Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 5 votes

T1: SBI vs. JQQ vs. SoS - Old Foes & New Blood


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
729 replies to this topic

#31 Sunt

Sunt

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

Sbi actually dont even need Eu guilds. those SEA like Wm can stay overnight to chase the lead for days untill they are sure they have enough point for win. lol

#32 1up

1up

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 126 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[PRX]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

Fun  times tonight!

#33 Stovokor X

Stovokor X

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 249 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SF]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Lotsa mayhem. SoS borderlands Garrison @ Lords room area was a 3 way stalemate for long time. SoS valiantly trying to hold on. Amidst all that they send a sizable force to try ninja SBi Bay from north. SBi respond with 1/2 its forces and stops the push. But due to that our traction in Garrison is gone and JQ caps it. Immediately after SoS comes for SBi Longview tower with massive force and JQ decides to join the fray. We repelled that initially but had to log after.

Good stuff all around

#34 Sfuri

Sfuri

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 125 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HoES]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

Need updates. SBI should be well ahead.

Also, if you look at the old tier 2 matches you will see that they say SOS Na always looses NA prime time. Um no the state I saw, I say about 100 prx in eb that just owned the map. At one point SBI didn't even have 1 camp.

SoS is T1.  We need to step it up.

I feel like IoJ did, we didn't konw that they were this strong

Edited by Sfuri, 17 November 2012 - 09:32 AM.


#35 crowea

crowea

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 280 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostSfuri, on 17 November 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Need updates. SBI should be well ahead

Here you go:

SoS  12,466  +360
SBI  8,864  +200
JQ  7,978  +135

also just been an update to http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Edited by crowea, 17 November 2012 - 09:56 AM.


#36 Mz Pure

Mz Pure

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Guild Tag:[pW]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Good luck all servers.  Let's not use PvE as an excuse please.  We're all suffering from it, From 40-50 guildies on a saturday we've been wondering round with 15-20 tonight.

#37 crowea

crowea

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 280 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

View PostMz Pure, on 17 November 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

Good luck all servers.  Let's not use PvE as an excuse please.  We're all suffering from it, From 40-50 guildies on a saturday we've been wondering round with 15-20 tonight.

Something's up. We never do this well on a weekend, usually during the week.

SoS  15,241  +470
SBI  10,121  +125
JQ  8,823 +100

#38 Stovokor X

Stovokor X

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 249 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SF]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

View Postcrowea, on 17 November 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

Something's up. We never do this well on a weekend, usually during the week.

SoS  15,241  +470
SBI  10,121  +125
JQ  8,823 +100

Hope ... The SBi giveth and the SBi taketh away ;)

#39 RivenVII

RivenVII

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 329 posts
  • Location:California
  • Guild Tag:[KnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

As I recall, our first week in Tier 1 started out the same way until SBI and JQ decided we had to die :P Not a 2v1 QQ on account of the fact that we were in first, so it's how it should happen. Only thing was that SBI was tricky and had a hardcore push up their sleeves from Wednesday on. Watch your backs SoS ;)

#40 Christina Lee

Christina Lee

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[EMP]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

Warmachine is hard but my guild is keeping them in check in sbi bl

#41 KouShuurei

KouShuurei

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • Location:Queensdale
  • Guild Tag:[Ph]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Lots of active SOS players here, Awesome game guys, even when I always die. lol ^_^

#42 XgreatArtist

XgreatArtist

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1496 posts
  • Location:In Your Bedroom
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

View Postcrowea, on 17 November 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

Here you go:

SoS  12,466  +360
SBI  8,864  +200
JQ  7,978  +135

also just been an update to http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA
i can see JQ will fall into the 2nd tier by next week. Or at least stay in the 3rd rank. It is like empires, great kingdoms will fall one day. Though i dont do much wvw...

Edited by XgreatArtist, 17 November 2012 - 12:00 PM.


#43 crowea

crowea

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 280 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Score update for those interested:

SoS  19.063  +240
SBI  12,040  +240
JQ  10,480  +215

I'd expect the scores to tighten overnight before the NA timezone people come back on. Next few hours is the quiet period for SoS.

#44 lesath

lesath

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 114 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

View Postcrowea, on 17 November 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

Score update for those interested:

SoS  19.063  +240
SBI  12,040  +240
JQ  10,480  +215

I'd expect the scores to tighten overnight before the NA timezone people come back on. Next few hours is the quiet period for SoS.

