7 replies to this topic

#1 Lafiele

Lafiele

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hi,

I've asked the question earlier and people have told me that there is a small chance if you combine 4 same items level and class you get a different item. Lately, the last 4 items i've mystic forged has brought me back a completely different item in exchange.

Did they make recent changes to the mystic forge where the class of item doesn't matter and any 4 rares of the same level will have a chance of bringing back a random rare or exotic?

#2 JunoGuts

JunoGuts

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

All the itens i put in the mystic forge (rares) will give you a rare with (since the last update) a sligh increase chance to get a exotic.
AFAIK, it will give the same tiype of item, if you put 4 shoulders you will get a shoulder, 4 axes an axe and so on.

#3 Arquenya

Arquenya

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1204 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DVDF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

I wonder how much chance there is to get an exotic.
I could craft a pile of rare swords myself to try it out - but if buying what I want from the TP is cheaper in most cases ..

#4 turbo234

turbo234

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1039 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostJunoGuts, on 16 November 2012 - 10:12 AM, said:

All the itens i put in the mystic forge (rares) will give you a rare with (since the last update) a sligh increase chance to get a exotic.
AFAIK, it will give the same tiype of item, if you put 4 shoulders you will get a shoulder, 4 axes an axe and so on.

they increased the probability of getting a precursor specifically, not increased the chance of all exotics.

and op, I'm not sure I understand. Are you putting 4 of the same item and getting a different type of item back from the forge?
I.e. 4 pistols into the forge gives a staff?

#5 Lafiele

Lafiele

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

View Postturbo234, on 16 November 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

they increased the probability of getting a precursor specifically, not increased the chance of all exotics.

and op, I'm not sure I understand. Are you putting 4 of the same item and getting a different type of item back from the forge?
I.e. 4 pistols into the forge gives a staff?

Yes, I put in 4 level 80 Rare GS and I got back a Exotic Torch, Rare scepter and two other non GS things. I just figured the chances were a bit slim to get 3-4 in a row of a different class item

#6 JunoGuts

JunoGuts

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

View PostLafiele, on 16 November 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

Yes, I put in 4 level 80 Rare GS and I got back a Exotic Torch, Rare scepter and two other non GS things. I just figured the chances were a bit slim to get 3-4 in a row of a different class item

You put 4 itens and got 4 itens back?
or that happened to you 4 times? if so that is weird!

#7 Lafiele

Lafiele

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

View PostJunoGuts, on 16 November 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

You put 4 itens and got 4 itens back?
or that happened to you 4 times? if so that is weird!

I mean I combined 4 lvl 80 rare GS 4 times, not getting four items back lol. That would be nice though :)

#8 Mozzy

Mozzy

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

I have experienced this myself on occasion

Edited by Mozzy, 16 November 2012 - 11:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users