#1 Phoenixscorp

Phoenixscorp

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

SO here are the necro changes:

Necromancer
  • The Soul Reaping trait line now properly increases maximum Life Force.
  • Ghastly Claws: This skill’s damage has been increased by 10% and updated to indicate the correct life force gained.
  • Reaper’s Touch: This skill applies 4 stacks of vulnerability per hit instead of 3.
  • Mark of Blood: This skill now uses the standard staff scythe cast effects.
  • Spectral Wall: This skill now applies its recharge at the correct time instead of both during and after casting.
  • Dark Path: This skill now applies it recharge at the correct time instead of both during and after casting.
  • Spinal Shivers: This skill’s casting effects and audio are now consistent with or without the Spiteful Talisman trait.
  • Soul Marks and Mark of Revival: These traits now work together to grant 3% life force to players when triggered.
  • Death Nova: This skill now properly activates when using Taste of Death and Putrid Explosion. The internal cooldown has been removed. This skill’s field duration is now 4 seconds, and the rate it pulses has been increased to every 2 seconds. Its poison duration is 5 seconds per pulse.
  • Weakening Shroud: This trait now functions underwater.
  • Mark of Evasion: This trait is no longer a blast finisher when the mark is created.
  • Plague Blast: This skill’s casting time has been reduced.
  • Death Shroud: Moa Morph now removes Death Shroud from the target instead of the necromancer being stuck in Death Shroud and using their entire bar while in the transform.
  • Deadly Catch: This skill now pulls enemies to the necromancer in a reliable fashion.
  • Summon Blood Fiend: The Blood Fiend’s survivability has been increased, and its attack now heals the necromancer for 200% of its previous heal.
  • Spectral Walk: This skill now sets its underwater slot appropriately on recharge.
  • Corrosive Poison Cloud: This skill’s duration tooltip has been corrected.
  • Frozen Abyss: This skill now lists the vulnerability it applies.
  • Spectral Grasp: This skill’s projectile velocity has been increased by 33%.
  • Lich Form: Leaving this skill now removes stability from the player to make the removal consistent with all other transform elites.
  • Feast: This skill no longer causes damage to the necromancer.
  • Sinking Tomb: This skill now has a correct range of 1200, cannot hit targets above the water, and has to hit the target to cause the sink effect.
  • Vampiric Precision, Vampiric Rituals, and Vampiric: These traits have been updated so that they don’t heal enemies when in lower-level areas.
  • Signet of Spite: This skill’s description now indicates all conditions applied.

Opinions? -1 blast finisher :S

#2 gnuworldorder

gnuworldorder

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

necro nerf. removed blast finish and didnt fix plague signet

#3 Lopez

Lopez

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

The axe change is nowhere near enough, is it? I haven't played enough with axe to know.

It seems like there were next to no balance changes across all classes. Even the Thief nerfs were really minor.

#4 SpelignErrir

SpelignErrir

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

GEE WHAT A GIANT AXE BUFF

10% on the no 2 skill which nobody uses because it doesn't stack vuln!

That's...underwhelming...

#5 Phoenixscorp

Phoenixscorp

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

First couple of hours experience:

thanks to the nerf on other classes, I survived more, dmged quite good ( I think slightly better than before) , so in sum I felt stronger now. I only tested with condi build ( 0/30/10/10/20) but seems to be bleeding stack faster ( or maybe 4 Krait rune has been fixed )

So guys, have fun:)

#6 Wraith of Orr

Wraith of Orr

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

What a horrific train-wreck of a patch. I can't believe to express my disappointment at the lack of balance adjustments. So many weapon sets on so many classes, especially Necros, but also Elementalists and Rangers, are tragically useless. All this patch offers are some silly bug fixes that should've been taken care of ages ago.

Essentially, this patch for Necros is equivalent to offering someone a band-aid and some antibiotic ointment after an artillery shell landed in their lap. Necros needed emergency surgery, not first-aid and a pat on the back.

#7 Louis8k8

Louis8k8

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BS]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

So basically nothing happened except we lost a combo finisher. And the rest nobody really cares about.

#8 Skyro

Skyro

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

The Axe 2 skill buff is probably like a 5% damage buff or something since it has such a low cooldown. I dunno if that's really enough though...

The fixing of the soul reaping traitline is pretty big bug fix though. 30% more life force is quite noticable.

#9 MorvianWhisperwind

MorvianWhisperwind

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

Well, it could be argued that minions just got a huge buff. The Blood Fiend heals for more and survives more, so that's good. Plus Death Nova just became way more interesting because it triggers when you sacrifice your Bone Minions or Blood Fiend. Now you can somewhat control where the poison field is at least.

Of course, they are still hampered by the AI. I doubt anyone expected that to be a quick fix though.

I'm disappointed, as I'm sure everyone else is, that Plague Signet is not fixed still. That skill would be incredibly useful if it actually did what it was supposed to. Since it doesnt, I only have it on my underwater bar.

#10 Reverse Ghost

Reverse Ghost

Horrors Persist

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 201 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

Oh, well. Maybe next time.

But probably not. :(

Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users