Guild of Choice

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GOC]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

Hi guys,

The creators of the classic Sierra Adventure/RPG series, Quest for Glory are looking for pledges for their Kickstarter: Hero-U Rogue to Redemption. There are only 4 days left now and they still need about $130,000 to fund the game.

The Quest for Glory games were renown for branching storylines depending on which character class you played and how you approached problems. It's actually kind of similar to the way Guild Wars 2 handles it's personal storyline (i.e. depending on background and choices made, the story changes). I'm pretty sure Lori and Corey Cole will be bringing this kind of gameplay, where your choices matter into their new game.

So if you're a Sierra adventure game fan from way back or you like games where your choices matter and have a bearing on the overall storyline, please check out Hero-U :).

http://www.kickstart...mption?ref=live

#2 FoxBat

FoxBat

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 3974 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

Kinda depressing that no-one seems to give a damn about the QFG creators. Of course, maybe that's just because they are being completely honest about not making another QFG, unlike many of these projects. There's a ton of linked interviews that give a pretty clear idea of what you are getting.

I'm a bit surprised to see no iOS port, between turn-based and 2D it seems pretty easy, and usually very profitable. I'd actually prefer that format myself.

Edited by FoxBat, 16 November 2012 - 12:09 AM.

#3 Midnight_Tea

Midnight_Tea

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

Funny, I was thinking about QFG today.

Basically, it's the series I wish that more MMOs were like. n_n

#4 Guild of Choice

Guild of Choice

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GOC]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

http://www.hero-u.net/

The main website now has been updated and it has a lot more info about the game and team. It also has some goodies (wallpaper + music) for anyone to download :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users