6 replies to this topic

#1 The Great Al

The Great Al

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

1. Use a staff.

2. If you are standing in a red circle, dodge. If you don't dodge, it is not going to end well. Seriously, Elementalists don't have enough health or armor to withstand two hits inside a red circle. Insta-deaths are also fairly common. And this was on level 1.

3. Condition removal is extremely helpful.

Feel free to add more.

#2 Murmer

Murmer

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

4. The large mech at the end of the 4th level, (the one you have to pour lava on to deal any damage), is immune to static fields. So use earth staff to keep him crippled, and water to slow him down.

5. Don't get upset if your team that has no elementalist on it starts getting pissed at you for running out of dodges and getting nuked.

6. Range does NOT always make you safe. It just makes you safer then the other guy.

Edited by Murmer, 17 November 2012 - 03:49 AM.

#3 The Great Al

The Great Al

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

The levels are randomized so order is not guaranteed. That mech one took a while.

#4 runemima

runemima

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

in the jumping puzzle/asura lab/poison golem one, you can use both magnetic aura and arcane shield to get past the electric sliders on the stairs. with speed boost and dodge, i had the easiest time of my group.

#5 Serim

Serim

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NAGA]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

View Postrunemima, on 17 November 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

in the jumping puzzle/asura lab/poison golem one, you can use both magnetic aura and arcane shield to get past the electric sliders on the stairs. with speed boost and dodge, i had the easiest time of my group.

And mist form walks right through them too

#6 BZeeB

BZeeB

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Flash actually works in Fractal dungeons like it does in PVP.

#7 Bloggi

Bloggi

Savant

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[CRAP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Comments about elementalists survivability in general: The old school dungeons in general are more about sustain than burst, with the exception of some 'DPS checks' which have been outlined in some videos/ walkthroughs. Playing defensively does help a good deal, however the fractal dungeons seem to be more forgiving than some of the old dungeons, at least in the earlier levels. The recent changes to EA in particular have thrown some builds out of whack, but I personally still like to play with 30 in Water and use Soldier's gear (with the aim of partial Cleric's) and still use a staff.

Bottomline is, if we spec for more points in vitality/ toughness, and/ or gear likewise for minor attributes (and power as a major attribute), combine that with survival skills like Arcane Shield, Armor of Earth, Mist Form, Lightning flash, plus use of dodge/ evade, we get an ele that is a tough cookie. Not guardian or warrior tough, but tough enough. On that note, a guardian + support ele combination is an incredible pair.

Choose defensive traits within our traitlines where necessary for more survival, like Earth's Embrace and/ or Final Shielding if still having issues with surviving (doesn't help if getting one-shotted though). Ensure we have at least one stun-breaker in our utilities. If using Glyph of Elemental Harmony as your heal, use it especially in Water/ Earth attunement to take advantage of those attunement-based benefits. The extra regeneration from that skill in water attunement is amazing with some healing power and boosts to boon duration.

This has worked well for me and the ele doesn't feel squishy in this form, IMHO. Things that do one-shot me generally can also one-shot most if not all other classes and builds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users