give it time  people are expecting way to much in a short amount of time from this game atm. But me personally i think the game launched way to early . Any way i still see people complaining If you get major massive PvP things added right away to get a big pile of shit let anet work on one  thing slowly and in time the PvP will establish it self in time. Give them a break this is their first big open world MMO

Edited by Roland Der Meister, 16 November 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#73 JStone610

JStone610

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostRabidusIncendia, on 16 November 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

Who would've thought out of 10,000+ members on guru two of them might have opposing views.

Is the answer me?

#74 Ivarr_Ironfist

Ivarr_Ironfist

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

I think the problem with GW2 SPvP is that the developers were so busy listening to what consumers said they wanted they didn't stop and think about what would actually make SPvP fun. I realize "fun" is something a extremely subjective, however, here is my take on why I didn't find SPvP very fun:
  • Limited opportunity for exciting moments. For example, critical game-deciding play (you do X or you lose) and kill streaks.
  • Frustrating game-play. For example, random lucky dodges from opponents, tons of dodge or die builds, bunkering builds and rock-paper-scissors builds/professions you just stood no chance of beating. Dodge in general was a frustrating mechanic.
  • Conquest not particularly fun as a map type.
  • Excessive build choices meant there was an illusion of options. In reality, there were relatively few competitive builds. Less choice would have meant tighter balance and hence more competitively viable builds. (Common problem in most MMOs).
  • Too easy to master your character's abilities and controls. The emphasis was more on knowledge of other people's. Made the learning curve start off very moderate and then become extremely steep.
  • Lack of character progression. And no, I'm not talking gear here. I didn't feel particularly motivated to grind for the supposedly better looking gear (didn't like it) or PvP ranks.
  • Lack of alt re-playability. One thing I really enjoy and look forward to in MMO PvP (and MMOs in general) is slowly unlocking new abilities. With everything unlocked within 5 minutes of rolling a new character (i.e. merely entering the Mists) there were no abilities to look forward to as you got given everything.
  • No cost to losing meant to winning was actually much less exciting.

Edited by Ivarr_Ironfist, 17 November 2012 - 01:17 AM.

#75 Featherman

Featherman

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1028 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

Well on one hand they're not making kneejerk changes based on public outcry....but on the other hand most of the changes make absolutely no sense.

#76 Athletic

Athletic

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

"Only 4 teams able to win paid"

Well guess what, they're practicing not complaining on forums

#77 FoxBat

FoxBat

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 3973 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

View PostTregarde, on 16 November 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

If you don't like the game now, take a break and come back in a few months.

As this patch shows, it's not like it will be any different then.

#78 UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BOMB]

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

View Postjimmie51, on 16 November 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

All FPS and RTS games are F2P yet they have no problems with balance.

P2P is just a form of price gouging. It doesn't actually add any value to a game.

The problem with all MMOs is that they have two game modes. To fix this, I suggest releasing PvE and PvP games separately with independent development teams.

Edited by UssjTrunks, 17 November 2012 - 03:19 AM.

#79 Lazarael

Lazarael

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

2 Designers doesn't mean 2 people working on balance.  Not everyone who works on the games is a designer.  If I said there were two architects working on a skyscaper would you would be silly to think only 2 people were building the skyscownr.  Designers figure out what the problems are with balance and then how to solve them.  Once they figure out how to solve them they send out thier specifications to other programmers to make the actual changes.  So no there are not just 2 people working on balance there are way more.  There is just 2 people figuring out what needs to be done.

Also its silly to focus on balance before you get most of your bugs fixed.  If you go out and balance the game with lots of bugs then go to fix the bugs you will unbalance the game.  They are better off focusing on the bugs first then working on the balance.

#80 Craywulf

Craywulf

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5273 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

A lot bitching about changes or the lack thereof. Nobody wants to take in consideration that not everyone agrees what changes are good or bad and not everyone agrees about what is lacking in change. Far too many people making blanket complaints and just labeling them as "changes" or calling them "(profession) changes". I mean what the hell is that?

Be specific or don't bother posting, because it all looks like a bunch of crying over nothing.

#81 Lazarast

Lazarast

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Server:Baruch Bay

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

PvP needs lot's of love. A lot of players came to this game to play PvP and the sensation is that it's not finish. Of course it's still "new" but it would be nice to see some work to do this game an e-sport how they said and not only bugg fixes and a new map for free tournaments.