The quiet period doesnt really apply for weekends since the NA start logging back on at 7-8am.

#45 dementedB

dementedB

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostMonsterDemon, on 17 November 2012 - 07:46 AM, said:

Basically, SBI wants to PVDoor better than anyone in history.  They felt the HOD PVDoor for weeks which suppresses their time to shine, so they now want to build their own squad for knocking down doors and say, "Look ma, I can knock down doors on weekdays!  So what you got school, work, etc  We don't so tough luck.  We win!"

I will grant you that we have good coverage, but it's not all that. For example, the first time WM pulled us to first place in the middle of the week was a very nice psychological maneuver that completely broke opponents' morale and boosted ours. I have a feeling that they simply moved their "WvW nights" to the middle of the week instead of doing it when convenient ie the weekend, which is very likely considering they like to mess with opponents' heads.

So, I'd like to welcome SoS to first tier but don't make yourselves too comfortable, you'll burn out soon and be back to PvDooring the has-beens and other burnouts.

#46 CalmLittleBuddy

CalmLittleBuddy

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 983 posts
  • Location:Insane
  • Guild Tag:[JQQ]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostVelron, on 17 November 2012 - 05:48 AM, said:

I'm important enough to post my tears in a thread that has nothing to do with me. I think people care that I quit and will rally to support me in my fight against the EVIL Anet for taking my bobbie and binnie away.

You should come to JQQ. You'd fit right in with us. The cry is strong with this one.

View PostXgreatArtist, on 17 November 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

i can see JQ will fall into the 2nd tier by next week. Or at least stay in the 3rd rank. It is like empires, great kingdoms will fall one day. Though i dont do much wvw...

Then get in the fight or keep quiet. This week is a repeat of every other week. By Wednesday it will be 1 SBI 2 JQ 3 SoS.

View PostRivenTheValorous, on 17 November 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

As I recall, our first week in Tier 1 started out the same way until SBI and JQ decided we had to die :P Not a 2v1 QQ on account of the fact that we were in first, so it's how it should happen. Only thing was that SBI was tricky and had a hardcore push up their sleeves from Wednesday on. Watch your backs SoS ;)

And then you guys folded like a lawn chair for 3 straight weeks. Everyone is fighting 2 v1. That's how it works. My server versus the other 2. Such a lame excuse.

#47 Trish

Trish

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

View Postcrowea, on 17 November 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

Something's up. We never do this well on a weekend, usually during the week.

SoS  15,241  +470
SBI  10,121  +125
JQ  8,823 +100
SoR was hungry.
SBI/JQ are probably tired. and pve event/thanksgiving messing things up.

Anyway, week is just starting.   SoS isn't HoD. No one is delusional in thinking that.  But the native SoS have now had some good fights vs SoR.  who is t1 material themselves. The t1-t2 line is really blurred right now. No clear standouts, really.  Yes, SoS beat SoR repeatedly. but not by so much, that a 2v1 focus, or an "off-week" couldn't change that outcome.   So, we'll see about burnout.  A good chunk of SoS has been fighting hard since beta, in t1.  Suggesting that part will burnout is silly.  First loss will be interesting to see.  But again, SoS was a teir4 server. The native pop didn't bandwagon to SoS for easy wins.   SoS clearly won't lord over T1 like HoD did.  We will probably lose here and there.


I don't think any of us really had a good idea of were the servers stood post HoD.  IoJ was the only one that really shifted through the ranks.  And they dropped like a rock out of T1 after doing "well". so maybe that was our hint. IoJ held their own in their t1 match, but then got rocked by SoS and SoR.

Edited by Trish, 17 November 2012 - 02:09 PM.


#48 Therion

Therion

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Quote


So, I'd like to welcome SoS to first tier but don't make yourselves too comfortable, you'll burn out soon and be back to PvDooring the has-beens and other burnouts.

That's rather ironic when you compare how firmly SBI are getting their asses kicked currently to the edge of your seat competitive fights SoR and IoJ put up.

#49 Dark

Dark

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 567 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Haven't  been able to play you guys so far but im sure its a great match up! Hopefully ill be able to play after the weekend is over.

#50 Vihar

Vihar

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 691 posts
  • Location:Boston
  • Guild Tag:[Rage]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostTrish, on 17 November 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

SoR was hungry.
SBI/JQ are probably tired. and pve event/thanksgiving messing things up.

