#1 Scizzor

Scizzor

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EG]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Anyone else having problems with line of sight with phantasms.. What i mean is I'm having problems hitting enemies even when I see them. It seems to get very buggy when i'm on a slope/hill. I've only been using it in PvE and some WvW and it's just very frustrating.

Any other people having similar problems?

#2 Pysgasm

Pysgasm

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Yea the los nerf on some of the phantasms was a little premature. What they really need to rework is LOS itself, not just the abilities. When I see someone on a wall clearly theres no reason the spatial surge should be popping 'obstructed' messages all over my screen because said player has 2 inches of wall covering his toes.

I can understand not casting through walls and behind doors but anyone on top of a wall should be fair game.

Edited by Pysgasm, 16 November 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#3 Touche

Touche

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostScizzor, on 16 November 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

Anyone else having problems with line of sight with phantasms.. What i mean is I'm having problems hitting enemies even when I see them. It seems to get very buggy when i'm on a slope/hill. I've only been using it in PvE and some WvW and it's just very frustrating.

Any other people having similar problems?

It's a Mesmer Nerf. Go look at my thread on Mesmer Patch notes....or go to the GW2 website...

You also can't cast illusions while blinded.

#4 Lilitu

Lilitu

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

You mean mesmers have to land their skills just like other players? Wtf?

#5 Skadar1

Skadar1

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

What he is talking about is the coding of the skill itself.
It appears to be coded to shoot a hidden projectile that on hit, spawns the phantasm.
The issue he is bringing up is that the hidden projectile appears to be buggy and generating an obstructed result even at times there is a clear LOS. (This is an issue present in some skills but is new to the phantasm skills.)

Edited by Skadar1, 16 November 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#6 Touche

Touche

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

View PostSkadar1, on 16 November 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

What he is talking about is the coding of the skill itself.
It appears to be coded to shoot a hidden projectile that on hit, spawns the phantasm.
The issue he is bringing up is that the hidden projectile appears to be buggy and generating an obstructed result even at times there is a clear LOS. (This is an issue present in some skills but is new to the phantasm skills.)

It seems that LOS only applies to players within 100% of view. Therefore a player partially obstructed by a hill or rock is not considered in LOS. This may be a bug or not, I"m not sure.

#7 Kymeric

Kymeric

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1961 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

OBSTRUCTED OBSTRUCTED OBSTRUCTED

Yeah.  Small changes in terrain are causing this.  I was fighting Karka ankle deep in that corally/rocky terrain and couldn't summon a clone a large portion of the time.

Lilitu... do you play a mesmer?  Because a lot of our utilities are dependent on our illusions, not just hitting people.  Imagine if other professions had diminished heals (heal based on number of illusions out), buffs (might, speed, damage based on number of illusions out), and protection (distortion requiring illusions) because they couldn't land an attack due to LoS.

Or imagine if a Ranger had to successfully target to bring a pet out.

Or if a Ele had to successfully target to drop a GTAoE.

Phantasms are not just an attack spell.

#8 blindude

blindude

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1142 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

If its a hidden projectile then depending on its speed it could also be "obstructed" by simple quick changes in enemies speed direction..Well it was about time you fellow mesmers had some of the frustration classes like scepter guardian ,staff ele (for autoattacks),rangers  etc get when trying to land skills on near max range.
Now imo its not a projectile that would be stupid design..but complaining about los when eveyone else had to deal with it seems a bit weird.

Edited by blindude, 21 November 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#9 Psikerlord

Psikerlord

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

welcome to the world of Obstructed, where scorpion wire and many other seemingly useful skills are rather less useful in practice...

#10 GrandmaFunk

GrandmaFunk

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GWJ]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

It definitely feels a bit too finicky but was still a needed change to balance, especially in WvW.

That being said, I wish LOS didn't take facing into account.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phantasms, patch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users