#82 Omilla

Omilla

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

View PostThe_Tree_Branch, on 16 November 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

First champion in fractals, group didn't get loot.

You again?  You went away for 2 days and came back with that?  I have taken then time to find the exact patch notes regarding what you say is bugged.  So in the future stop being so defensive and just admit you were wrong and jumping on the QQ train bound for the Slashwrish Station.  

The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased. Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons.

Key words in bold.

You're welcome.
Have a good ride and please hold on to the bar.

Edited by Omilla, 18 November 2012 - 01:32 AM.

#83 The_Tree_Branch

The_Tree_Branch

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

View PostOmilla, on 18 November 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

You again?  You went away for 2 days and came back with that?  I have taken then time to find the exact patch notes regarding what you say is bugged.  So in the future stop being so defensive and just admit you were wrong and jumping on the QQ train bound for the Slashwrish Station.  

The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased. Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons.

Key words in bold.

You're welcome.
Have a good ride and please hold on to the bar.

Apparently, you need some reading comprehension classes. Let me requote what you just did with a translation for you. You may also want to check the timestamps on all my posts. Gone for two days? Was less than 24 hours...

"The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased (this isn't the chance to get an item, this is a chance to get a rare/exotic after it's already been decided you get an item). Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop (aka, in general, rares/exotics are more bountiful) and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons."

Bold is the important part.

Get a group and kill a champion with just the 5 of you.  If it does not drop loot then your claims begin to hold water.

I did just what you suggested. People in my party did not get loot. Aka, my original statement still holds true. This seems to be bugged.

#84 Omilla

Omilla

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

View PostThe_Tree_Branch, on 18 November 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

Apparently, you need some reading comprehension classes. Let me requote what you just did with a translation for you. You may also want to check the timestamps on all my posts. Gone for two days? Was less than 24 hours...

"The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased (this isn't the chance to get an item, this is a chance to get a rare/exotic after it's already been decided you get an item). Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop (aka, in general, rares/exotics are more bountiful) and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons."

Bold is the important part.

I did just what you suggested. People in my party did not get loot. Aka, my original statement still holds true. This seems to be bugged.

No.  The patch applies to WORLD CHAMPS ONLY.  Read it again.  If it doesn't sink in read it one more time.  The entire statement applies to WORLD CHAMPS ONLY.

#85 The_Tree_Branch

The_Tree_Branch

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

View PostOmilla, on 18 November 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

No.  The patch applies to WORLD CHAMPS ONLY.  Read it again.  If it doesn't sink in read it one more time.  The entire statement applies to WORLD CHAMPS ONLY.

And I quote "EVERY CHAMPION should be guaranteed to drop loot".

No where does it say World/Meta event champions. It says "drop rate of rare/exotic weapons in certain places of the world" and "to ensure that world loot drops were not significantly worse way of acquiring"

If you can point to any other place where Anet had more clear wording then the above, please link. Otherwise, you are blowing smoke out of your ass.

#86 Omilla

Omilla

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

View PostThe_Tree_Branch, on 18 November 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

And I quote "EVERY CHAMPION should be guaranteed to drop loot".

No where does it say World/Meta event champions. It says "drop rate of rare/exotic weapons in certain places of the world" and "to ensure that world loot drops were not significantly worse way of acquiring"

If you can point to any other place where Anet had more clear wording then the above, please link. Otherwise, you are blowing smoke out of your ass.

Your quote proves my point further.  Certain places of the world does NOT include dungeons. Never has,  Never will.  Thank you for admitting you were getting bent for nothing.

Have a good night.  <hugs>

Edited by Omilla, 18 November 2012 - 02:52 AM.

#87 The_Tree_Branch

The_Tree_Branch

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

View PostOmilla, on 18 November 2012 - 02:51 AM, said:

Your quote proves my point further.  Certain places of the world does NOT include dungeons. Never has,  Never will.  Thank you for admitting you were getting bent for nothing.

Have a good night.  <hugs>

They are two sentences with two separate points that do not carry over into each other. One deals with drops of rares/exotics in general in the world. One says every champion will drop loot (with no qualifier on where it might be). The qualifiers from one sentence don't carry over into the other. Read it as two separate bullet points.

It's fine if English isn't your first language. I just don't have the patience to be an English teacher.

#88 Omilla

Omilla

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

View PostThe_Tree_Branch, on 18 November 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

They are two sentences with two separate points that do not carry over into each other. One deals with drops of rares/exotics in general in the world. One says every champion will drop loot (with no qualifier on where it might be). The qualifiers from one sentence don't carry over into the other. Read it as two separate bullet points.

