Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 5 votes

T1: SBI vs. JQQ vs. SoS - Old Foes & New Blood


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
729 replies to this topic

#421 CalmLittleBuddy

CalmLittleBuddy

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 983 posts
  • Location:Insane
  • Guild Tag:[JQQ]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostKillminusnine, on 20 November 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

That guy isn't too bright, acting like the match is over... and it certainly isn't.  SoS is on watch for any late game pushes.




We're obviously not "kids" but your use of that word is amusing to me.  It makes it look like you think that your server is better than SoS which might be why you guys didn't get off to a good start this weekend.  SoS isn't a bunch of zombies, we're using a combination of grind and finesse to get the job done.

Never underestimate your opponents, we didn't (and won't) underestimate you.  You might see better results if you took us more seriously as well.  Yeah?

I call my own server friends kids. I was complimenting you guys. You guys keep coming like zombies. That's bad????

Dude, I wasn't being insulting up until now, tenderfoot. I said your server was kicking butt like bull heading through us. But if you want to take compliments and spit insanity, I can do that.

Or you can take a step back, reread what I wrote, maybe look at my past post history and say, "Yup. We are pushing right through you. We'll be waiting come wednesday"

Then again, we can go the other way if ya want.

Edited by CalmLittleBuddy, 20 November 2012 - 03:11 PM.


#422 Sirandar

Sirandar

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 123 posts
  • Location:under your sink
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[Tsym]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Match is far from over.  Still a lot of work to be done.

#423 ProfGast

ProfGast

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

Major props to [LoD] and [SF] on SoS BL last night just around NA/Oceanic changeover.  That was a heck of a series of coordinated strikes.  Don't think I've ever seen that many 20+ invader attacks in such quick succession, our zerg just couldn't muster to keep up.  Most impressive.  We as a server still have a lot to learn about defending and I hope we're taking the free lessons you guys are giving us to heart.

#424 Wotah

Wotah

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 320 posts
  • Location:JQQ
  • Guild Tag:[SICK]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Killminusnine said:

We're obviously not "kids" but your use of that word is amusing to me.  It makes it look like you think that your server is better than SoS which might be why you guys didn't get off to a good start this weekend.  SoS isn't a bunch of zombies, we're using a combination of grind and finesse to get the job done.


Geez someone call me a "kid".  I'd be happy.  

Not to mention SoS is the new "kid" on the block (forever now mentioned as NKOTB).  It doesn't make you worse, it doesn't make you better, it just is.

View PostProfGast, on 20 November 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

Major props to [LoD] and [SF] on SoS BL last night just around NA/Oceanic changeover.  That was a heck of a series of coordinated strikes.  Don't think I've ever seen that many 20+ invader attacks in such quick succession, our zerg just couldn't muster to keep up.  Most impressive.  We as a server still have a lot to learn about defending and I hope we're taking the free lessons you guys are giving us to heart.

Neither could our 7-8 man.  :qq:

Edited by Wotah, 20 November 2012 - 03:21 PM.


#425 Ted Theodore Logan

Ted Theodore Logan

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Location:Hawaii
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Sea of Sorrows Posters

Good battle at X against Y
I'm having a lot of fun this week
What a great ride from T4 to winning T1
We have a lot of work to do, the match is far from over
You can keep Daish

Stormbluff Isle Posters

Good battle at X against Y
I'm having a lot of fun this week
The week is far from over, don't get *y
Just wait until we storm back on you like we do every week
The weekend means nothing
We are burned out from WvW and playing Planetside 2 (or other game)
LOL holiday events
Good luck farming shards
Good luck with queues

Jade Quarry Posters

Good battle at X against Y
I'm having a lot of fun this week
LOL Sea of Queues, Sea of Hengeravi, Sea of Scrubs
The week is far from over
C'mon SBI, step it up and with this


Damn, I wish I could actually play this week instead of forum trolling because it seems like there are always good battles at X against Y and people are having a lot of fun.

