• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mursie

Mursie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

So the thief nerf was meh.  As a s/d thief.. I took the loss in spike dmg of d/d backstab and made up for it with the daze and good positioning.  now... i dunno, maybe it's back to d/d for quick burst dmg since s/d will just leave you needing to hit the opponent after opener and the daze isn't as long.

with that said... I did notice something quite useful about the patch.  For so long I have felt tied to shadowstep (must have), refuge (another must have), and signet of shadows.

but with the decrease in black powder to 40 secs... i now think BP, Shadowstep,Refuge may be the best combination with the master of deception trait in shadow arts (reduces deception by 20%).  Now BP is 32 secs...refuge is 48 secs and shadowstep is 40 secs.. what do you think>?

#2 realmisr

realmisr

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

I thought the same, until I realized that I just HATE being a slug.

I've tried, really...not having any swiftness or +25% movement speed is a huge hinder...feels like I'm constantly crippled.

SoS gives movement overall, so it also works in combat...which means easier+faster positioning of the daze. If you want to use BP, I'd suggest going only 10 into shadow arts to get MoD and dump 15 into acrobatics so you can get some speed boosts (and dodges) fairly consistently.

30s for a 3 sec stealth + blind really isn't all that impressive tbh...you've got cloaked in shadows where you're pretty much going to blind + stealth anyway from c+d...the only thing bp has is that you can use it without touching anyone (for the surprise factor) and that it can break target.

Edited by realmisr, 16 November 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#3 ensoriki

ensoriki

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1983 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

I've done it with the patch but again like he said, you feel ridiculously slow since swiftness isn't exactly a common thing for thieves.
It has been useful for pulling out some quick saves mind you, since within 64 seconds you can have team stealthed 3 times. Landing the daze is harder as well, if you use Rune of the Centaur & Withdraw though then it's not so bad.

Edited by ensoriki, 16 November 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#4 realmisr

realmisr

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Stealthing teammates in this game is so trivial unless you're playing tpvp and you're TELLING them that you're going to BP. Once you hit someone you're out of stealth so 99% of the time, you stealth your team and they come out instantly...rendering the stealth useless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users