4 replies to this topic

#1 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

So I'm wondering whether this is effecting anyone else, or if it's just bad luck...

But in the usual Penitent/Shelter farming, the drop rates of rares have seemingly dried up. Have had maybe 1 rare in about 6 rounds of the two events, whereas normally I'd get maybe 8 or so. My luck never was great, I haven't maxed MF, but have enough, but even for me... 1 rare is pitiful.

So yeah, is it just a bad hour or so or have they actually lowered the rates for drops?

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#2 P4ndora

P4ndora

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

I ran them only once and got 2 rares and 1 exotic and I had around 120% MF or so. I think it's just bad luck on your side ;)

#3 Dawn Quickblade

Dawn Quickblade

SPARKLEFARTS

• Moderators
  • 609 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FART]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

I've noticed a big difference, got probably 5 golds today doing 2 runs of FoM, and countless greens!

Edited by Dawn Quickblade, 17 November 2012 - 08:28 AM.

Got any questions about moderation or just want to chat, send a pm my way! Don't be afraid to contact me if an issue arises.

"Art is not a democracy. People don't get to vote on how it ends."

#4 slithersly

slithersly

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

I've done several hours of farming the penitent and shelter events and have also noticed a huge decrease in rares; I have 160 mf. Prior to the last update, I was recieving 2-4 rares per event. Now I get 0-1 per event. I'm wondering if they're decreasing the drop rates on rares to encourage people to grind for ascended gear, which have increased mf over the exotics.

Also, I've been selling the rares from these events for ~32+ silver each. So, that is another indication that the drops are much less now.

Edited by slithersly, 17 November 2012 - 08:48 AM.

#5 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

View Postslithersly, on 17 November 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

I've done several hours of farming the penitent and shelter events and have also noticed a huge decrease in rares; I have 160 mf. Prior to the last update, I was recieving 2-4 rares per event. Now I get 0-1 per event. I'm wondering if they're decreasing the drop rates on rares to encourage people to grind for ascended gear, which have increased mf over the exotics.

Also, I've been selling the rares from these events for ~32+ silver each. So, that is another indication that the drops are much less now.

Yeah the group I was with, as well as a few random people on Map chat were also noticing a decrease in rate....

Doesn't make much sense to drop it because of Ascended gear, although it might be to get more people into that new dungeon, if there's a decent drop rate there... but still pretty lame in that case, as they'd be forcing people into 1 type of content in order to get decent drops as well as the only place to get Ascended gear currently.

Meh, maybe it was just a bad night and it's back to normal now..

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users