Jonathan Sharp has written a new post on the PvP changes for November that were patched in last night. You can catch the full article here, but these are the highlights:
- Temple of the Silent Storm
- The map has some of the vertical play normally seen in shooters, but still has strong regions of the map that play off our active combat and RPG elements
- Channeling different buffs throughout the map:
- Meditation on Ferocity: Bonus +3 team points when anyone on your team earns a kill. These can stack, which means that if you have both buffs, your team can earn 11 points for a kill! There are 2 of these buffs; one on each team’s side of the map.
- Meditation on Stillness: Cap points give you 2 points per pulse instead of 1.
- Meditation on Tranquility: Resets all cap points and gives them to your team. This meditation will only come up once the game has been running for a while, and it only appears once each game! If you’re really behind and see this meditation come up, grab it, because it could swing the outcome of the game!
- Daily Achievements: 3x Caps, 5x Kills, 3x Matches, 1x Top Stat = 1x Glory Boost, 1x Tourney Ticket
- Monthly Achievements: Kill Variety - 8x unique professions killed, Rank Points Earned - 200x, 400x, 800x, 1000x (organized in four levels), 3x Tournament Wins, 10x Monthly matches won = 5x Glory Boosts, 5x Salvage kits, 10x Tourney tickets
- Games played
- Games won
- Tournaments played
- Tournaments won
- Top stats awarded
- Favorite profession
- Favorite map
- Qualifying points
[*]Paid Tournament Entry Fees and Rewards: The reward structure has been revised for paid tournaments:
- 1st place – 1 Gold Tournament chest, 500 glory, 500 rank points, 120 Gems, 5 Qualifying Points
- 2nd place – 1 Silver Tournament chest, 400 glory, 400 rank points, 80 Gems, 3 Qualifying Points
- 3rd place – 1 Silver Tournament chest, 300 glory, 300 rank points, 20 Gems, 1 Qualifying Points
- 4th place – 1 Silver Tournament chest, 300 glory, 300 rank points, 20 Gems, 1 Qualifying Points
- 5th place – 1 Copper Tournament chest
- 6th place – 1 Copper Tournament chest
- 7th place – 1 Copper Tournament chest
- 8th place – 1 Copper Tournament chest
- 10 gems
- 35 gems
- 80 gems
- 120 gems
- 1000 gems
- Smaller Changes: ArenaNet has reorganized PvP browser hot-join maps so that some are 5v5 matches and some are 8v8 matches. Players will also be able to use /rank in the PvP lobby to show off their PvP rank.
Qualifying Points as of November 16th have been tallied. You can view them under the spoiler tag.
- Qualifying points are gained only in paid tournaments, and are awarded based on your placement in a paid tournament.
- We’ll be updating these leader boards daily (during the week) to show the progression of the points.
- We’ll be displaying roughly the top 100 players for both the US and EU servers. We’ll finish off the top 100 by showing all players who tie for the final position.
- This method of displaying the QP’s is temporary until the full system comes online.