#426 Kunagisa

Kunagisa

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RC]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

View PostCalmLittleBuddy, on 20 November 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Congratz for what? It's not Wednesday yet.... and you don't know what a T1 Wednesday can do. Enjoy that feeling of whatever it is you're feeling. Just speaking from experience. 50k lead is not safe. 100k, maybe. 50k... you're in for trouble.
That's how most of us actually feel really without entering T1 ever since that match with SoR from recent memory.

I do have a genuine question though since I'm just a random militia and I don't really follow forum that much.  We've been warned against WM multiple times (if not every second)'s weekday coverage.  From my understanding it's a guild from SBI, but what about JQ? Does JQ have a big weekday coverage guild that will make a major push soon?  Cause JQ's a little behind too at the moment; yet, from the forum (which obviously isn't the best representative of a server but gotta work with what little info I can find) it seems like you guys aren't too concern with the deficit either.

#427 Tarkus

Tarkus

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 133 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[OnS]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostKouShuurei, on 20 November 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

We defend the SBI garrison for a reason, Damn DiE, got our fully upgraded Garrison. :(

You should have heard the reaction over vent when we capped it; we figured that we probably made SBI a "little" mad tonight.  Props to the badass mesmer who made it into the keep and to the 8 guys who pulled the ninja. Even if we did lose it pretty soon after we capped it (i.e. no supply @ lvl 0 upgrades), the reaction from SBI was totally worth the effort.

I hope that Daish is fitting in well and making some new friends like usual

Edited by Tarkus, 20 November 2012 - 03:43 PM.


#428 Wotah

Wotah

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 320 posts
  • Location:JQQ
  • Guild Tag:[SICK]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostKunagisa, on 20 November 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

That's how most of us actually feel really without entering T1 ever since that match with SoR from recent memory.

I do have a genuine question though since I'm just a random militia and I don't really follow forum that much.  We've been warned against WM multiple times (if not every second)'s weekday coverage.  From my understanding it's a guild from SBI, but what about JQ? Does JQ have a big weekday coverage guild that will make a major push soon?  Cause JQ's a little behind too at the moment; yet, from the forum (which obviously isn't the best representative of a server but gotta work with what little info I can find) it seems like you guys aren't too concern with the deficit either.

Not many from JQ actually post on here, it is very few.  For big pushes  - we have a couple of guilds that do good pushes, but not to the likes that WM and SBI has done in the past.

We just go out do our thing and hope for the best.  In the end that's all we can do.  You will continually see us as we never stop coming.

Honestly it looks like we'll see this match again next week because BG has to close about 53 points.  In the meantime though we'll make sure to try our darnedest to level out your score.

Edited by Wotah, 20 November 2012 - 03:46 PM.


#429 Perdan

Perdan

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TSym]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

I think it was in Tier 3 when we fought SoR for the first time.  Not once, but twice our 20k lead was wiped out over night.  We definately understand the importance of continuing to smother our opponents faces in the dirt, never letting them get up and brush themselves off.

On that note, the last few weeks have been decided by Tuesday night.  So I encourage all the SoSers to get out there tonight and color the maps red.

With Thanksgiving on Thursday, who knows what the NA coverage will be like.  Black Friday is going to hold new meaning this week. :)

#430 Hennet

Hennet

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostxSuicide, on 19 November 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

lol "bring your server up the ranks like SoS did!".

not to put you down or anything, but BG inspired a lot of the guilds from DB to move to SoS during our rise from T4. You guys "followed" our rise. (in terms of chronological order). and also, to be specific, our allied guild and a few guilds from DB were close "rivals" in good terms.

I've been part of my guild alliance for over 5 years. If they go, there isn't any point for me to stay.
Yes blackgate is the reason that every guild ever has transfered.... and look at you now?

#431 CalmLittleBuddy

CalmLittleBuddy

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 983 posts
  • Location:Insane
  • Guild Tag:[JQQ]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostKillminusnine, on 20 November 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

Honestly, I just assumed you were trolling due to the way you worded your post.  Sorry.

I'm having a blast this week and I'm thrilled that the battle is lasting all week.  GG.

No worries mate. Now, if I sling trash at ya, just remember, Treble told me to do it.