It's fine if English isn't your first language. I just don't have the patience to be an English teacher.

I am not going to separate a single bullet point in patch notes into bits and pieces to suit my whiny, attention craving, knee-jerk attempt to throw gas on a already blazing forum fire.  Here is the entire section of patch notes that contain the ones we are arguing about.  As you can see it is a single bullet point pertaining to the drop rates/types for World Champs.  There is an entire section of patch notes pertaining to dungeons and dungeon drops.  There is no mention of dungeon mobs "DRoppiNg LoOtZ FuR ShurZ".  Once again, I wish you a good night and leave you in the grace and favor of the lord.
  • Added new crafting materials as part of the Lost Shores update.
  • Crafted Halloween potions are no longer account bound.
  • The mighty Zommoros has slightly increased the drop rate on Legendary precursor weapons from the Mystic Forge from both Rares and Exotics.
  • The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased. Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons.
  • The amount of loot that drops for downscaled players has been increased. You should now be able to receive level-equivalent loot until you are fighting at a downscaled level that is less than 2/3 of your actual level. You should also receive loot a greater percentage of the time as well as receiving a greater percentage of experience, gold, and karma. For level 80 characters, this means level 55+ areas will be able to drop level 80 gear and give about 75% or so of the other rewards. Previously, these areas would give level 77 gear at best and closer to 60% or so of your rewards.

#89 Larsen

Larsen

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

View PostRickter, on 16 November 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

because this game has no subscription, you shouldnt feel pressured to play and you shouldnt expect a trip to the moon.

That's ridiculous. You're saying that the absence of a subscription fee means there cannot be anything wrong with the game? That people aren't allowed to be disappointed or dissatisfied with some parts of it?

you are free to leave and when the game gets better, you can come back at no charge.  what other game gives you that kind of opportunity?

Literally every game ever made in the history of video games except for one fringe genre with less than ten triple-A titles. It's not like non-subscription games are some kind of fabulous invention and a feature that can carry and excuse an otherwise bad game. This game wouldn't work with a subscription model -- it isn't good enough!

not WoW for sure.  you are going to have to pay. pay. pay. pay. pay.

You bring up WoW in literally every post you make. You're completely obsessed with it, and your hatred of Blizzard shines through in everything you write. It's quite hilarious, and I'm not sure if you realize how much of a complete moron it makes you look like.

i think GW2 is the best bang for your buck on the market right now,

Better than League of Legends, currently by far the most popular PC game, which is completely free if you wish it? Better than SC2, the game featuring the highest competitive level and best coverage of any eSport?

and people playing the game are having a great time.

So now you straight up attempt to speak for everyone. Nice job. I especially like the part where you're in complete denial of the fact that this game is in freefall, players leaving in droves, events being a complete unplayalbe farce, and the game's focal point - PvP - being completely stillborn with nobody taking it seriously anymore.

You always crack me up, Rickter.

#90 The_Tree_Branch

The_Tree_Branch

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

View PostOmilla, on 18 November 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

I am not going to separate a single bullet point in patch notes into bits and pieces to suit my whiny, attention craving, knee-jerk attempt to throw gas on a already blazing forum fire.  Here is the entire section of patch notes that contain the ones we are arguing about.  As you can see it is a single bullet point pertaining to the drop rates/types for World Champs.  There is an entire section of patch notes pertaining to dungeons and dungeon drops.  There is no mention of dungeon mobs "DRoppiNg LoOtZ FuR ShurZ".  Once again, I wish you a good night and leave you in the grace and favor of the lord.
  • Added new crafting materials as part of the Lost Shores update.
  • Crafted Halloween potions are no longer account bound.
  • The mighty Zommoros has slightly increased the drop rate on Legendary precursor weapons from the Mystic Forge from both Rares and Exotics.
  • The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased. Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons.
  • The amount of loot that drops for downscaled players has been increased. You should now be able to receive level-equivalent loot until you are fighting at a downscaled level that is less than 2/3 of your actual level. You should also receive loot a greater percentage of the time as well as receiving a greater percentage of experience, gold, and karma. For level 80 characters, this means level 55+ areas will be able to drop level 80 gear and give about 75% or so of the other rewards. Previously, these areas would give level 77 gear at best and closer to 60% or so of your rewards.

You missed one. It went along the lines of "every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot". Searching not required. Need a highligher?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users