Anyway, week is just starting.   SoS isn't HoD. No one is delusional in thinking that.  But the native SoS have now had some good fights vs SoR.  who is t1 material themselves. The t1-t2 line is really blurred right now. No clear standouts, really.  Yes, SoS beat SoR repeatedly. but not by so much, that a 2v1 focus, or an "off-week" couldn't change that outcome.   So, we'll see about burnout.  A good chunk of SoS has been fighting hard since beta, in t1.  Suggesting that part will burnout is silly.  First loss will be interesting to see.  But again, SoS was a teir4 server. The native pop didn't bandwagon to SoS for easy wins.   SoS clearly won't lord over T1 like HoD did.  We will probably lose here and there.


I don't think any of us really had a good idea of were the servers stood post HoD.  IoJ was the only one that really shifted through the ranks.  And they dropped like a rock out of T1 after doing "well". so maybe that was our hint. IoJ held their own in their t1 match, but then got rocked by SoS and SoR.

  Welcome to Tier 1.

  Clearly, you know nothing of SBI or JQ.

  With the new event, judging any server by this weekend would be a tragic error.

#51 Union

Union

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Location:EB
  • Guild Tag:[CRNG]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostTherion, on 17 November 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

That's rather ironic when you compare how firmly SBI are getting their asses kicked currently to the edge of your seat competitive fights SoR and IoJ put up.
You stay on the lookout for irony; there should be plenty of it.

Posted Image

#52 Stovokor X

Stovokor X

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 249 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SF]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

PRX obviously know what needs to be done in T1 and are showing up ( even at funky hours ). Wonder if they will be able to educate the rest of their comrades. SBi don't seem really motivated yet but still keeping it close.

Posted Image

#53 Trish

Trish

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostVihar, on 17 November 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

  Welcome to Tier 1.

  Clearly, you know nothing of SBI or JQ.

  With the new event, judging any server by this weekend would be a tragic error.
Its not my first time in T1. Did you somehow not read into that I'm HoD almuni?   Do you think I can't see the variance in coverage on SoS and HoD?  The question is how SoS relates to SBI/BG/JQQ of today, as my last seeing of JQQ was of course some time ago now. That JQQ had gained in power, but frankly was not all that impressive, SBI beating them was expected, and fulfilled.   I did expect a better showing from BG, honestly.

I pretty clearly stated, the state of the top 6 servers was a complete unknown to anyone post HoD.  There was no real shifting in power, in the upper levels, as ET and HoD plummeted.   There was no litmus.  Closest we had was IoJ.  Which either fell apart, or was as tell showing that JQQ/SBI/BG did not have much of a gap in power.
Even SoS itself has not had a good test of where it stands.  SoR was a threat, but they also have moved up consistently with us, showing them a solid t1/t2 server as well.

Also, "and pve event/thanksgiving messing things up."   Reading comprehension is hard. I know.

Edited by Trish, 17 November 2012 - 04:56 PM.


#54 CalmLittleBuddy

CalmLittleBuddy

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 983 posts
  • Location:Insane
  • Guild Tag:[JQQ]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

We're about 2 days away from "Hey! No fair! SBI and JQ double teamed us!!"!

Edited by CalmLittleBuddy, 17 November 2012 - 04:53 PM.


#55 Hennet

Hennet

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

The match has been a good one so far. SoS came out of the gate swinging and have put up one damn good fight so far. This is going to be a rather close match for the remainder of the week...

#56 PunNyJR

PunNyJR

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

lol come on sos if u lose the lead at weekend nights u will have more problem during weekdays !!

Edited by PunNyJR, 17 November 2012 - 05:29 PM.


#57 Rendon

Rendon

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Oh dear, it's happening already. You guys at SoS need to stay in second. We don't want to have two servers bouncing back and forth till the end of time again.

#58 Hennet

Hennet

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Its that SBI coverage. SoS will start coming back in about an hour or so

#59 dementedB

dementedB

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostCalmLittleBuddy, on 17 November 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

We're about 2 days away from "Hey! No fair! SBI and JQ double teamed us!!"!

Followed by they only win by PvDoor, even though they've done plenty of that themselves against weaker servers.

#60 Hennet

Hennet

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostdementedB, on 17 November 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Followed by they only win by PvDoor, even though they've done plenty of that themselves against weaker servers.
Hey this isnt JQQ guys, we dont bitch about 2v1's. If thats what it takes for them to beat SoS then so be it.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users