#432 Walker

Walker

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • Location:My Little Pony
  • Guild Tag:[AoS]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostWotah, on 19 November 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

I don't know if you're another Menaace/Walker account or not, but you really need to look at the history of Menaace and MMAC under his control.  

Also look up the history of EC, which only started after Menaace was kicked for flaming off the server.  The TW things started when Menaace felt the need to edit something as a 'Writer' for the forum.  Yes, he had mod privileges for all of a week and did most of this himself.  

Perhaps I was too harsh in saying they did nothing of note.  I meant that other guilds have done the same in the same timeframe. Menaace was great when he first came to the server he generally wanted to help and seemed to be a great addition.  Somewhere in the time he started to the few weeks prior to this he flipped his lid and went kind of crazy.  TW (now of SoR), FIRE, ESOL all have good commanders and all of which did the same as MMAC.  AoS is a great contribution to this, and we're glad they stayed on.

If you have any specific questions ask me you can PM me here, you can pm me over on jadequarry.com on Woade.

Why would he hand off his guild off to randoms to lead if he's seriously trying to lead and win for JQ? That makes zero sense! Honestly what's the logic in that? According to you he chased off TW, split your JQ.com site right down the middle, took tons of people over to a new site, and he rarely even played the game... that sounds like someone Heath Ledgering your server just to watch it burn for pure ego fuel and as a giant middle finger before quitting the game, probably because you called them bandwagoners.

It worked, JQ sucks now. And honestly, I'd choose Menaace's ego over JQ.com's politics anyday. MMAC / AoS were the reason JQ was first we didn't get it w/o them, and we aren't getting it again now they are gone. I care about the scoreboard. And honestly it seems like he succeeded in his goals because we are getting reamed by both SBI and SoS. When I look back at all of your drama, all it took were a few well worded posts to literally bring our server to its knees and watch a bunch of nerds scramble like someone kicked an anthill.

You should have just played the game instead of played politics lol!

#433 Luthor Huss

Luthor Huss

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostCalmLittleBuddy, on 17 November 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

This week is a repeat of every other week. By Wednesday it will be 1 SBI 2 JQ 3 SoS.

View PostCalmLittleBuddy, on 20 November 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Congratz for what? It's not Wednesday yet.... and you don't know what a T1 Wednesday can do. Enjoy that feeling of whatever it is you're feeling. Just speaking from experience. 50k lead is not safe. 100k, maybe. 50k... you're in for trouble.

You're so right bro!


I mean some may call you an overconfident, arrogant, short-sighted fool whose talking nonsense. But I don't care what they say. I totally believe you.


Clearly, were going to implode tomorrow like you said. It was fun fighting you guys in T1. I guess it's back to T2 with IoJ and SoR. Thanks for having us!


Anyways, I'am off to the battlefield with my white flag...

#434 Goodhugh

Goodhugh

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostBina, on 20 November 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

To everyone on SoS, it has been a fun ride from Tier 4 to Tier 1.

Congratz to the whole server.

For those who have been on SoS since day 1, for those who joined SoS in Tier 4, Tier 3, Tier 2 we could not have done it without you.

The best match so far was against SoR in Tier 2, sorry to say it but Tier 1 has been a let down, more talk here but less good play.

SoS had a "perfect storm" scenario brewing for themselves coming into T1.  I didn't give SBI or JQ much chance of beating them given the circumstances.  A more motivated player base is going to be less likely to give in to distraction.  

I think next week will be closer to the kind of welcome you'd expected.

*edit*

Just noticed DiE transferred to SoS.  lol  Really?  That's hella-lame.

Edited by Goodhugh, 20 November 2012 - 04:27 PM.


#435 PvPD00R

PvPD00R

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostGoodhugh, on 20 November 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

SoS had a "perfect storm" scenario brewing for themselves coming into T1.  I didn't give SBI or JQ much chance of beating them given the circumstances.  A more motivated player base is going to be less likely to give in to distraction.  

I think next week will be closer to the kind of welcome you'd expected.

*edit*

Just noticed DiE transferred to SoS.  lol  Really?  That's hella-lame.

There was an expectation the SoS side that we would have a lot people in the PvE event. It was extremely unexpected that whiel PvE was going there was noone in the BLs or EB from JQQ and SBI. Gave SoS time to cap a majority of the map, run supplies and upgrade the hell out of everything.

It did not take long for JQQ and SBI to regain thier footholds, but those 4 hours were worth 10-15K points, if not more. Back those points out, and spread them around and the SoS lead would be pretty damn small.

Next week will be very interesting, regardless of how this week ends.

#436 jarcus

jarcus

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FoE]

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostKouShuurei, on 20 November 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

Lol he has been calling us, and all commanders idiots. wish he would stop doing that. We defend the SBI garrison for a reason, Damn DiE, got our fully upgraded Garrison. :(

He must have realized everyone on sos had him on ignore.

#437 pot

pot

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 201 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Score update?

#438 Vihar

Vihar

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 691 posts
  • Location:Boston
  • Guild Tag:[Rage]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

View PostCalmLittleBuddy, on 20 November 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Great play from all sides except...

SBI????? My idols? My darlings? Where are you?

  PVE-land

  Last time SBI took a real beating was when Kung Fu Pandas came out.

   This time it's fractal dungeons.

   There won't be any comeback this week.

  The vast bulk of SBI is PVX...WvW never changes, so when shiny new PVE content comes along, it's the swan song for SBI power in WvW.

   They'll be back, just not this week.

#439 Kurthos

Kurthos

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 154 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Work]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

View PostPvPD00R, on 20 November 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

There was an expectation the SoS side that we would have a lot people in the PvE event. It was extremely unexpected that whiel PvE was going there was noone in the BLs or EB from JQQ and SBI. Gave SoS time to cap a majority of the map, run supplies and upgrade the hell out of everything.

It did not take long for JQQ and SBI to regain thier footholds, but those 4 hours were worth 10-15K points, if not more. Back those points out, and spread them around and the SoS lead would be pretty damn small.

Next week will be very interesting, regardless of how this week ends.

Actually, most of SoS was in the event and are still farming around in Lost Shore. We still have an overflow in Lions Arch of people looking for Fractal groups. It is the dedicated guilds and militia that knew the opportunity the event gave to us. You had that opportunity as well.

#440 Stei

Stei

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 327 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AoS]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostKurthos, on 20 November 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

Actually, most of SoS was in the event and are still farming around in Lost Shore. We still have an overflow in Lions Arch of people looking for Fractal groups. It is the dedicated guilds and militia that knew the opportunity the event gave to us. You had that opportunity as well.
I'm stuck with the family most of the week sooo I don't have the opportunity sadly :( . Curse you thanksgiving and giving me such a long break to suffer!!!

Edited by Leyana, 20 November 2012 - 10:42 PM.
No


#441 PariahX

PariahX

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 663 posts
  • Location:WA
  • Guild Tag:[Nord]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

View PostKunagisa, on 20 November 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

I do have a genuine question though since I'm just a random militia and I don't really follow forum that much.  We've been warned against WM multiple times (if not every second)'s weekday coverage.  From my understanding it's a guild from SBI, but what about JQ? Does JQ have a big weekday coverage guild that will make a major push soon?  Cause JQ's a little behind too at the moment; yet, from the forum (which obviously isn't the best representative of a server but gotta work with what little info I can find) it seems like you guys aren't too concern with the deficit either.

In the past when Jade Quarry had some of those guilds from SoR, we did some late week come backs ourselves and we've seen SBI do it often enough to know matches do not end on Mondays or with lopsided scores.  We also have some really great off hour guilds who keep the fight solid 24/7. Mostly I would say guilds on Jade Quarry play less for the score and more for the sheer joy of it.  SoS bringing all that enthusiasm and fresh tactics is a joy to play against even when we are not exactly fielding the numbers we'd like. ^_^

Despite the delusional propaganda Menaance/Walker tries to spread, the Jade Quarry community is doing just fine and finally getting back to what we were before he decided to try and sow his seeds of discontent everywhere.  I am really baffled by the comments that Jade Quarry has been xenophobic in the past when nothing could be farther from the truth.  The only times people ever made a fuss about new transfers showing up was because of the already huge queue times for WvW that JQ suffered from early on when it made more sense to make other servers stronger rather than stack on a few.  Anyone joining the community who puts in a little effort to add to it is welcome with open arms.  :)

View Postshoesbags, on 20 November 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

I think you guys [SoS] left a Daish on our server [SBI], could you please come pick him up? That'd be great

Sorry to hear that SBI but if it makes you feel any better, it sounds like JQ managed to rub Menaance/Walker off onto SoS so he can take credit for them winning this week. :eek:  Enjoy your new megalomaniacs.

#442 Hennet

Hennet

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostPariahX, on 20 November 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

Sorry to hear that SBI but if it makes you feel any better, it sounds like JQ managed to rub Menaance/Walker off onto SoS so he can take credit for them winning this week. :eek:  Enjoy your new megalomaniacs.
SBI can keep Daish, he will take a week off and you will actually GAIN points from it.

We dont want Menaance/Walker, but if they did come here they wont be able to break up our WvW guilds.

#443 Stei

Stei

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 327 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AoS]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostHennet, on 20 November 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

SBI can keep Daish, he will take a week off and you will actually GAIN points from it.

We dont want Menaance/Walker, but if they did come here they wont be able to break up our WvW guilds.
He doesn't break up guild's just makes your life hell with all the stuff he swirls. Take the advice of someone whose been through it clear the weeds or the infestation will just be a hassle later. Won't hurt your main guilds but will hurt your pugs and then WvW gets a little more painful

#444 Vihar

Vihar

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 691 posts
  • Location:Boston
  • Guild Tag:[Rage]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Once in awhile, you have to scuttle the ship to clear out the rats.

#445 Stei

Stei

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 327 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AoS]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostVihar, on 20 November 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

Once in awhile, you have to scuttle the ship to clear out the rats.
Yea we gave you the plague infested rats don't worry :) Just kidding wish you the best they mean well just slightly misguided :)

#446 Kurthos

Kurthos

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 154 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Work]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Don't worry about Daish going to SBI. His reasoning to transfer is that he wants to kill the SoS commanders/guilds that he dislikes before he quits the game for PS2. I wouldn't worry about him being much of an issue for you after today.

Edited by Kurthos, 20 November 2012 - 05:57 PM.


#447 Grumpdogg

Grumpdogg

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 167 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Guild Tag:[REO]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostVanu4life, on 20 November 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

Guess the matter is settled then.  WvW maps cap at around 100 per server per map.  Assuming PRX makes up 100% of a map, it's safe to assume that they are running 100 people strong at best.  If they had a roster of 400+ very active, they would be covering more than one zone during NA.  If they had a wide range of timezone coverage they would be putting up more than 15 during Oceanic.

PRX has never filled a zone while on SoS. Maybe half/half with "militia" at the absolute most, with 10-15 other members in queue or on other maps waiting.

#448 PvPD00R

PvPD00R

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

On Friday at Reset, PRX had 130+ Members online.

Of course all BLs were full for Reset, so I didn't get into WvW right away, but 130 members of one guild makes it hard for others to get into the fray.

Later in the weekend the Queue was down quite a bit, and other than EB, was insta queue for all the BLs. PRX has been assigned EB for this week's match-up and that has been the only queue with a significant wait, so I generally jump into Red or Blue. Been some good fights this week. Been some face rolls too, on both sides.

#449 Hennet

Hennet

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostPvPD00R, on 20 November 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

On Friday at Reset, PRX had 130+ Members online.

Of course all BLs were full for Reset, so I didn't get into WvW right away, but 130 members of one guild makes it hard for others to get into the fray.

Later in the weekend the Queue was down quite a bit, and other than EB, was insta queue for all the BLs. PRX has been assigned EB for this week's match-up and that has been the only queue with a significant wait, so I generally jump into Red or Blue. Been some good fights this week. Been some face rolls too, on both sides.
So for a reset they had 1 maps worth?

Edited by Hennet, 20 November 2012 - 06:41 PM.


#450 MrZero

MrZero

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1086 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Assigned?

Everyoneis still trying to play the alliance metagame? How many alliances are left?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users